You are Here:
magic con v2 confirmed

Author (Read 44650 times)

Re: magic con v2 confirmed
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
i love you don !!! but dam 7am i am going to be late for school if i purchase the deck
At what time does school start for you? Mine starts at 8:05. Even with 45 minutes of commute to get there I would have just enough time to pick this deck up (although I do not wish to do so).
In singapore school starts officially at 7:15-7:45 depending which school you are in. If we are late we go for detentions(not cool)

« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
i love you don !!! but dam 7am i am going to be late for school if i purchase the deck
At what time does school start for you? Mine starts at 8:05. Even with 45 minutes of commute to get there I would have just enough time to pick this deck up (although I do not wish to do so).
In singapore school starts officially at 7:15-7:45 depending which school you are in. If we are late we go for detentions(not cool)
That's an early starting time! Oh, detentions... I stopped caring about those back in middle school. :P I have a friend of mine who got 750 detentions in the year. Yup, you read that right, 3 times more detentions than school days... He got some every day for coming late to school, not doing his homework, being rude to the teachers etc. I haven't gotten nearly that many though.

« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
That's an early starting time! Oh, detentions... I stopped caring about those back in middle school. :P I have a friend of mine who got 750 detentions in the year. Yup, you read that right, 3 times more detentions than school days... He got some every day for coming late to school, not doing his homework, being rude to the teachers etc. I haven't gotten nearly that many though.
Oh well yea, I lived with it for 2 and a half year. 750 detentions? In my school 4 detentions you get warning letters to the parents, 5 detentions you get suspended, Anymore higher I think it's expel.

« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Oh well yea, I lived with it for 2 and a half year. 750 detentions? In my school 4 detentions you get warning letters to the parents, 5 detentions you get suspended, Anymore higher I think it's expel.
Well in our school detentions are punishments, but not the most severe you can get. You can get a couple thousand without getting expelled. His parents got contacted many times, but nothing changed. In our school if you do something much worse (i.e. hit the teacher) you get a referall and you are suspended/expelled depending on how many you get and how bad you acted.
Let's get back on track!

« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2012, 06:39:35 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
anybody else camping their site hard just in case the release is put up early?
have you heard the word???

« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2012, 06:41:32 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Magic-Con V2 .... to .... school detention? I am sure there is a better thread to discuss detention. 8)
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2012, 06:46:19 PM »

Dudeee

• True Member
Well, it's not early this thine I guess.

« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
9 more minutes for those of you who weren't sure!

Who is buying them now?

« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2012, 06:52:48 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
i will attempt to purchase a brick... but who knows what's gonna happen

« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2012, 06:53:48 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
I'm hoping to get some  ;D

« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2012, 06:57:40 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I'm hoping to grab some too.
- Adam

« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
SOLD OUT IN 1 MINUTE!!?!?
Now thats crazy...

« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
thats some bullshit. literally hit 12 and paid within the the first minute and it sold out

« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2012, 07:03:43 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Lightning fast...1 minute..maybe less. That's what I like to see. That is badass!!! :t11:
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2012, 07:03:58 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
I agree!! and I was on the page! damn... someone must have grabbed a couple bricks for resale...

« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2012, 07:06:35 PM »

anhedonia

How many were available?

(I'm with those that say there's more - probably end up in the next Variety Box.)

« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2012, 07:09:12 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Think the Bucks said 500.

« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2012, 07:09:43 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
That was absolutely ridiculous.

I've never seen such a stupid business model in my entire life, built on insuring the disappointment of their own customers.

I had a brick in my cart, got to checkout, was told that amount wasn't available, then reduced it to six only to be told that it was sold out.

Dan and Dave Buck can kiss my hairy ass in Macy's window - I'll pick one facing Broadway.  One cheek for each.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:12:15 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
Damn I was so close :( Thats got to be some kind of record sell-out.

« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2012, 07:11:50 PM »

walther

thats some bullshit. literally hit 12 and paid within the the first minute and it sold out

I agree same thing happened to me. By the time I got through the 5 pages of order details it said too bad we're sold out. What kind of crappy checkout system are they using that doesn't track the actual inventory. I sent an email to them complaining, like that's going to do anything.

« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
I think one or more reseller bought the whole stock in single shot !!!

« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
That was absolutely ridiculous.

I've never seen such a stupid business model in my entire life, built on insuring the disappointment of their own customers.

I had a brick in my cart, got to checkout, was told that amount wasn't available, then reduced it to six only to be told that it was sold out.

Dan and Dave Buck can kiss my hairy ass in Macy's window - I'll pick one facing Broadway.  One cheek for each.

Same here, selected 12, then reduce it to 6 as well. what's worse is I already signed in and was constantly refreshing the page a couple of minutes before, anticipating a quick sell out. Clicked add to cart when they became available but before I can pay, it was sold out. Nonsense. I going to Boycott D&D entirely, good luck convincing me to get S&M v7 in the future.

« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »

Mago

lol that's why i keep saying we shouldn't buy from resellers with ridiculous price.  So this wont happened these cards are ugly ppl who didn't get them didn't feel srry. Is just a deck with a star and mix combination of colors. Save your money for the seasons playing cards and the tendril if you didnt get them. The twins are full of s****
"A deck of cards is  like a bottle of wine the older the better"!!!!

« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Way to look out for your fans... SMH...

« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I think there should have been a limit, but really we all know 500 decks is going to go fast.
Especially with the demand of this deck.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8