You are Here:
Introduction

Author (Read 61 times)

Introduction
« on: September 26, 2024, 10:35:14 PM »

SRO

• Newcomer
Hello, everyone.  I'm happy to be here. 

I got into playing cards when my wife and I started hosting poker nights with our trivia team.  We wanted to play with some fancy decks, and were shocked at how many incredible decks there are out there.  Seven months and close to 300 decks later, our budget is a little shocked.  We're both huge fans of Kings Wild Project, and I also like Wonder Playing Cards a lot. We are mainly buying decks we like from Kickstarter nowadays, and we are actually looking at some of our earlier purchases and trying to think of a way to unload them, LOL. I have developed a real liking for metal cards and have my first white whale: Minty's Anubis and Osiris metal cards. Not going to be able to afford those until I get that elusive lottery win.

Our first anniversary was back in May, and since that's the paper anniversary, I designed a deck for her based on our wedding and honeymoon, and ordered a few copies from MakePlayingCards. I've had ideas for more decks, but don't have the talent or training to do most of them, at least right now. I'm slowly learning Illustrator and Photoshop, and even more slowly learning how to draw faces and hands. I also picked up The Grammar of Ornament, which is incredibly useful. So I collect, I design a little, and I remain completely helpless and unteachable when it comes to cardistry.

Pretend something profound is here.