You are Here:
Fournier 605s

Author (Read 2111 times)

Fournier 605s
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:48:18 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
Hi everyone, just received a email from Lee Asher, he has the Fournier 605 decks back in stock as well as some other decks. Check it out at leeasher.com, for those of you who are interested.

Billy.

Re: Fournier 605s
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 07:07:04 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thanks for letting us know!
Does anyone have the Fournier decks? I've heard mixed opinions about them and I don't own them.... yet.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 07:12:25 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Thanks for letting us know!
Does anyone have the Fournier decks? I've heard mixed opinions about them and I don't own them.... yet.
Most of my friends have these decks. They are... (I don't know how to describe).. everything looks perfect, but I just don't like them.  :-\

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:18:32 PM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
Same. Can anyone who has them give us a review on how they feel? Judging by the heavy price tag, I need to be consider them before getting them. I love the design though! Plus I have to find a reseller in Singapore too.
Check out my channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanDebozioSong?feature=mhee

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 07:23:16 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Same. Can anyone who has them give us a review on how they feel? Judging by the heavy price tag, I need to be consider them before getting them. I love the design though! Plus I have to find a reseller in Singapore too.
There are many Chinese reviews on these decks if you are interested. 'Cause I don't like them, I haven't noticed if there are English reviews (I guess there should be many if you treat Google as a good friend).

_
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:30:27 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 11:00:50 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
They also have up a mixed brick O.o - I might look into getting those.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 04:22:55 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
They're nice cards but I don't think they are worth the price. They have a very classic look but there is nothing extra special about them. I have one deck of them and I'm happy to keep that number at 1. I don't see myself buying anymore of these any time soon.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 11:29:36 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
saw D&D used it on one of their promo videos on a magic trick before, now I know what's the deck. Anyway, I agree with most here that the price tag's a little bit steep for a deck, wish I could get a pair if not for the price and shipping costs... Could be nice to have another deck. The design's nice too, simple and elegant, not too much clutter everywhere.  :)
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 03:11:37 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
They also have up a mixed brick O.o - I might look into getting those.
Its a $100 brick! Thats too expensive for me. Im jealous  :P

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 12:51:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

If you love the design but find the price a little high, there's a deck with the same back pattern.  It's the deck from which this design was based: the Fournier 505 deck.  I believe there's a bit more work in making a 605, but if it's the pretty back you like, the 605s come in red and blue.  Pokerstud52 sells them.

And for eveeryone who said they're too expensive, consider how they're made in the first place.  These cards are individually varnished, rather than getting a coating while still uncut.  They can actually be submerged and washed, when done carefully - something you NEVER consider doing to a USPC deck.  They're also highly moisture- and humidity-resistant, great for hot climates.

Check this out: http://hwcdn.net/u7n2x8t6/cds/605s/condition-cleaning-guide-605s-asher.pdf - it will tell you more about how to properly break in and clean a pack of 605s.

EDIT: meant to say that the 505s come in red and blue, NOT the 605s.  Pokerstud52 sells the 505s, NOT the 605s.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:48:56 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 01:18:54 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Check this out: http://hwcdn.net/u7n2x8t6/cds/605s/condition-cleaning-guide-605s-asher.pdf - it will tell you more about how to properly break in and clean a pack of 605s.

Thanks, I didn't know we could microwave playing cards O.o

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 06:25:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Thanks, I didn't know we could microwave playing cards O.o

Asher says in his ad copy that the deck is meant to last for many months if not years.  Initially they won't handle as well as a USPC deck, but when properly broken in and kept clean, he claims they'll handle better and last much longer.

I don't think I'd do the microwave thing, though.  I can't imagine that Dai Vernon ever nuked a deck of his Tally Hos before a demonstration...

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?

If you love the design but find the price a little high, there's a deck with the same back pattern.  It's the deck from which this design was based: the Fournier 505 deck.  I believe there's a bit more work in making a 605, but if it's the pretty back you like, the 605s come in red and blue.  Pokerstud52 sells them.

And for eveeryone who said they're too expensive, consider how they're made in the first place.  These cards are individually varnished, rather than getting a coating while still uncut.  They can actually be submerged and washed, when done carefully - something you NEVER consider doing to a USPC deck.  They're also highly moisture- and humidity-resistant, great for hot climates.

wow, I didn't know about all those steps!  ???  hmm, a little bit troublesome to do all those but then again, the results might be worth it. Thanks for sharing!  :)  haha, microwaving cards.. who'll be the first to try that?  8)  definitely not me..  :-*

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 11:14:45 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thats a lot of steps...
And dipping it in water? microwaving it?

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Ok. I am convinced. I trust you Don that these cards last a long time. I am buying them.

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 02:43:18 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah Lee Asher makes quality cards!! They're are known to last a long time and retain their quality with the right care. I think they are worth the price in that regard.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 09:24:16 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
Hmm, I considering whether to get them solely for the design or going through the steps to make it a 'wonderful' deck with a classic design, but then again, that needs time..  :-\

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 11:48:51 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
First of all, you can buy Fournier 505s on ebay for about 5$ a set of both colors. I heard they are almost as good as 605s but much cheaper.
Secondly, I bought one pack of each color and will be reviewing them for you guyz soon!

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 02:28:15 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
First of all, you can buy Fournier 505s on ebay for about 5$ a set of both colors. I heard they are almost as good as 605s but much cheaper.
Secondly, I bought one pack of each color and will be reviewing them for you guyz soon!

Awesome, Ill have to check those out! Thanks for info and I look forward to seeing your review on them. I don't know much about the 505s so hopefully itll clue me in on these  :P

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 02:45:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

The 505s are nothing like the 605s.  Same back design but in red and blue, same faces - but that's all they have in common.  505s are a cheap deck, Fournier's equivalent of Standard Bicycles.  They sell for a lot less for a reason.

The 605s are certified by Lloyd's of London as far as precision manufacturing and are made to a much higher standard than practically any new deck on the market today.