You are Here:
magic con v2 confirmed

Author (Read 44695 times)

Re: magic con v2 confirmed
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2012, 11:29:15 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Maybe I should buy it now just to be safe....
So you passed on the 10$ sale and now, a couple minutes later you are willing to buy it for 50$+ ? I thought you were reasonable... :P

« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2012, 11:31:36 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
They sold out fast as hell. I see these going right up in value with their older brother.

It's likely. Someone has already listed one on ebay....... http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=320887390088
I guess he thinks these will be worth more than the V1's.... does that make sense?

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2012, 11:33:38 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
It's only a convention deck!  There are hundreds of conventions every year, many with their own deck.  The deck producers are laughing at you this very minute.

Which convention decks are there as I must have missed them? Was the vision deck one?
UC

« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2012, 11:36:07 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
So you passed on the 10$ sale and now, a couple minutes later you are willing to buy it for 50$+ ? I thought you were reasonable... :P

sarcasm (ˈsɑːkæzəm)
n
mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult

lol
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2012, 11:50:17 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

sarcasm (ˈsɑːkæzəm)
n
mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult

lol
irony 1 |ˈīrənē; ˈiərnē| noun ( pl. -nies) the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect

LOL
That's more like it. :D My comment was meant as a joke rather than a mockery.

« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2012, 11:51:49 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Attention all who are looking for the Magic-Con deck:

To see how much these cards are really worth, I've put up an auction for one of my two decks on Ebay with a starting price of exactly how it would sold. I didn't want to have you guys waste money buying something that's $50, so I'd figure that I'd start off small. All details are explained in my listing below. If you have any questions, please contact me on Ebay. Thanks & Have Fun!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120895225468?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_680wt_1185
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:52:57 PM by KPopFever605 »
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2012, 11:57:22 PM »

Gareth

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Kickstarter:
Anyone else think it's funny how the decks sold out a half hour before the scheduled release?  :P
Ummm....... no.

Here I was just before 10am, ready to go (for 11am), but checking D&D's site a bit, when the post arrived - and the Manas, Blood Edition Blades and Pro-Cardistry decks caught my attention for a few minutes (Ok, around 40...), and then they're sold out...  :(

« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2012, 12:03:41 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
How did the decks sell out before the release?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2012, 12:07:01 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I think the targeted released time was 8pm PDT, and for some reason the deck was on sale at 7pm instead.

« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2012, 12:56:16 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
I think the targeted released time was 8pm PDT, and for some reason the deck was on sale at 7pm instead.

no their tweet said 7pm PST. im a tad bummed to see they sold out so fast cause i was working, but o well i guess.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2012, 01:02:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I would appreciate it if this stopped right now, and Don, please just ignore it, there is no sense in going back and forth with this kind of banter, it would do nothing except harm the Discourse community.

I gave it all the attention it deserved.

It's nuts that this deck sold out before it was even supposed to be for sale.  It's a nice deck, but I'm not jumping through those kinds of hoops for any deck.  I've have preferred a little more originality, though.  The color is nice, but the one way back reminded me of the Bicycle Star, and the borderless courts are Bicycle courts done Artifice-style.  Would I have gotten them cheap on the initial release?  Perhaps.  Would I buy them now?  Not at aftermarket prices, no.  I'd consider trading, but I wouldn't be actively seeking them out.

D&D has done it again.

no their tweet said 7pm PST. im a tad bummed to see they sold out so fast cause i was working, but o well i guess.

7pm PST IS 8pm PDT!  Standard Time ended already, people!

It's no wonder why they went on sale "early" - no one knows when they were supposed to go on sale in the first place!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2012, 01:49:32 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Well, maybe they will put one out next year ;) But I am acctually ssaving up my money to go to Magic-Con in 2013. My mom said if I pay my Plane Ticket and my Magic-Con fee she will take me down to the conference.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2012, 02:43:10 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
As with last year, attendees of Magic-Con were given a deck at registration.  It's a cool deck, with a more 'funky' style than the deck from last year.  Not sure how I feel about the pink on the hearts/diamonds, but I do like the large court cards.

Most interesting thing I noticed - This deck only has 54 cards.  The 52 regular cards, plus 2 ad/promo cards.  No jokers.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2012, 04:03:04 AM »

Playingcardz

Those sold out before the time I wrote down for the release, woke up in the middle of the night for nothing ...

If someone want to get rid of 1 or 2 extra deck he ordered, please pm me your offer :)
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code DISCOURSE
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order  is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!

« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2012, 04:19:35 AM »

vmagic

I don't recall last years deck having any jokers either, so nothing new there.

« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2012, 06:14:45 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Hundreds of conventions with their own decks? Do have names of these conventions and thief decks? Or perhaps pictures? I would start collecting convention decks.

I would also suggest to buy them now, because I think that $50+ is going to be a realistic number here.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2012, 07:08:20 AM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Yup, just looked at ebay this A.M. These decks are already being sold at $40 U.S. I hate to say it but I did consider buying a brick or two for resale. I have never done that. In the end, I ended up with what I usually get, 4-6  for my collection. I am not against anyone making a buck it is just that the resellers sometimes annoy me with there prices but supply and demand as we say. I will be looking forward to these puppies arriving at my door. :D

« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2012, 07:27:43 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I typically resell with the purpose of funding my collection. I did the same here, I am not selling yet though...these prices need to even out because people are going nuts right now.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2012, 08:53:29 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
the way the price is increasing is super crazy .. i was having school at that time if not i will defintely buy the deck .. i hope that dan and dave will mange to find another stock at their ware house  ;D

« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Last night, the Magic-Con 2012 Edition Playing Cards SOLD OUT in a matter of minutes. Thank you!

For those of you who missed the release, don't be upset as you you will have a second chance to obtain these commemorative playing cards later this week.

We will post the next and final release window right here on our Facebook page shortly.

Sad for those who bought from ebay at insane prices. RESELLERS HOLD BACK YOUR STOCKS!

« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Lol, that is humorous. Thus my holding back to begin with. More decks are going to be released but in the long run it won't affect the resell price. Glad they are releasing more though
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2012, 11:08:13 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
U beat me to that. Hold your horses people. But they might not be sold at 7.95
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:08:55 AM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Last night, the Magic-Con 2012 Edition Playing Cards SOLD OUT in a matter of minutes. Thank you!

For those of you who missed the release, don't be upset as you you will have a second chance to obtain these commemorative playing cards later this week.

We will post the next and final release window right here on our Facebook page shortly.

Sad for those who bought from ebay at insane prices. RESELLERS HOLD BACK YOUR STOCKS!
Don't they always do that?

« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2012, 11:18:58 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I didn't even consider them raising the prices...and it will probably be only a couple hundred decks.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2012, 11:20:15 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran

Don't they always do that?
They always do.