You are Here:
Vintage Collection

Author (Read 38973 times)

Re: Vintage Collection
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2012, 05:17:16 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Okay yeah I'd like to get to bottom of that little mystery! It would be ridiculous if they were all red backed cards in different color boxes, but that seems to be the case (pun). Can anybody clear this one up?
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2012, 05:41:53 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I looked everywhere, literally, and I didn't find any details on that. And in all of the pictures I have seen, the decks are red. Sry.

« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I looked everywhere, literally, and I didn't find any details on that. And in all of the pictures I have seen, the decks are red. Sry.

Yeah that was sort of established. Many of us have looked into this deck a great deal, but there really aren't any pictures showing an open black deck or pink deck. I assume from the pictures the cards are from a red deck since the backs are red but it's hard to tell.

Has anybody opened a different color box of these? If somebody has we'll be able to tell if the backs are the same color as the box or not.

« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2012, 05:58:25 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
So I just resealed my vintage decks in cellophane and not only do they look sexier in my collection, but the boxes are now protected. I advise all of you vintage collectors to invest in a resealer. However, if you are selling the deck, point out that it was resealed for protection to avoid people calling you out on scamming. ;)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Hey Alex,
I had two questions regarding the resealer:
1) Does it work as neat as a normal sealed deck?
2) Where did you find yours? (I looked on google but didn't find any promising results).

« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2012, 06:15:30 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Hey Alex,
I had two questions regarding the resealer:
1) Does it work as neat as a normal sealed deck?
2) Where did you find yours? (I looked on google but didn't find any promising results).
I'm about 99% sure they sell them on magicgeek.com

EDIT: Yup. Here ya go. http://www.magicgeek.com/wonder-sealer-2381.html

Here are refills, and at 10 cents each: http://www.magicgeek.com/wonder-sealer-cellophane-refill-2413.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:19:52 PM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2012, 06:24:14 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Thank you, I found it. Here are the links:
1) Deck Seals
http://www.magicgeek.com/deck-seal-2386.html

2) Deck Sealer
http://www.magicgeek.com/wonder-sealer-2381.html

3) Sealer Refills
http://www.magicgeek.com/wonder-sealer-cellophane-refill-2413.html

Wow, I think I should buy one!

« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2012, 06:27:56 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Penguin magic has them for cheaper, and they even drew me a picture of an elephant after I requested it!
Forum Founder.

« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Penguin magic has them for cheaper, and they even drew me a picture of an elephant after I requested it!
I can't find it. Can you send me the link plz?

« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2012, 06:35:27 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Hi Alex, would you mind showing the decks you resealed?

Actually I know the resealer and it is not expensive here (around 500 NTD), I guess it is made in China. One of my friends was very interested in it because he likes to perform memorized stack tricks (both Aronson and Tamariz stack), I don't know if he bought the resealer then. If you may show us some pics of the resealed decks, I will reconsider it if they look good enough. Thank you.

« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
haha Nathan just reposted Loldudex2's links. Alrighty then...  :P

That's looks pretty interesting. It's not as expensive as I would have thought. I might be interested in getting on of those down the line for some of the decks that I have that don't have any protection. Thanks for the info guys!

« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2012, 06:37:09 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
@Nathan, it's pretty easy. Just take some time to do your search. It took me 45 seconds to find it.

Here's the link... http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13576

« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2012, 06:43:05 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
haha Nathan just reposted Loldudex2's links. Alrighty then...  :P

That's looks pretty interesting. It's not as expensive as I would have thought. I might be interested in getting on of those down the line for some of the decks that I have that don't have any protection. Thanks for the info guys!
Hey, actually, I wanted to tell you that Loldudex2 just edited his post but didn't have the links when I posted. You can ask him. And you just posted twice. Thx for the link.

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2012, 01:07:03 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
jmrock, brown_baggs, sxjy0109, nathan, or anyone who's curious about the colors of OF cards : I will open the blue deck today. >:( >:(

« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2012, 05:12:58 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
@Digipunk: I am waiting for my camera to arrive from Amazon (they've messed up my order twice now!) and I will post a video tutorial on how to use the resealer and I'll show off some of the sealed decks I have.

Suffice to say, the decks look like they were factory sealed. The ONLY downside is that the cellophane has a clear tear-away strip as opposed to the vintage red. This makes it look less authentic. However, I rewrapped one of my Jaqk decks from T11 and compared it their wrap-job. Mine was more neat, but the two both look completely new.

It's tricky to use at first though. I wasted about eight pieces of cellophane because of how they're packed (it's hard to tell if you have two pieces or one piece until after you heat it). When I started this morning, it took me about 10-20 minutes to wrap a deck. Now I can do it in about 30 seconds. :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2012, 05:16:38 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
jmrock, brown_baggs, sxjy0109, nathan, or anyone who's curious about the colors of OF cards : I will open the blue deck today. >:( >:(

Yes!! It'll be nice to know the answer to this little mystery. If they are all the same color I plan on only getting two of the reds, but if they are all unique in color I'll get the whole set. A lot is riding on this  ;) I'm guessing they are all different colors.

« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2012, 06:32:43 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Resealing the decks...Hmm.. This would make my (and others') life of collecting harder if we couldn't differentiate between the authentic decks and the resealed ones. Imagine someone played with, say a Garden Set, resealed it and sold it for $350. :S

You really don't have to, if it's just to find out the colour inside. I'm sure we could find someone who has an opened deck. You'd decrease the value of a sealed deck by so much you may regret it. o.O

« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2012, 07:28:20 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Well, for vintage decks the instant giveaway is the tear band, which is usually red or has the brand on it.

For newer decks, it's extremely easy to counterfeit. I resealed that Jaqk deck perfectly. However, ignorance is bliss. I doubt if you got sold a Cage Garden deck you'd open it. It goes along with all the fake Jerry's that are almost identical to the originals. As far as you and everyone else you know is concerned, you have the real thing.

Of course, buying a resealer costs money so I doubt you'll have random kids resealing commonly used decks and selling them. Even the refills cost extra and 10 cents per wrapper doesn't seem like much but when you consider how easy it is to make a mistake...

Anyway, point is, I'm glad I found a way to protect my goodies. :D
Forum Founder.

« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

@sxjy, I got another BLUE FO from a girl seller on Taiwan auctions with sweet price. She bought the deck because the deck is cute and she likes Original Fake clothing, but she is not a playing card collector after all -- when a non-collector owns a deck we want, we crafty SOB card collectors will get it from him/her anyway ???

Here we go, I would like to post the pics this afternoon (10:44pm now), but the forum was down then.

Take a deep breath before you click the link:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Hg3WRL9K1bw/TzYf9dawzSI/AAAAAAAADok/2BG-gYmL43g/s500/03.jpg

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2012, 09:47:48 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Ah you should've sold it to me! Lol
But anyway, I did remember that I was told the decks were the same, and that proves it. ;)

« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2012, 09:52:24 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@alex, the resealer sounds better than I expected. :o

« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2012, 10:16:12 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Ah you should've sold it to me! Lol
But anyway, I did remember that I was told the decks were the same, and that proves it. ;)
Only opening it by myself, can I believe the cards are RED in whole series boxes. I wanted to know the fact too. I ever thought should I told you first, but things happened so suddenly. I simply tested the seller without placing much hope in it...

The deck in the pics was mine, not the one she sold me today. In other words, as soon as she sold me the deck, I took my blue OF (and the balisong) out of the cabinet. Now I hope the condition of her deck is in good shape as she described, or it's me who will cry.

The coatings of the OF is special, in that it makes these decks handled like Aqua to me. I like the feel, particularly when shuffling and cutting the cards on the table I can hear the sound of friction between the cards clearly.

_
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:01:56 AM by digipunk »

« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Digipunk, thanks for doing that for all our curious minds  :P I appreciate it!! That's a let down, them being all the same color. On the bright side I don't feel the need to get the whole set now!

« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2012, 02:28:45 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Although it's disappointing, I can honestly say that I'm glad I do own the entire set... The different colored boxes still make them unique... I feel it still necessary to own the entire set, but that's just me... However again, a little bit of a let down... :-\

« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Although it's disappointing, I can honestly say that I'm glad I do own the entire set... The different colored boxes still make them unique... I feel it still necessary to own the entire set, but that's just me... However again, a little bit of a let down... :-\

Yeah I can totally understand the mindset of collecting the set. I would as well if the set wasn't so expensive. For now I'm just trying to get two of the reds (or a red and a blue). Although I'm sure I'll keep hunting around for bargains and if I can get the whole set piece by piece for cheap I will. If I can't I won't be upset  :)