Were YOU looking for Propaganda decks?

Author (Read 1510 times)

Were YOU looking for Propaganda decks?
« on: December 24, 2011, 05:29:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Seems that Brooke Michael's Poker World is offering Propaganda decks for a mere $9.95.  They don't state that they're version 2, so these may be V1's.  They're usually sticklers about that sort of thing, and they described the box - it wasn't embossed, foil-covered, debossed, rebossed, yesbossed or anything of the sort, so they don't SEEM to be a T11 redux...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Were YOU looking for Propaganda decks?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 05:47:48 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
so cheap $10 ?? why does bmpokerworld sell them for so cheap ??

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:51:38 AM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Haha, "yesbossed". I wish.
I might pick up one of these. But I already placed an order with them a few days ago. I'll wait until I have enough money to get a larger order than just one Propaganda deck, so that I can reduce shipping costs.
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 09:47:31 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Thank you so much for this. I love how this deck looks, and I will try to buy some. These decks definitely look awesome. Also they aren't that expensive in comparison to the charity waters decks.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 09:57:47 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Thank you so much for this. I love how this deck looks, and I will try to buy some. These decks definitely look awesome. Also they aren't that expensive in comparison to the charity waters decks.

You are not buying $10 Charity deck, but you are donating $10 and get a free deck.
Thought like this is better.

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 10:02:15 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

You are not buying $10 Charity deck, but you are donating $10 and get a free deck.

I know. I am not saying anything bad about that price. I am still going to buy the Charity deck because I want to help out, and I like the Ace of Spades. I just find it funny that an old deck that is classified rare is the same price as a new deck.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 02:44:23 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I know. I am not saying anything bad about that price. I am still going to buy the Charity deck because I want to help out, and I like the Ace of Spades. I just find it funny that an old deck that is classified rare is the same price as a new deck.

Ours is not to question why, ours is just to pass or buy...

I paid about $25 a pack for mine some months ago.  Seeing them this cheap is an outrageous bargain.  The only other possibility is that maybe BMPW is taking pre-orders on the V2's, but he usually lists when a deck is V1, V2, OS X, Windows 7, Vintage 1800, V8 with 424 cubic inches, 6 and 7/8th, etc.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 05:49:51 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
That's a steal!! Has anybody asked him to check what edition they are (I'm sure they are the 1st though). I might have to pick up some of these if I have an Christmas money left over.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 09:47:39 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
These without a doubt have to be the 1st edition. When he orginally posted them I think he only had somewhere around 23 in stock.  If these were a 2nd edition, 1) You would have seen them at TH11 first, 2) He would have more than 23 in stock, and 3) He would have listed them as V2 (He is very on the ball when it comes to playing cards).  I'm think more along the lines that someone traded him some or he found some he didn't know he had.  Also, it is not that uncommon for BMP to occasionally get older decks back in stock.  If someone doesn't have these I would definitely pick some of these up at this price.

Also these aren't rare in the sense they only printed 1,000 of these. I guess they could be considered rare now (in new condition) but in a good way.  Basically most people liked the feel of these cards so they used them.  When they went out of stock TH11 didn't immediately produce a V2 so...now they are harder to find unopened.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:59:28 PM by munro159 »

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 10:01:43 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
These without a doubt have to be the 1st edition. When he orginally posted them I think he only had somewhere around 23 in stock.  If these were a 2nd edition, 1) You would have seen them at TH11 first, 2) He would have more than 23 in stock, and 3) He would have listed them as V2 (He is very on the ball when it comes to playing cards).  I'm think more along the lines that someone traded him some or he found some he didn't know he had.  Also, it is not that uncommon for BMP to occasionally get older decks back in stock.  If someone doesn't have these I would definitely pick some of these up at this price.

Also these aren't rare in the sense they only printed 1,000 of these. I guess they could be considered rare now (in new condition) but in a good way.  Basically most people liked the feel of these cards so they used them.  When they went out of stock TH11 didn't immediately produce a V2 so...now they are harder to find unopened.

Are you sure that they are 1000 produced?

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 10:11:27 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
I think you misunderstood my post.  I meant these weren't in any way limited upon release.  These were a standard run for TH11 like the regular centurions or any of the Titaniums.