• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I think I might try this when Tendril hits my store:

- LIMITED, get them now or they will be gone forever!!!!!!
week later
- OH WAIT I found some in the back room!! Get this final final limited batch!!
time passes
- Well wouldn't you know it!!?? I found some more in my sock drawer!! Get them now!

By step three I can sell them for $89.95 a piece!
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

Re: magic con v2 confirmed
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2012, 12:46:03 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I think I might try this when Tendril hits my store:

- LIMITED, get them now or they will be gone forever!!!!!!
week later
- OH WAIT I found some in the back room!! Get this final final limited batch!!
time passes
- Well wouldn't you know it!!?? I found some more in my sock drawer!! Get them now!

By step three I can sell them for $89.95 a piece!

Sounds like an amazing idea!

But in all seriousness, Dan and Dave have done this before.

The V6 was launched, and sold out.. then a week or 2 later.. "We were cleaning out some space and to our surprise came across a few more bricks of V6s"
They put them up for sale... 1600 more decks!!!!  A few more bricks??!!  It was over 100 more bricks!!

Total BS.  I would imagine what they are doing this time is liquidating the decks that we're not used at Magic-Con.
But you never know with these guys.

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2012, 01:09:20 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Eh, it is a marketing method. There are many of them. But think about it this way...is it failing? No. Every V6 sold and so will these. If it isn't broke, why fix it? I would make as much money as I could as well. In all honesty, who wouldn't? Let's not try to play liked are mother Theresa and claim "I would never do that"...yes you would
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Eh, it is a marketing method. There are many of them. But think about it this way...is it failing? No. Every V6 sold and so will these. If it isn't broke, why fix it? I would make as much money as I could as well. In all honesty, who wouldn't? Let's not try to play liked are mother Theresa and claim "I would never do that"...yes you would
Did Lance Miller, CCC, Alex, or Paul do that? No. Will they? I doubt it. Are the Bucks more famous than them and have they release more products than them? Yes. Then why are they marketing in such an unfair way? Because they want to make more money.

« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2012, 01:53:08 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Did I mention other people's marketing? Or did I say it was a marketing method that is working? Different people handle themselves differently. Some people accept that no matter how much they bitch it won't change anything and they buy what they really want. Others bitch constantly under the impression that something will be handed to them if the bitch enough. So, example aside, it is working and will not change. Either buy them or don't your actions will not affect what they do.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2012, 09:23:18 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
I understand what everyone is saying, both sides. It is the twins business so they make the call. I just find it a bit annoying that they would state "these cards will be availible for 36hrs only or until supplies run out. I do find that to be a somewhat lame marketing scheme. I did see many people were upset they did not have the opportunity to purchase a few decks which will give them the opportunity to get them at a decent price but in my opinion, this way of doing business is a bit misleading. As a matter of a fact I am a bit mad and DandD for this ploy but since holding anger against an entity that does not know I exist, other than my credit card # I guess I should let go of this resentment. I thought it was cool they would do such a limited release and had they left it at that, in my opinion, it would have been a positive deck. I hope not to many people dropped the big bucks on ebay.

« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2012, 10:25:17 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I'm with you, Egg. I am glad others will be able to get the deck, but I am a bit disappointed they are doing it, all the same. It would have been a truly limited deck if they had left it alone.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2012, 03:31:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Last night, the Magic-Con 2012 Edition Playing Cards SOLD OUT in a matter of minutes. Thank you!

For those of you who missed the release, don't be upset as you you will have a second chance to obtain these commemorative playing cards later this week.

We will post the next and final release window right here on our Facebook page shortly.

Sad for those who bought from ebay at insane prices. RESELLERS HOLD BACK YOUR STOCKS!

The market is always volatile when a new release comes out.  It's not the resellers that need to worry, it's the buyers who are paying now instead of waiting!  But hey, some people don't mind this sort of thing.  I'm already working on a possible trade to get this deck - but I wouldn't pay cash for it now.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2012, 01:59:15 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
I was searching around this thing we call the www. and at one site that is devoted to DandD products a couple people wrote prior to the original magic con release that "the understanding is that these decks will be released in two batches" not including the convention itself. If that info was made widely availible I would have no issue with the way DandD handled this magic conV2 thing. Sense it was not and they released it as a 36hr. or until supplies run out ad copy I find that wrong. Sorry to keep going on about this but it bothers me. Someone prior mentioned the lack of transparency at DandD regarding the # of decks. I think that is an excellent point. When fantastique came out all they would say is "less of these were made than SMv6. I figure if I was actually mad enough I could stop buying DandD products but since my OCD with playing cards is an untreated mental illness, I will probably be back again for the next one.

« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Well, good news for those who missed the previous launch (including me).

From one of the post on D & D's fb page:

Tomorrow at 4pm will be you second and final chance to obtain a deck of Magic-Con 2012 playing cards. Less then 500 decks will be available.

a few comments below a guy asked whether it will be sold at the same price, and the response was...: Yes, same price.

So yeap. now i wonder what time zone 4pm is at tomorrow..

« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »

anhedonia

4pm Pacific Std Time

« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2012, 06:33:12 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
They say 4, so I would be on at 3 PST or PDT or whatever it is
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2012, 01:46:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
4pm Pacific Std Time

HOLY FRAK!  People!

Under current US law, Standard Time ends and Daylight Saving Time begins at 2am on the second Sunday in March except in the two places that don't observe Daylight Saving Time - Hawaii and Arizona (expect for Navajo Nation lands in Arizona, which observe DST).  DST ends and Standard Time begins again at 2am on the first Sunday of November.  Hawaii is in the Hawaii-Aleutian Time Zone, and Arizona is in the Mountain Time Zone.

In other words...
THERE IS NO "4PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME" OR "4PM PST" THIS SUNDAY.

There will not be a "4pm Pacific Standard Time" in the US until 4pm on Sunday, November 4, 2012!

"Sunday at 4pm Pacific Time" will suffice.  "Sunday at 4pm Pacific Daylight Time" is the more accurate statement.  And the easiest statement for people who don't follow American conventions for summer/daylight saving time would be "Sunday 23:00 Universal Coordinated Time (UTC)," also known as "Sunday at 11pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)."

So, to really cut to the chase here:

The Magic-Con v2 deck will be available at 23:00 UTC, 7pm Eastern Daylight Time and 4pm Pacific Daylight Time TODAY, Sunday, April 15th!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 01:49:09 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2012, 01:52:56 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
so yea this a marketing scam IMO. lie of how many you have and then jack up price with more. I say have a set amount and sell them at the same time.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2012, 02:48:32 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
4pm Pacific Std Time

HOLY FRAK!  People!

Under current US law, Standard Time ends and Daylight Saving Time begins at 2am on the second Sunday in March except in the two places that don't observe Daylight Saving Time - Hawaii and Arizona (expect for Navajo Nation lands in Arizona, which observe DST).  DST ends and Standard Time begins again at 2am on the first Sunday of November.  Hawaii is in the Hawaii-Aleutian Time Zone, and Arizona is in the Mountain Time Zone.

In other words...
THERE IS NO "4PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME" OR "4PM PST" THIS SUNDAY.

There will not be a "4pm Pacific Standard Time" in the US until 4pm on Sunday, November 4, 2012!

"Sunday at 4pm Pacific Time" will suffice.  "Sunday at 4pm Pacific Daylight Time" is the more accurate statement.  And the easiest statement for people who don't follow American conventions for summer/daylight saving time would be "Sunday 23:00 Universal Coordinated Time (UTC)," also known as "Sunday at 11pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)."

So, to really cut to the chase here:
The Magic-Con v2 deck will be available at 23:00 UTC, 7pm Eastern Daylight Time and 4pm Pacific Daylight Time TODAY, Sunday, April 15th!

Dan and dave tweeted 4pm PST in reply to wilko.

« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2012, 03:29:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Dan and dave tweeted 4pm PST in reply to wilko.

I'm copying this from their Facebook post:

"Tomorrow at 4pm will be you second and final chance to obtain a deck of Magic-Con 2012 playing cards. Less then 500 decks will be available."

They don't typically use the time zone indicators - they assume people realize they're in California and act accordingly.

Now, to be fair, I did look at their Twitter feed on their home page and sure enough, they wrote "PST" in response to Wilko.  But that doesn't change the fact that PST has been over for about five weeks.

I made the fuss I made because people are not simply getting it mixed up, but they're confusing other people who aren't as familiar with the US conventions for handling "summer time", as much of the rest of the world calls it.  Making it worse is that the US makes the change on a schedule that's different than pretty much everywhere else (unless Canada and Mexico opted to join our insanity).  We have people in Asia, Australia, Europe and wherever else all wanting a piece of the action and all having mixed signals about when they need to jump in with their credit cards at the ready.

That, and I was getting a little exasperated at seeing the same time errors repeated over and over in topic after topic.

So for that, forgive me, if you would.  I'm trying to HELP people know when to buy instead of making them guess.

« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2012, 03:46:09 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
so how many hours from now until there released ?

« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2012, 04:01:29 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran

I think 15 hours from know, so UK time is, 12am, midnight.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:02:35 AM by VortexHead »
UC

« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2012, 04:44:41 AM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
For anyone who hasn't got a chance to buy one of these. I suggest showing up at least 15-30 minutes before release. You never know with DandD! I believe it was the last tungstene deck release you could search the site and find the deck at least an hour before the official release time.  I haven't heard anyone else mention this but I know I added my Magic Con's to my shopping cart at least 2 minutes before the countdown timer ended.  In other words....IMO if you show up right at the official release time don't be suprised if you don't get a chance to buy one of these! Its like Black Friday in the US....if you show up at BestBuy when the doors are gonna open at 5AM your gonna be waiting in a line 5 miles long! 

« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2012, 06:27:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I think 15 hours from know, so UK time is, 12am, midnight.

You're on Summer Time now, so yes, midnight tonight is your release time, though Munro159's advice about getting there early is very sound.  I'd recommend an hour early.

The release time is SCHEDULED to be:
1pm Sunday, Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HAST) (only in Hawaii)
3pm Sunday, Alaska Daylight Time (AKDT)
4pm Sunday, Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) and Mountain Standard Time (MST) (only in Arizona)
5pm Sunday, Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)
6pm Sunday, Central Daylight Time (CDT)
7pm Sunday, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) in North America
11pm Sunday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
12am Monday, British Summer Time (BST)
1am Monday, Central European Summer Time (CEST)
7am Monday, Philippine Time (PHT), Singapore Time (SGT), Hong Kong Time (HKT) and China Standard Time (CST)
8am Monday, Japan Standard Time (JST) and Korea Standard Time (KST)
9am Monday, Eastern Standard Time (EST) in Australia

Forgive me if I've left out your time zone, as this exercise is getting a little boring...and I want to play solitaire!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:31:09 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2012, 07:05:49 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i love you don !!! but dam 7am i am going to be late for school if i purchase the deck

« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2012, 07:16:40 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Late? I think you should be suck that day...secure your decks :t11:
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2012, 08:03:52 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
i love you don !!! but dam 7am i am going to be late for school if i purchase the deck

LOL, I traded my phone with my moms for a day so that i have data plan and could buy using her phone on my way to school.

« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2012, 10:58:40 AM »

eggman

• Elite Member

LOL, I traded my phone with my moms for a day so that i have data plan and could buy using her phone on my way to school.
  Dude, your post made me feel very old.

« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2012, 12:29:52 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
At what time does school start for you? Mine starts at 8:05. Even with 45 minutes of commute to get there I would have just enough time to pick this deck up (although I do not wish to do so).