You are Here:
[eBay] Amazing deals on ebay

Author (Read 1383 times)

[eBay] Amazing deals on ebay
« on: February 03, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:

Re: [eBay] Amazing deals on ebay
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 07:42:01 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Why are they amazing?? :-\

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Because they are really worth the price!

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 08:10:02 PM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
Thanks for the links

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 09:05:15 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Really hope i have money now ..

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 12:57:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
The1eyedjack sells all six designs in both colors of the Vintage Series decks, but he's charging $80.  Ace-King must be having a sale on them.  At $3 a deck, that's cheaper than Standard Bikes at retail where I live.

The first lot is great if you're starting a collection.  Otherwise, you'll probably have a good percentage of these decks to start with, so the economy of it is lost on the extra decks received that you didn't need.  At some point, the cost of the lot would be more than the cost of the individual decks you needed to fill out your "trophy rack".  But if you are still below that point when all is said and done, yes, it's a good deal.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 02:07:13 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I didn't get it why the auctions were amazing because I don't need most of those decks. They are not rare at all and I can get any of them easily by clicking the links of online auctions/stores here whenever I want. (BTW, A regular bike is about $1.3-1.5 here.)

But Don is right, they are wonderful for people who are starting collections due to the lower average cost per deck and combined shipping.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:10:21 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 01:36:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I didn't get it why the auctions were amazing because I don't need most of those decks. They are not rare at all and I can get any of them easily by clicking the links of online auctions/stores here whenever I want. (BTW, A regular bike is about $1.3-1.5 here.)

But Don is right, they are wonderful for people who are starting collections due to the lower average cost per deck and combined shipping.

If you buy in bulk, some discount stores carry Bikes by the brick for as little as $1.30 a deck, but for a single deck at retail, there are pharmacy chains in my area charging about $4.20 for basic, Standard-issue Bikes...  Kinda sad, really.  There is one decent deal: a four deck set of two Standard red and two Cincinnati black for $12.  Blacks sell at a slight premium online, typically at least $5.

As far as rarity, believe it or not, they are rare - in the sense that they're no longer in production.  Walk into a 7-11 or a chain store and try buying a pack of Vintage series or a Twilight, or a Heritage series #1, or any of the funky colored decks, you're nearly certain to end up S.O.L.  They're not the rarest of the rare, but they're not common by any measure.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 05:48:49 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@Don, they are really not rare at all here in Taiwan. It's interesting, all playing card companies have their official dealers here, every time a new deck releases, few days later we can get it with almost the same price but the shipping fee makes a big difference. The most interesting part is "there are not so many collectors in Taiwan", hence supply is always more than demand. When a deck is OOP and the price increases with time on eBay or other areas in the world, it is still on sale for the original price here. There are too many examples, especially those custom decks such as S&M. Finally they would be sold out, but it takes much longer time than that in other areas.

As for the standard Bikes, there are 6 Costco's here and standard Bikes are really cheap decks. Even lazy people like me can get Bikes from online stores or auctions with the same average price. (In fact, the Ohio made 2006-2008 Bikes are still available here, but they are slightly more expensive of course, about $2 USD)

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 05:56:10 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Standard Bikes for $10 a pack at the General Store. They stock the original Rider Backs for the same price too. Life is good in Vegas. :P
Forum Founder.

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 12:35:36 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I got 4 9-deck bricks of regular bikes awile ago at my Costco during a sale for $8 per brick of 9. That ends up being less than a dollar a deck! But now I have so many bies I dont know what to even do with them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:36:05 AM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 01:23:29 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Standard Bikes for $10 a pack at the General Store. They stock the original Rider Backs for the same price too. Life is good in Vegas. :P

Damn...  And here I thought New York was expensive...

What about elsewhere in Vegas?  Like, say a NORMAL store, such as the corner drug store, the "Kwik-E-Mart", what have you?

I got 4 9-deck bricks of regular bikes awile ago at my Costco during a sale for $8 per brick of 9. That ends up being less than a dollar a deck! But now I have so many bies I dont know what to even do with them.

That's a good price, but saying you got a nine-deck brick is like saying you bought a dozen doughnuts from the bakery and all nine of them were chocolate.  A brick is a dozen decks - twelve.  Nine decks in a box is just nine decks in a box.

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 09:13:43 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
I just purchased an updated version of the first auction NathanCanadas showed (here). The difference is instead of 6 pairs of the vintage designs, it has one of each colour and newer decks like Robocycle, Star, and Steampunk.

I have none of these decks at present, so I think for me this is a good deal. I can understand if you have a few of them or more it would become redundant. It worked out at £2.36 ($3.71) per deck including shipping to UK. Before I bought I started to look around for prices here in the UK. I didn't get through them all, but most were probably around the £4.99 ($7.85) and even if I assume shipping is free (which it often isn't) then it's still a better deal.

Let's just hope custom charges don't bump up the price too much!
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I just purchased an updated version of the first auction NathanCanadas showed (here). The difference is instead of 6 pairs of the vintage designs, it has one of each colour and newer decks like Robocycle, Star, and Steampunk.

I have none of these decks at present, so I think for me this is a good deal. I can understand if you have a few of them or more it would become redundant. It worked out at £2.36 ($3.71) per deck including shipping to UK. Before I bought I started to look around for prices here in the UK. I didn't get through them all, but most were probably around the £4.99 ($7.85) and even if I assume shipping is free (which it often isn't) then it's still a better deal.

Let's just hope custom charges don't bump up the price too much!
I actually own very few of those decks! I'm looking into buying that pack.