You are Here:
Looking for help! - I could not imagine losing my collection.

Author (Read 32829 times)

Re: Looking for help! - I could not imagine losing my collection.
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 07:03:58 PM »

SaCproductions101

• Newcomer
I am going to add a bicycle Silver deck to the Cause! I'm pretty sure that's not listed above :). The box is Black and has silver accents, but the back of the cards are sliver. This is a tragedy that the tsunami destroyed all of his decks, but this is a great way to help a guy out, I am very honored to be apart of this!

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 08:59:09 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Thank you Savanna! :)

Hey guys, before you send anymore decks overseas, I will be collecting the decks at my address so I can send them all in one big go, along with my contributions as well. It makes no sense for everyone to pay so much extra for shipping. If you're adamant about spending money, just throw Carlo an extra deck or two.

I will be documenting publicly every shipment I receive. Once all the shipments are in, I'll be packing them and at that point we will need some contributions to ship the package. My estimates for international shipping are $40-100 for this many decks.

Based on what I have seen from our community before, this amount of money will be raised VERY quickly.

This obviously only applies to U.S. contributions. CBJ will give you guys my shipping address.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 09:38:16 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Alex, check your messages
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 10:12:14 PM »

SaCproductions101

• Newcomer
Alex, can you post your address in here? XD

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 10:29:52 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Alright guys,

This has grown bigger than I though it would lol

So, here's the address to send the decks to if you want to add them to the group package.

AetherCards
4895 East Russell Road #205
Las Vegas, NV 89120
United States

Alex will be making a list of the decks as they come in, and who sent them... just to make sure we get everyone's packages.  If you'd also like to send a letter, that would be fine.

Obviously we want to do this as quick as possible, so if you're in... could you please try to send them to Alex as soon as possible.  Then post in this thread that you've sent your package.

If you'd rather send them on your own, please get the address for the lucky guy out of this thread.. and send away!

I just want to take a second and thank EVERYONE.  I am amazed at the generosity of the members of these forums and the card companies that have helped out.  I can't thank you enough.

Jay aka CBJ

One last thing... If you want to help with shipping costs/customs, shoot me a message.

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 10:44:58 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Hey, i have family from tyhe philipines!!!! my dad is married to a phillopino woman!!!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 12:32:27 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Hey Alex,
We'll be sending the 2 Brimstones and 2 Revision 1's within a week.
The Americana's might be a bit longer in a different shipment... 8)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:32:55 AM by RWKercheval »
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 12:37:47 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
I have put $20 into my paypal, who do i pay? and if i pay alex, it will be in with my payment for those 6 decks

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 01:39:06 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
@Five: You can pay me. The $20 should actually cover about half, if not more, of the shipping costs for a package of that size. Don't pay anything yet though, I want to finalize things.

Hey guys, if you want to save on shipping and you decide to ship to my address (listed a few posts above this one), please make sure you put some kind of notice saying it's for this card drive either on the package or inside of it. I get several packages each week and it will save me some time packing.

I encourage you guys to write a note that includes what you sent, as well as anything else you want to say. I will pack all the notes in a nice envelope with the package as well.

I will ship via USPS. Please please please ship your packages timely so that we don't have stray decks arriving after I send the parcel. I'll be keeping a public record of everything I receive, and I will be announcing on the forums as well as my Twitter (@Aethercards) what day I will send the package. That way, if something has not yet been delivered, you can contact me. :)

If you can't ship out your contribution this month don't worry too much. You can help directly by contributing to the shipping fee fund once the package is ready to go. I will also be sending him a Vortex care package once I receive them, and I will let everyone know if they want to send more things along at that point.

I know some of you may have seen that list and thought "wow, all that? He's already getting a bigger collection than I have, for free! I don't need to contribute." Let me point out that the care package he is receiving is indeed quite insane. It's worth a huge amount of money and is something that takes years for any normal collector to get to.

However, I think anyone that loses their home and all of their belongings (and we don't know if he lost friends or family but let's pray he didn't) deserves all of these decks, and then some. Several days ago I made a post about how we should build a safety net in our community for these sorts of things. This is that safety net at work. If any one of you, god forbid, went through something like this in your lives, myself and everyone else here would look out for you and do all this for you as well.

So please, throw in a deck if you haven't already. This is what community is all about.

I want this kid to open up his packages and realize that for every bad thing in his life, there are ten people wanting to make things better. =]

Big thank you goes to Jay (CBJ) who organized all of this.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 01:53:22 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Good Job Jay!!! And alex I have $20 in my paypal ready to go, for this, so tell me when, send me an invoice and ill pay it, and is it $41 for my 6 decks and postage im getting from you?

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 02:03:21 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Good Job Jay!!! And alex I have $20 in my paypal ready to go, for this, so tell me when, send me an invoice and ill pay it, and is it $41 for my 6 decks and postage im getting from you?

I'll calculate your total costs tonight and send you the invoice for the decks + shipping + donation tomorrow morning.

In the event that I don't end up receiving any packages I will pocket your $20 and have you select $20 worth of decks from my shop that I will ship in your name to him. :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 02:06:07 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
It is awesome to see the support this guy is getting from the community!

It's that time of year again for me where I become broke due to tuition and textbook fees and unfortunately the majority of my collection are single decks that I can't really part with. But, I figure that since this guy is already receiving the blue watermelon deck in his care package, that he might as well get the red one as well  :) . I'll be shipping down a deck of the red watermelons to you Alex, hopefully within the next week.

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 02:08:15 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
@Alex. wel, the money for the decks hasnt gone through yet, and i only have $20 in there atm

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 02:09:23 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
@Curt: Thank you. :) Glad to see so many people stepping up!

I will obviously be including my own contributions (I'll be shipping him a brick of Vortex decks and an uncut sheet when I get them, as well as half a brick of random decks from my shop), but if you don't have anything from your personal collection to send, or you don't want to pay ANY shipping fees, you can buy items from my playing card shop and I will add them to the package in your name.

Here is the link: http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1048.0

You will not be invoiced for ANY shipping charges, only the items you buy.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 02:12:03 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Ill Do that then alex, instead of sending $20 ill do 50-50

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 02:42:00 AM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Wow, that's an awesome response in such a short time too, looking through the list I think the only deck I have multiples of that hasn't been donated already is the White Blades.

So my package will include:
White Blades,
Midnight Blades,
Fantastique
Black Crown
Green Crown (1st)
Infinity

I know they are duplicates but I'm sure they'll still be appreciated. As I'm in the UK I'll be sending these direct, probably at the end of the month when the wages go in LOL!
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 10:47:10 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Just in case anyone missed it in the above post...

IF you are sending decks to Alex at Aether for the group effort, make sure you write on the package that it is for the group shipment.  Thanks.

Jay aka CBJ

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I have a cool idea for this project - we'll call it DECK AID!  Not as big as Band Aid, but just as well-intentioned.

I'm getting a package to Alex@Aether today.  In addition to my Bicycle Clot Ltd. Eds., I'm sending a deck of blue and a deck of red Split Spades Lions - Carlo seemed so fond of the ones he lost.

While I'm at it, I'm sending him an autographed two-deck set of the Bee Split Spades, too.  He'll love those, I'm sure.

And a pack of blue Bicycle Masters, since I have so many of them.  Six decks in total.  Each new paragraph, I paused and thought of another deck to send!  I can't wait to hear his reactions.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 05:32:36 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I have a cool idea for this project - we'll call it DECK AID!  Not as big as Band Aid, but just as well-intentioned.

I'm getting a package to Alex@Aether today.  In addition to my Bicycle Clot Ltd. Eds., I'm sending a deck of blue and a deck of red Split Spades Lions - Carlo seemed so fond of the ones he lost.

While I'm at it, I'm sending him an autographed two-deck set of the Bee Split Spades, too.  He'll love those, I'm sure.

And a pack of blue Bicycle Masters, since I have so many of them.  Six decks in total.  Each new paragraph, I paused and thought of another deck to send!  I can't wait to hear his reactions.

That sounds awesome! Make sure you leave a note letting him know what you sent. :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »

adslgogo

• Newcomer
I also saw the video The death of a Collection, A goodbye, a sad video but there was a comment that inspired me. Cards are insignificant compared to your life and the lives of those you love. You survived the typhoon, and you now have the rest of your long life to re-establish your collection. It may take you a year, it may take you ten years, but in the end cards can be replaced. Cherish the meaning of your life and the ability to continue collecting when so many others died and are no longer able to do what they love, and not the meaning you attribute to pieces of paper. This was very true. All those cards that vanished because of the demolishing action mothernature has put on them.

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2012, 07:50:23 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I also saw the video The death of a Collection, A goodbye, a sad video but there was a comment that inspired me. Cards are insignificant compared to your life and the lives of those you love. You survived the typhoon, and you now have the rest of your long life to re-establish your collection. It may take you a year, it may take you ten years, but in the end cards can be replaced. Cherish the meaning of your life and the ability to continue collecting when so many others died and are no longer able to do what they love, and not the meaning you attribute to pieces of paper. This was very true. All those cards that vanished because of the demolishing action mothernature has put on them.

That's actually funny, because Alex, the guy who owns Aether cards (known as alex. on this forum) wrote that post. He is DeckMasterCards on YouTube!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2012, 09:31:23 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I would love to help but any decks I have that I could send are already on the list.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2012, 12:48:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I would love to help but any decks I have that I could send are already on the list.

Then send a few bucks to help with shipping.  I'm sure it will be needed.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Hey guys, I'll be posting a link son if you want to donate for the shipping/customs fees.

Watch here for more info.

ALSO - - - Please write that this is for the group package if you are sending decks to Aether cards

CBJ aka Jay

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2012, 04:11:34 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
CBJ, do you want to wait until I receive all the decks to take shipping money? I want to get an exact quote from USPS rather than raising more money than we need.
Forum Founder.