You are Here:
The $75 RED ARTIFICE offer from Ellusionist

Author (Read 5158 times)

Re: The $75 RED ARTIFICE offer from Ellusionist
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 07:07:12 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Haha, the thing is, with international shipping I'm probably looking at over 90$ total. I already made a 150$ order for the two LTD decks not so long ago, and my pay is rather small ::) I dunno, if I do it my credit card will take at least two months to clear completely, which is kind of an uncomfortable weight.
As for the arcane gaff, I do have a white arcane in a previous order, but all the fun of bikes is in the fact that you can ruin them for the sake of tricks and not feel bad about it.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »

LauR

• Elite Member
IMO gaff cards work better with a normal bicycle as custom decks usually cause the audience to think its a trick deck, especially if it looks fancy like the arcane

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 07:20:58 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
^That too. Arcanes would definitely look like a trick deck.
I'm not even a magic person to begin with, but I'm still curious to try out things like color changes and other skill-based tricks, and I'm sure gaffs would make this a lot more fun. ::)
And the ghost mini looks like a lot of fun to mess around with haha

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 07:37:34 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
If you don't have any RA, this is the best deal that you can get.
If the payment doesn't hurt you, just buy it.

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 09:06:11 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
If they do this with a Black Ghost, I'm instantly taking this. So far, they've done it with a Gold Arcane twice, and now they're doing it with a RA, I hope they do it with a BG, but I doubt it.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
The red artifice is the one deck I'm interested in. Gold arcanes can wait, and I don't really understand the big hype over the black ghost. ::)

I just have one question before I order.
I'm in Canada, and therefore have my money in Canadian dollars. Paypal charges me conversion fees for purchases in other currencies, so even with the Canadian dollar being higher in value than the US dollar, I end up losing a few dollars anyway. If I pay with my credit card directly to E, do I still end up with conversion fees?
Not that the difference is really significant, but it'd still bother me to pay for conversion if I don't actually HAVE to.

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2011, 09:35:44 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
They probably will convert your fees, because no one in america will accept canadian dollars. if you want to buy something, hurry, because the deal might be over pretty soon
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2011, 09:37:18 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
The deal will be over in 3 hours and 33 minutes to be exact ::) I'm in the same time zone as them.

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 02:03:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
IMO gaff cards work better with a normal bicycle as custom decks usually cause the audience to think its a trick deck, especially if it looks fancy like the arcane

There are far more trick decks in the Bicycle Rider Back design than in practically any other design on earth.  A unique deck design isn't any more or less suspicious.

If you can use some skillful palming or deck-switching, you'll be able to hand out the deck to the spectators to examine, allaying any such suspicions.  Handing out the deck is a great distraction while you palm a gaff card from your pocket - you could practically walk an elephant past them without them noticing because they're focused on the cards.

If they do this with a Black Ghost, I'm instantly taking this. So far, they've done it with a Gold Arcane twice, and now they're doing it with a RA, I hope they do it with a BG, but I doubt it.

In the past year and a half, I've NEVER seen them offer a BG1E at the $75 level.  There's far fewer of them left.  At around summertime, E reported they had about 4,000 Gold Arcanes left, but only about 1,000 BG1Es.  That number can't have gone any higher.  I actually took advantage of the RA offer, and pushed the purchase high enough to get TWO BG1Es, one in the case and one alone.  I have enough GAs in my collection for now, enough to even trade some, which I've been doing.

The red artifice is the one deck I'm interested in. Gold arcanes can wait, and I don't really understand the big hype over the black ghost. ::)

I just have one question before I order.
I'm in Canada, and therefore have my money in Canadian dollars. Paypal charges me conversion fees for purchases in other currencies, so even with the Canadian dollar being higher in value than the US dollar, I end up losing a few dollars anyway. If I pay with my credit card directly to E, do I still end up with conversion fees?
Not that the difference is really significant, but it'd still bother me to pay for conversion if I don't actually HAVE to.

The hype over the BG1E is that it was one of the earliest "limited edition" decks in the whole modern custom deck craze.  Initially it was only given as gifts to prominent magicians, and the first "case" they were ever given in is actually a heavy-looking steel monster of a frame - I saw one on Ebay earlier this year with a starting bid price of $1,000.  There was a certain cache to owning one - it meant you were part of an elite group.  Even when E started giving them as prizes and premiums, they weren't exactly easy to obtain.

Are there more rare or equally rare decks out there?  Plenty of them.  Are there any with the same status as the BG1E?  Nope.

Your credit card company, if it works in a similar fashion to how they do in the States, will charge you a currency conversion fee, usually a small percentage of the purchase price.  See which company offers the better deal on the conversion, PayPal or your bank.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/