You are Here:
Looking for help! - I could not imagine losing my collection.

Author (Read 33662 times)

Re: Looking for help! - I could not imagine losing my collection.
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2012, 12:34:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Carlo, I for one am itching to see you unboxing all that stuff - and I want to see facial reactions and not just pictures of the cards!  You've been through hell I'm sure, and even with this gift we're giving you I wouldn't trade places with you.  I'm just glad we're giving you hope and inspiration to complete your midterms.  (It's OK if we see you crying on the video - any one of us would do the same and there's no shame in it!)

We don't expect you to pay us back one bit.  Just pay it forward to the next poor soul who ends up in a worse position than you're in.  I for one thank you for giving me the opportunity to help you and to feel good about making a difference in one person's life.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2012, 07:24:53 AM »

uandme2466

• Newcomer

• Facebook:
-------,, hellow again guys!!! mid terms were done!,, i actually answered them exams!!,, thnxthnxthnxthnx////

again,, i follow the posts on aether and UC,, im so forever grateful, , my cousin said that something arrived in the house in iponan,,, i still cant go there yet coz i have got like a mountain of school work to attend to,, and im still waiting to get my camera back so i can take a video of it,,,

,,thank you all.,.. i have written some reflections about the typhoon and what it had done to the city, (some seat work in some of my subjects) and i cant help but shed a tear or two... yes we survived and were unharmed,, but its that feeling that others did not,, still makes us uneasy.. but in every reflection ,, i always mention what the community is doing for me,, i always say how thankful i am in those papers,,, thank you all^^_

« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2012, 02:25:42 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
looks like the uspcc saw the same thing and had the same idea. http://www.bicyclecards.com/news/latest

the playing card community is a great one.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I think that they made a mistake - Bicycle - because, if I am not mistaken, about 180 decks were sent by people from Aether Cards, UC, and some other companies, as well as many decks in packages by Ellusionist and T11 and D&D.

« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2012, 03:06:17 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
After I contacted T11, they teamed up with USPCC to send that package.

This still all stems from the movement on these forums.  This is a great community we are all a part of.

Jay
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
What USPCC did is by no means a "mistake". Helping someone in need out is never a bad deed nor should it be looked down upon. I do, however, find it interesting that no credit is being given to Jay who actually did 100% of the legwork. Jay convinced people to donate, Jay brought this to the attention of T11, and the result? The companies use it as a means to good PR. Like it or not, the good folks on here and on UC are the real amazing members of the community.

To everyone that participated, I hope you know that no one in the community that matters actually gives credit to USPCC or T11 for this. They did a great job restoring the collecting, but they were miles behind what all of you did. It makes me proud to be a part of a community with such wonderful people in it.

Right now I am waiting on one last package, and then we can start fundraising for shipping!
Forum Founder.

« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2012, 04:45:42 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I am sorry if what I said went unclear. I really wish the best of luck to you and your family. I just meant to say they didn't give any credits.

« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2012, 04:52:14 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I am sorry if what I said went unclear. I really wish the best of luck to you and your family. I just meant to say they didn't give any credits.

I know what you meant, and I agree completely.  :-X
Forum Founder.

« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
What USPCC did is by no means a "mistake". Helping someone in need out is never a bad deed nor should it be looked down upon. I do, however, find it interesting that no credit is being given to Jay who actually did 100% of the legwork. Jay convinced people to donate, Jay brought this to the attention of T11, and the result? The companies use it as a means to good PR. Like it or not, the good folks on here and on UC are the real amazing members of the community.

To everyone that participated, I hope you know that no one in the community that matters actually gives credit to USPCC or T11 for this. They did a great job restoring the collecting, but they were miles behind what all of you did. It makes me proud to be a part of a community with such wonderful people in it.

Right now I am waiting on one last package, and then we can start fundraising for shipping!

Honestly, I'm not looking for credit.  I consider this a 100% group effort. 
It did irk me a bit that USPCC didn't mention the playing card community as a whole.  A lot of amazing companies/people were involved in this.

75 decks is impressive though lol

I hope Carlo can make enough room for all these decks.

Jay
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2012, 12:26:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Even so, it would have been nice to get mentioned.  But hey, it's a corporate website used to promote said corporation, so they want the spotlight on their good deed.  We know what we did, and that's just fine.

« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2012, 01:16:01 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
We got mentioned... Mentioned to Carlo, who knows what each and every member contributed... + another 75 from USPC??? Can you imagine the collection this kid is going to have??? I'm sure he'd take his original collection back and no typhoon, but my goodness... What was the total count from all the Discourse & UC members plus the 75 from USPC and all the other companies that participated???

« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2012, 06:21:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
We got mentioned... Mentioned to Carlo, who knows what each and every member contributed... + another 75 from USPC??? Can you imagine the collection this kid is going to have??? I'm sure he'd take his original collection back and no typhoon, but my goodness... What was the total count from all the Discourse & UC members plus the 75 from USPC and all the other companies that participated???

True enough.

He should have a good couple of hundred decks.

« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2012, 08:22:19 AM »

uandme2466

• Newcomer

• Facebook:
,,good evening guys,,, i know u all would want me 2 like video stuff,,, so i did^^_ this is still part one,,, ill upload part 2 like 2m,, meow,,, thnx thnx thnx thnx!!! ^^_

http://youtu.be/l17uhImEnSc

by the way,, my UC account is like broken,, i dont know what happened,, i cant login anymore,,,

« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2012, 09:02:47 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Hi Carlo, just left a message to you and hope you understand I don't want my name and address to be shown in the video when you open them.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:46:50 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Hey Carlo,
I hope you enjoy all of your decks! I can't wait for part 2!

« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2012, 04:24:54 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Thanks for the video!! Glad you are loving the new decks. I can't wait for part two  :)
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2012, 08:32:42 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Hey Alex,

Have the other packages come in???

Maybe we could start raising money for shipping/customs while we wait...

Just a suggestion

Jay

« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
I'm going to be 100% honest right now. I have been in and out of the hospital the past month for various amounts of time for various different things, *I have a heart condition that was dormant up until last month*, I gave the package to my brother to send it but apparently he never did, *he is lazy*, so i will be shipping the package tomorrow because that is the one day i don't have a set schedule  for my tests. Once again Alex, Jason, and Aetherians, i am so sorry for my delay, if i would have known this would happen to me i would not have contributed.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
John, calm down and take care of yourself. Please let us know how you're doing and know that we wish you the best of health.

As for your package, whenever I receive it is fine. I'll go ahead and start preparing for the shipping fundraiser meanwhile. Carlo, stay frosty, your biggest present is soon to come!
Forum Founder.

« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2012, 09:45:18 AM »

uandme2466

• Newcomer

• Facebook:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_LzuX1LXo4&feature=youtu.be

guys!1 good evening!!.. i waited a long time for this 2 upload,,, meow...

thankuthankuthanku!!!..

oh guys,, there is something i wanna talk about,, some guy commented recently on my -death of a collection- video.

it hurt me a lot,,,

i knw the number of people who lost their lives,, but i want to assure u all,, i looked after my fellow cagayanons first,,

before i even shot that video,, i helped out in our university, volunteered to repack goods for those affected,,,
i was a victim, yet i still had the heart to help out..

i wanna thank u all again,, from the bottom of my heart,,^^_ let this new collection not only be a collection of playing cards,, but a symbol that ,,even us magicians collectors and cardists from around the world can help out those who needs it the most, even if they are complete strangers,,

i will also dedicate this collection to the city,,, in memory of those that never knew what hit them,, thank u all again

« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »

Dazzleguts

• True Member
Hi Carlo

I do not think mourning your lost card collection takes anything away from the deeper losses that have happened with a disaster like this. It is not possible for sympathetic bystanders to replace lives and homes, but at least we can help a survivor, a member of this community, regain a small but important part of their life. There will always be bitter individuals who try to rain on you. Shake it off and enjoy your new collection.

Perhaps, if any of the decks are not what you would have chosen for yourself, you could pass them on in the same spirit with which they were given.

Thank you for the videos, looking forward to seeing the rest! :D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:59:14 PM by Dazzleguts »

« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2012, 08:50:18 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Hey guys, an update:

The decks are ready for shipment. I'm going to get an exact quote from the USPS this week, and then start fundraising. The fundraising will take place in a separate thread on here, and the sooner the money is raised the sooner we can get these decks out there!
Forum Founder.

« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2012, 10:10:48 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Carlo... I agree with Dazzleguts... And as he said, if anything was not exactly what you were looking for and you'd like to pass, I sent you my address, so feel free to send any overflow my way...  Still looking for some Bicycle Garden Cages and Jerry's Nuggets (kidding)...  I got six coming at you... But really... it is clear that although this is a major undertaking on all of the card collectors involved, it is dwarfed by the severity of what occurred in your country... That being said, may the cards offer some happiness to you in the midst of all the sadness and uncertainty...

Carlo's Relief Package - Shipping soon!
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Hey guys, I got my quote from USPS today and it was not a pleasant price to hear for Carlo's relief package. We need to raise $250 (this is after the few donations I've already received) to send the package out. Everything is packed and ready to go with about 120 decks.

I urge anyone with some extra cash lying around, to donate it via PayPal to me so I can get this package on its way. I strongly believe that if we can raise well over a $1000 worth of playing cards for the guy, we can collect 25% of that to ship it out.

Right now I will just be posting this thread, but tomorrow I will throw up a contest on Facebook to promote the donations as well.

To donate, all you have to do is send the money to my personal PayPal account: spektralex@gmail.com Please, add in a note for what the donation is for so I can calculate how much we have left to raise quickly.

Please take into consideration the 5-10% of fees that PayPal charges (I don't know the exact number, which is sad because I've been using it for years!)

If you want to avoid the fee, send cash (USD) or check to the following address:

AetherCards
4895 E Russell Rd. #205
Las Vegas, NV 89120
UNITED STATES

100% of the money raised is going straight to the shipping. I'm not taking a dime out of this for myself, and if we somehow manage to raise more, I will use the extra cash to purchase him some more decks, or upgrade the shipping to get there faster, or heck just include the money in the package itself to compensate whatever customs fees he has to pay.

Please spread the word about the fundraiser to people you know. Every dollar helps.

And for anyone wondering why I just don't front the money, it's because I'm actually not that rich, and since I'll be paying a similar amount when I ship out my Vortex care package to him, I'd rather not be short an entire month's worth of rent as a result.

As for shipping method, this is the cheapest possible way to ship. The decks take up about three large priority mail packages, which is around $260 after taxes and would probably murder the guy with custom's fees when he receives them.

I'll update the amount raised once or twice each day. :)

Thank you very much for showing that together we can do twice what USPCC and Theory11 combined can, and then some. This community is easily one of the greatest that I have ever been a part of.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:15:48 PM by alex. »
Forum Founder.

Re: Carlo's Relief Package - Fundraising! [100% to go]
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Ok. the 20$ after tax and % taken by Paypal. They take 4.4% just for others to know.
I hope this will be helpful and I hope you recieved it without problem!