You are Here:
Looking for help! - I could not imagine losing my collection.

Author (Read 33656 times)

Re: Carlo's Relief Package - Fundraising! [100% to go]
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2012, 07:06:25 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Again Nathan do use the "EDIT" option..... I don't think its that hard right? if you are doing this to up your post count. its a little annoying.

@alex Wow $250!!! well it is 100 deck of cards. I will see what I can do to help with the shipping. ^_^ ****its back to the blogpage and posting an article on Carlo's relief package project ^_^ if thats okay***

Re: Carlo's Relief Package - Fundraising! [93% to go]
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Get paid on Wednesday Alex. Will donate $20 then as promised.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2012, 01:43:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Don't forget that we should send Carlo some funds in advance to help him cover the import duties he'll be stuck with.  And if there's a little extra cash, so what?  Send him that, too!  Seriously, I can easily imagine there's a need for it where he's living right now, and I doubt that his playing card collection was the only thing that he lost in the disaster.

I'll pony up in a few minutes, after I collect on a PayPal invoice I'm about to send.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2012, 02:00:42 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I get paid monday so I'll send some money your way for that.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2012, 09:55:39 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Hey guys.

I've been chatting with Carlo off and on through FB the last few weeks.

And he told me the customs fees he's been having to pay.  He's received a few different packages varied in size from all over the world.

EVERY package has had the same customs fee.  But the good news is that is was only 40pesos per package, around $1 USD.

This was very surprising to me... some of these packages were pretty big...
T11 = 75 decks
Ellusionist = 48 decks

Not sure how many decks are in the package we have.

I'll be throwing some $$$ into the paypal later today or tomorrow. 

Thanks again Alex for organizing the shipping effort, and thanks to everyone else for the overwhelming support.

Jay
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: Carlo's Relief Package - Fundraising! [90% to go]
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2012, 07:25:14 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I'm bumping this post because I think we need it! So, how are we doing, Alex?
Can any one else participate? It would really be worth it!

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2012, 04:02:19 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Hmm, I tried searching but the only topic that comes up is this thread. A google search didn't help either. What is this?
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2012, 04:07:56 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Hmm, I tried searching but the only topic that comes up is this thread. A google search didn't help either. What is this?

Here you go, this thread explains the situation very well.

http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1341

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2012, 08:54:14 AM »

George

• Newcomer
I don't know what shipping option the $250 quote was for.  But if the $250 target is too high, I'd like to suggest the the USPS flat rate large box.  It can hold about 70 decks and it ships anywhere in the world for $61.  Two of those boxes should cover the 120 decks for Carlo, and come in at under $125.

Also, a big thank you Alex for organizing this effort!

George

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I don't know what shipping option the $250 quote was for.  But if the $250 target is too high, I'd like to suggest the the USPS flat rate large box.  It can hold about 70 decks and it ships anywhere in the world for $61.  Two of those boxes should cover the 120 decks for Carlo, and come in at under $125.

Also, a big thank you Alex for organizing this effort!

George

With packing material and the other stuff he's receiving (it's not just decks) it takes three boxes, and tax + insurance on each one separately is way more money.

The woman at USPS told me this was the cheapest option, and it includes tax and insurance on the entire package.

That reminds me, I should update the % raised.  :)
Forum Founder.

Re: Carlo's Relief Package - Fundraising! [70% to go]
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2012, 05:02:31 PM »

George

• Newcomer
Ahh, I forgot about insurance.  On $1000+ of decks, I see how that'd add up quickly.

Best,
George

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2012, 05:10:13 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Hey Alex

I just chipped in 40USD towards the shipping.  The paypal might show up under my wife's name Kim.

Alright people.. let's get this done!!!  Give what you can! 

If you are not familiar with Carlo's story, go read about the amazing effort put forth by the playing card community here :

Alex, thanks again for taking care of the shipping effort!  I think we'd all love to see some pics of the decks

Jay
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Re: Looking for help! - I could not imagine losing my collection.
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
This is a bump for the new members.

PLease read the thread, and if you want.. you can help out with the shipping effort here...

http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1887.new#new

Thanks in advance!

Jay aka CBJ

« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Hey Alex

I just chipped in 40USD towards the shipping.  The paypal might show up under my wife's name Kim.

Alright people.. let's get this done!!!  Give what you can! 

If you are not familiar with Carlo's story, go read about the amazing effort put forth by the playing card community here :

Alex, thanks again for taking care of the shipping effort!  I think we'd all love to see some pics of the decks

Jay
I got this idea. I don't know if you think it's worth it or not, but anyways, I think it's worth a try. Maybe whoever donates for the shipping of the package gets to see a picture of the decks Alex will be sending in. Maybe this would give an extra bonus for people to contribute!

« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2012, 08:39:37 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I donated $50 towards shipping a couple weeks ago.  Wish we could get all the money faster so we could get this package to Carlos.
- Adam

« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2012, 01:19:32 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
It's funny... At first everyone was like, "What a tragedy" and everyone sent cards... Then like everything else in the world it was onto something else (with our five second attention spans)... Then when everyone saw Carlos with a  dream list of the most incredible decks in the world (literally) and dozens of decks from vendors and dozens more decks from USPCC, people turned their head and said, "Why the hell should I give any more money? Carlos has it all..."  But the fact is that he doesn't... His home and family's and friends homes were wiped out and destroyed... The cards are a grand gesture, but he still doesn't even have most of them... I'll admit... I even said damn, I'd like to have some of those cards (turning a little green) and figured I'd sent some decks and already paid for shipping on those so I was done... However, I'm going to be sending out a few extra $ for shipping to Alex as well so Carlos can receive his decks already (It's been two months)... So if you have already sent decks - another $5 or $10 is not something you would even feel... Or if you haven't sent decks, just send Alex $5 or $10 so he could get the package over to Carlos already... Too much work has been put towards this already for it to fizzle out and just sit stagnant... You'd be surprised how quickly the $ would add up if everyone just shot over $5, $10, or more $ to Alex... Sending some $ over to you now Alex...

However, one request Carlos... It's nice seeing your unboxing video because it is meaningful, however fast forward or ditch the photoshoot during the video and please explain why you are always being a cat and saying meow, meow and such... Thanks, J.

« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2012, 01:38:31 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I agree with JMrock, I am sending some money tonite, and if every member here sent $1 it would be way more than needed. :)

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2012, 02:00:53 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@Aaron... If a naughty child asked Santa for coal, he would get a full set of Merz American Series Bicycle Playing Cards...  In addition, I appreciate you concurring... The cat thing, right... meow meow... wtf??? Oh, you meant sending the $... That too...  ;)

« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2012, 02:11:26 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@Aaron... If a naughty child asked Santa for coal, he would get a full set of Merz American Series Bicycle Playing Cards...  In addition, I appreciate you concurring... The cat thing, right... meow meow... wtf??? Oh, you meant sending the $... That too...  ;)

damn... meow meow always remind me of this girl :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgm6xMWBg1U

Sorry i know it's off topic :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:12:05 AM by digipunk »

« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2012, 02:14:30 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Lol, The only thing worse than coal ;) and  have no idea what you and Digipunk are talking about the Meow crap but the video was messed up too.

« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2012, 02:18:53 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@Digi... Thank you for going off topic and introducing me to my new weather station... I will be checking in to get all my weather there from now on... I've also found my next wife... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peGloSzOLCA&feature=related

Edit: @Aaron... Carlo (I was calling him Carlos - pardon me) keeps saying meow meow and incorporates cats or something in his videos or posts or something like that...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:21:08 AM by jmrock »

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2012, 02:19:21 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Lol, The only thing worse than coal ;) and  have no idea what you and Digipunk are talking about the Meow crap but the video was messed up too.

No, I don't know what he mean, but he likes to say meow meow. (off topic again, sorry)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:25:45 AM by digipunk »

« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2012, 02:59:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Ahh, I forgot about insurance.  On $1000+ of decks, I see how that'd add up quickly.

Best,
George

Another thing that you failed to account for is that the flat-rate Priority Mail boxes may be "if it fits, it ships, up to 70 pounds" in the US, but the weight restrictions are much lower on Priority Mail International.  I think even if the whole collection did fit in only two large boxes, we'd blow the weight limits right out of the water.

JMrock made a very good point in his moving speech.  I already contributed.  If all you can spare is one or two bucks, that's one or two bucks closer to the goal than we were before.  No one wants you to break the bank on this - just bend it a little.  If you're literally sending that small of an amount, mailing the bills would be easier than dealing with a money order - just wrap it in some paper so it can't be seen through the envelope.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2012, 05:00:46 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I got a few more donations, I'll calculate how much they were total and update the total tomorrow. I still have a few things to give away on Facebook so I'll hold a contest as promised to increase awareness on this thread.

Forum Founder.

Re: Carlo's Relief Package - Fundraising! [32% to go]
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2012, 03:09:16 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Would it be okay to ship canadian money? Or should I try to get some US money?