You are Here:
Propaganda deck, v2, from T11 - or USPC?

Author (Read 3493 times)

Propaganda deck, v2, from T11 - or USPC?
« on: January 15, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This is a continuation from the thread on USPC Bicycle Steam Punk decks, where the thread started veering off-topic but into important territory.

When did USPC release their own version of Propagandas?  Guardians I've seen; I have all three versions - two from T11, one from USPC.  I also noticed that BMPokerWorld recently got Propaganda back in stock at a mere $9.95 a deck.  T11 did say there was a Propaganda V2 coming out, but I haven't heard anything about it actually releasing yet, unless those BMPW decks are the new release...

well theres two separate editions that ive found.
http://www.the1eyedjack.com/servlet/the-495/Propaganda-deck/Detail
http://www.the1eyedjack.com/servlet/the-203/Theory-11/Detail

from what i gather, one is from ohio and has tally ho stock while the other is from kentucky. i dont believe theory11 sold the kentucky ones so i just considered it as a second verison since they're different.

So, it looks like the Prop v2 decks are finally out.  I'm kind of shocked that T11 didn't try fancifying the box in any way - it would be a first for a v2 from them!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:43:34 PM by Good@Sabacc »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Propaganda deck, v2, from T11 - or USPC?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 07:12:41 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
i think the new box doesnt look as nice either. seems faded, could just be the picture but i cant be sure as i dont have either of them.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Well one of those links says Ohio in the title and the other doesnt.... could the be the difference?

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 09:07:41 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Is the one  bmpokerworld selling v1 or v2?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 09:10:38 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I don't think this is what T11 is talking about because they don't have propaganda for sale on their site.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 09:53:32 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Honestly, I don't know just what the v2/new deck is like.  I plan to order some and find out.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I would assume it is a version like what was released with the Steampunks where there is a T11 version and a USPCC version.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 10:01:17 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I would assume it is a version like what was released with the Steampunks where there is a T11 version and a USPCC version.

There's a good chance of that - it's different in that it's a USPC print of an old T11 release that's still out of print, as opposed to a current T11 release.  I'll know more when I see them myself.

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 10:03:24 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Ya maybe they are some the guy at BMP picked up recently or something but definatly tell us what it is when you get them. :)

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 07:48:16 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
So i shot theory 11 an email and got direct response from Jonathan Bayme on this matter.

"To answer your question, multiple editions of Propaganda Playing Cards were printed over the past several years, and at least one of those editions did occur in the newer USPC facility. That said, no edition has been printed in the past six months, and we plan to make several updates to the design before re-printing in the future."

I find this very interesting. Now the only question is if a new edition hasn't been printed in the past 6 months, where did everyone else find them? I replied to Jonathan with the very same question, expect a response soon.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So i shot theory 11 an email and got direct response from Jonathan Bayme on this matter.

"To answer your question, multiple editions of Propaganda Playing Cards were printed over the past several years, and at least one of those editions did occur in the newer USPC facility. That said, no edition has been printed in the past six months, and we plan to make several updates to the design before re-printing in the future."

I find this very interesting. Now the only question is if a new edition hasn't been printed in the past 6 months, where did everyone else find them? I replied to Jonathan with the very same question, expect a response soon.

I was a handful of months ago that I first saw this deck appear at BMPokerworld.  They finish the run six months ago, it goes through distribution channels, retailers buy them, then offer them for sale - all that adds up to just enough delay to draw the conclusion that the current batch IS the edition from six months ago.

So, in conclusion - this isn't V2.  It doesn't even appear to be a USPC edition; just a recent print run of V1 done in Kentucky which was never offered on the T11 site for some unknown reason.  A bit odd, but still not V2.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:55:45 PM by Good@Sabacc »

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
my opinion is i don't like the propaganda deck the name really doesn't go with it and its to pain to be a collectors deck .

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 08:22:20 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
its to pain to be a collectors deck .
What do you mean by that?

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 11:10:14 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Don't ask.  He's a troll looking for a response.  Just ignore him and he'll go away.

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 11:12:53 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
i mean't its to plain to be a collectors deck i was just answering the question and its my opinion  8)

Good@Sabacc your more of a troll then me i see your post everywhere and there a nonsense !!!!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:08:27 AM by Curt »

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 11:17:23 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Don't ask.  He's a troll looking for a response.  Just ignore him and he'll go away.

He's new here I wouldn't go so far as to call him a troll. Yeah the post was short but I'm sure he has an opinion like all of us to back up what he says.

Hybrid just take your time in writing your posts. We all are interested in your opinion just take your time writing out your thoughts.

I'm excited to see the new version that T11 comes up with in the future
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 01:06:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

He's new here I wouldn't go so far as to call him a troll. Yeah the post was short but I'm sure he has an opinion like all of us to back up what he says.

Hybrid just take your time in writing your posts. We all are interested in your opinion just take your time writing out your thoughts.

I'm excited to see the new version that T11 comes up with in the future

It's fine, I just plan on ignoring his existence here unless he actually steps up his game, makes real topics to talk about and adds to existing ones in a more meaningful way.  Right now, all I see are almost-literate scrawls, but I never write a person off completely.  Opinions are great, but to just shout them out and say nothing about the whys and hows isn't really conversation.

I'm looking forward to V2 - though if T11 sticks to the usual battle plan, all they're going to do is jazz up the box and make the cards exactly the same, just without the now-nonexistent Tally Ho stock (new Tallys are made on an Aristocrat variant).  I seriously hope they do something more, but they haven't so far so it doesn't look promising.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:09:20 AM by Good@Sabacc »

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 08:25:41 AM »

authorXD

Y'd the original propaganda deck go a wall anyways?

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 10:12:18 AM »

Utterfool

• Elite Member
  • " I have nothing to declare except my folly"

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• last.fm:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

I really have absolutely no idea what that post means

I personally am a big fan of the Propaganda deck, but I will admit it is purely due to the design.
Gas masks being one of the many things I collect, I am a fan of anything that ties my collections together.
So I pick these up whenever I can find them under $9.00, to use at our card nights.

Though I like these, I certainly would like to see them reprinted with a different finish.
I use these often during our card nights. We break a new deck open each week and I probably choose these about 1 every other month.
I think everyone would let me choose them more often if they were cheaper and they handled better.
My group finds that they have a bit of a sticky feel coming out of the box and that doesn't seem to go away as they break in.
The cards are also a bit stiffer than we are use to playing with.
As I am not a flourisher don't know, perhaps these are attributes that are looked for in a deck.

But despite my critical review of the deck I am looking forward to a V2 and will buy a couple bricks if they handle the same or not

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 09:26:47 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I really have absolutely no idea what that post means

I personally am a big fan of the Propaganda deck, but I will admit it is purely due to the design.
Gas masks being one of the many things I collect, I am a fan of anything that ties my collections together.
So I pick these up whenever I can find them under $9.00, to use at our card nights.

Though I like these, I certainly would like to see them reprinted with a different finish.
I use these often during our card nights. We break a new deck open each week and I probably choose these about 1 every other month.
I think everyone would let me choose them more often if they were cheaper and they handled better.
My group finds that they have a bit of a sticky feel coming out of the box and that doesn't seem to go away as they break in.
The cards are also a bit stiffer than we are use to playing with.
As I am not a flourisher don't know, perhaps these are attributes that are looked for in a deck.

But despite my critical review of the deck I am looking forward to a V2 and will buy a couple bricks if they handle the same or not

I think AuthorXD was trying to say "go away anyways", as in why'd they leave.  My answer to that is, they didn't.  While T11 is still "sold out", they've also had at least one additional print run - the most recent one is labeled as being made in Erlanger instead of Cincinnati.

What I was told by T11 was that this would be a redesign of the old deck.  So on the one hand, anything's possible with the design.  Bot on the other hand, we're also talking about a company that redesigns a box and calls the deck "version 2", so it's also possible that the cards will be exactly the same.