« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2011, 07:07:27 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Lol sorry I forgot  :P
But I just realized that you live in the UK and I only ship to the U.S.
Sorry man
Yeah, that's fine. Don't worry about it.  :) Enjoy your Black Crown decks!
Thanks, I didn't buy any today. I got them at the original release. But also, try posting an "ISO" thread in the Selling section of this forum

Re: Black Crown decks LAST CHANCE
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thanks, I didn't buy any today. I got them at the original release. But also, try posting an "ISO" thread in the Selling section of this forum
Ah, okay.
And thanks for the tip, but I think I've already found a seller.  ;)
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2011, 07:35:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I've just got confirmation that the Crowns they are selling by the brick are 2nd Editions -
"Hey, it is the 2nd editions with the thicker tucks, and shading, and
embossing. Thanks!"

@Eyeball - Check your inbox!

Confirmation?  Of what?  That you DIDN'T get a brick?

Don't you read? I got confirmation that the Crown decks they are selling are the 2nd editions. Some people were confused on that issue, so I just cleared it up for them, and myself as well. The pictures show the 1st edition, but they are truly the 2nd.

I read just fine - probably better than you!  :-P  Show us the email - I didn't get one, no one else here stated they got one, and it was in no way indicated on the site at the time of purchase.

Don't start running into theaters shouting "FIRE" unless there actual is one...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2011, 09:00:45 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
I've just got confirmation that the Crowns they are selling by the brick are 2nd Editions -
embossing. Thanks!"

Don't you read? I got confirmation that the Crown decks they are selling are the 2nd editions. Some people were confused on that issue, so I just cleared it up for them, and myself as well. The pictures show the 1st edition, but they are truly the 2nd.

I read just fine - probably better than you!  :-P  Show us the email - I didn't get one, no one else here stated they got one, and it was in no way indicated on the site at the time of purchase.

im pretty sure he emailed and asked them. thats why he says he got confirmation from them...i.e. he asked them through email and they confirmed it. it wasnt a mass email. everyone was asking which version those cards were and he was the only one that actually asked them. they answered quickly, so he put the answer up on the boards.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:01:55 PM by danktrees »

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2011, 09:40:50 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
YES! Thank you danktrees! Anyway Sabacc, honestly, why would I cry wolf if there was no wolf? I'd show you a screenshot of the email they sent me if you'd like.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2011, 10:28:41 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i did not get it .. i was going to buy 1 brick but sold out .. anyone bought it ?

« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2011, 10:44:59 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Alex, you owe me $113.90 - I got your brick.   8)

Cool beans. :) I can only access the boards off my phone now but we should meet up sometime in the next week.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2011, 11:01:13 PM »

Atheosile

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
2nd and last release of these and I missed them again..damn it! lol I will have to pick some up later from buyers sometime in the future. Congratz to those who picked these up!

« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2011, 11:02:46 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
I'm gonna sell off my brick way cheaper than others on eBay as soon as I get it. I'll post a link here once I list it.
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2011, 11:33:28 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I'll have some decks to sell too, I only need two or three for myself. :)
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2011, 11:47:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
embossing. Thanks!"

im pretty sure he emailed and asked them. thats why he says he got confirmation from them...i.e. he asked them through email and they confirmed it. it wasnt a mass email. everyone was asking which version those cards were and he was the only one that actually asked them. they answered quickly, so he put the answer up on the boards.

YES! Thank you danktrees! Anyway Sabacc, honestly, why would I cry wolf if there was no wolf? I'd show you a screenshot of the email they sent me if you'd like.

OK, I can see now where this conversation took a left turn and slammed into the guardrail...

The subject of this topic is BLACK CROWN DECKS LAST CHANCE.

The "Crowns" you're referring to are the BLUE, RED and GREEN Crowns, sold in a mixed brick.

The Black Crowns DON'T COME IN A SECOND EDITION.  To quote the page where they're selling:

"Only 5,000 of the Black Crown decks have been printed, and they will never be printed again. 3,000 of the decks are now for sale, with the remaining 2,000 set aside to be used as prizes during the holidays and for future contests. The time has come. Get your Black Crown decks now and add a dash of elegance to your magic."

Perhaps you should discuss the mixed bricks under a new topic?  And also be more careful (AGAIN) about using confusing abbreviations.

Alex, you owe me $113.90 - I got your brick.   8)

Cool beans. :) I can only access the boards off my phone now but we should meet up sometime in the next week.

Without a doubt.  You're saving on the PayPal, but the drawback is you're losing out on the contest entries!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:56:40 PM by Good@Sabacc »

« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2011, 12:11:48 AM »

danktrees

• Elite Member

OK, I can see now where this conversation took a left turn and slammed into the guardrail...

The subject of this topic is BLACK CROWN DECKS LAST CHANCE.

The "Crowns" you're referring to are the BLUE, RED and GREEN Crowns, sold in a mixed brick.

The Black Crowns DON'T COME IN A SECOND EDITION.  To quote the page where they're selling:

"Only 5,000 of the Black Crown decks have been printed, and they will never be printed again. 3,000 of the decks are now for sale, with the remaining 2,000 set aside to be used as prizes during the holidays and for future contests. The time has come. Get your Black Crown decks now and add a dash of elegance to your magic."

Perhaps you should discuss the mixed bricks under a new topic?  And also be more careful (AGAIN) about using confusing abbreviations.

i see what you mean. but at the same time i dont know why you're only pointing him out. the fact remains that he made that post in response to a question that was REPEATEDLY asked in this thread. so if u're going to call him out on it there are a bunch of other people that u should be addressing too.

furthermore, anyone that was following the thread knew what he was referring to. it was pretty clear he was talking about the coloured decks. maybe he should have posted that info in a completely new thread, but seeing as how the question was asked as early as page 2, it's probably more pertinent to post it in here as opposed to creating a new thread for a question that was asked repeatedly in this thread.

« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2011, 12:40:11 AM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran

oh well.
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2011, 01:36:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

i see what you mean. but at the same time i dont know why you're only pointing him out. the fact remains that he made that post in response to a question that was REPEATEDLY asked in this thread. so if u're going to call him out on it there are a bunch of other people that u should be addressing too.

furthermore, anyone that was following the thread knew what he was referring to. it was pretty clear he was talking about the coloured decks. maybe he should have posted that info in a completely new thread, but seeing as how the question was asked as early as page 2, it's probably more pertinent to post it in here as opposed to creating a new thread for a question that was asked repeatedly in this thread.

Were this a one-time thing, I'd have blown it off and not cared, but I've had many similar communication issues with him in the past.  Calling the mixed brick "Crowns" is like logging into a dating site and setting your criteria for perfect match as "human; any human will do" - it lacks a certain degree of specificity.  I wasn't the only one who thought it was vague and off-the-mark.  In a thread about "Black Crowns", in a post that offered no quotes from previous writers or references to them by name to indicate precisely which Crowns he was referring to, it was not hard to misunderstand him, and therein laid the problem.  Meanwhile, we were going back and forth, with me thinking he's trying to claim the Black Crowns were 2nd Edition when such edition doesn't exist and him thinking I must be crazy thinking that the mixed-color brick were 1st Edition when he spoke to TBC asking about them to verify they were 2nd Edition.

We just had a nice chat about it in PM - it's fine, there's no bad blood or anything.  And yes, I did react strongly, so I'll try to ease up a bit.  I asked him to be a little more careful when communicating to make sure that what he's writing and what he means are indeed the same thing, written clear and with little chance of misinterpretation.

Hey, I've had worse.  Life goes on, you exhale, you forget it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:48:06 AM by Good@Sabacc »