max

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
I want it printed as BICYCLE

Re: NEW DECK-The Grid
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Actually I just spoke with the company. Apparently uspcc ignored there emails and never responded back. This is the reason they picked the other company. Uspcc just contacted them back today so hopefully everything works out. The company does indeed want to print with uspcc so lets hope that happens!

This is how USPCC gets a bad rap. CBJ wrote on Unitedcardists:

"They were originally intending to be, however we had some issues during its development phase so we ending up going with a local printing company in New Jersey without losing the quality we are looking for."

Apparently that is what they told him. Now they told you a different story. The bottom line is either they never contacted USPCC until people started asking about the quality of the decks or they did not want to spend that kind of money. I just wish people would be more open and honest instead of blaming someone who isn't here to defend themselves.

However, I would like to give them KUDOS for actually listening to their customers and trying to accommodate their requests. It does show they are a company, who may not understand the industry at this moment, but is willing to learn and get it right. I think this deck would be an excellent addition to anyone's collection if USPCC printed it.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:45:34 PM by bmpokerworld »

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 04:01:37 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Hello everybody. I'm the designer at 4PM DESIGNS and wanted to drop by and thank everyone for their support of our deck THE GRID.

There's been a lot of talk about the printing of the deck and the why and why nots. Hopefully I can clear things up. This being our first deck we originally designed the decks with the USPCC in mind throughout its development. Which is why there are still lingerings of that design in its current form. However, we ended up losing contact with the USPCC for one reason or another. We began looking for another suitable printer who can deliver our deck in the time span we were looking for since we hadn't heard back from USPCC for well over a week. Could of been a mix up or server problems, but we couldn't continue waiting with no reply. This wasn't a decision of one company over another, it was simply a timing issue. It had nothing to do with pricing.

Ironically enough, the same day we launched our kickstarter we ended up receiving an email from the USPCC about the deck. That, along with the huge response to printing, lead us to immediately start working with the USPCC again and we are now waiting on proofs of the deck. However, since we just launched the site with the previous printing prices in mind, we updated the site to let everyone know if we can reach a goal of $10,000 we can go forward with the USPCC. Going through the USPCC does indeed cost us a little more and we are expecting less of a pay back but we'd rather release a quality product that'll make our customers happy. We definately believe in quality over quantity and we hope everyone will enjoy this deck. Your voices are being heard.

Thank you all for your continued support!
Creator of Legacy, The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards. CEO of 4PM DESIGNS.

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2012, 04:04:58 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Welcome to the discourse!
Thank you for clearing all of that up. I definitely think that this deck will reach the $5000 goal and I'm really hoping the $10,000 goal too. The deck looks awesome and I find that X card very interesting. Good luck with the kickstarter!

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Hello everybody. I'm the designer at 4PM DESIGNS and wanted to drop by and thank everyone for their support of our deck THE GRID.

There's been a lot of talk about the printing of the deck and the why and why nots. Hopefully I can clear things up. This being our first deck we originally designed the decks with the USPCC in mind throughout its development. Which is why there are still lingerings of that design in its current form. However, we ended up losing contact with the USPCC for one reason or another. We began looking for another suitable printer who can deliver our deck in the time span we were looking for since we hadn't heard back from USPCC for well over a week. Could of been a mix up or server problems, but we couldn't continue waiting with no reply. This wasn't a decision of one company over another, it was simply a timing issue. It had nothing to do with pricing.

Ironically enough, the same day we launched our kickstarter we ended up receiving an email from the USPCC about the deck. That, along with the huge response to printing, lead us to immediately start working with the USPCC again and we are now waiting on proofs of the deck. However, since we just launched the site with the previous printing prices in mind, we updated the site to let everyone know if we can reach a goal of $10,000 we can go forward with the USPCC. Going through the USPCC does indeed cost us a little more and we are expecting less of a pay back but we'd rather release a quality product that'll make our customers happy. We definately believe in quality over quantity and we hope everyone will enjoy this deck. Your voices are being heard.

Welcome!!!

I'm glad you took my advice to stop by.

So you're getting proofs made at USPCC, even though you might not use them if you don't reach the goal??

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Welcome!!!

I'm glad you took my advice to stop by.

So you're getting proofs made at USPCC, even though you might not use them if you don't reach the goal??

CBJ

Right now we're awaiting a digital proof to make sure everything is up to par. Then we're gonna take it from there. If everything continues at the rate it is now, Im more than sure we're going with USPCC so it's best to get things prepared now so they can go into print immediately after the campaign ends.

Time will tell
Creator of Legacy, The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards. CEO of 4PM DESIGNS.

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 06:25:11 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I'm glad you decided to go with USPCC. I really like your deck and it would have been a shame for it not to be USPCC. Best of luck. And thanks for joining the forums!

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 08:15:26 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
4pm, welcome to the Discourse.

I'm glad to hear that you're aiming for USPC to put this deck together.  Now, if you do, will you be going for a "branded" deck - "Bicycle Grid", or something to that effect?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 10:52:29 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Whats that? A new Eco Card Clip?

The clips are available on THE GRID kickstarter campaign.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/4pm/the-grid-a-playing-card-deck-by-4pm-designs?ref=live

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:46:50 AM by Evan »

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 12:41:05 AM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

I'm glad to hear that you're aiming for USPC to put this deck together.  Now, if you do, will you be going for a "branded" deck - "Bicycle Grid", or something to that effect?

We will more than likely go with our original tuck cover design which has the bicycle title in the font and style of where THE GRID title stands. With THE GRID title being listed just above "playing cards" in place of the title "poker"

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 12:47:36 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

The clips will be available on THE GRID kickstarter campain within the next day.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/4pm/the-grid-a-playing-card-deck-by-4pm-designs?ref=live
I am very excited for this clip. I'm wondering though if it is possible for it to actually look in real life the way it is on the computer. This may be an issue for you guys to deal with.

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2012, 12:56:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Looks like Robert Butler didn't waste any time getting a clip made up!  :))

We will more than likely go with our original tuck cover design which has the bicycle title in the font and style of where THE GRID title stands. With THE GRID title being listed just above "playing cards" in place of the title "poker"

I had a hunch - you're going for the classic Rider Back tuck box layout.  Sweet.

I am very excited for this clip. I'm wondering though if it is possible for it to actually look in real life the way it is on the computer. This may be an issue for you guys to deal with.

Is that your years of extensive design experience talking?  :))

There's no reason why it shouldn't look almost exactly the same in person as it does on that representation.  The clips are out of the prototype stage and there's nothing there that couldn't be replicated that stands out to me.

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2012, 12:58:46 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

The clips will be available on THE GRID kickstarter campain within the next day.
The Eco Clip Prototypes with the words on front were done very well and shows that more designs and words can be done.

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2012, 01:11:49 AM »

rainking187

• True Member
I decided to back this one after all when I saw it would almost certainly be printed by the USPCC, and I've already increased my pledge to get a black eco clip.

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2012, 01:19:54 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Backed this one as well, it doesn't hurt to have another cool black deck in my collection. :)  anyway, it's already over 80% funded with 97 backers, I can definitely see this one going somewhere.

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2012, 01:23:26 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Evan and Don, all I was asking was whether the ink would be able to get printed on a clip just the way it looks on the computer. I wasn't criticizing anything.

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2012, 04:03:24 AM »

rainking187

• True Member
If anyone wants an easily affordable black eco clip you may want to pledge for it soon, a third of the black clips at the $43 level are already taken, and the next cheapest level that includes a black clip is the $175 level.

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2012, 04:49:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I was tempted to pledge for one of the clips, but I already own two Eco Clip designs with two more on the way.  I pledged for three decks instead.  A man only needs so many clips, right?  Between the Ecos and my steel clips (E, Porper, Kok) I have a total now of I think eight clips.  (If you have so many you can even recall exactly how many you have, it's time to slow down!)

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2012, 06:39:45 AM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

Hi,
I did not see any uncut sheet option on the pledge, will you also sell the uncut sheet for The Grid ?
I only saw 56 Card Poster reward for 730USD tier and 1050USD tier.
THanks

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2012, 12:28:28 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Congrats on funding this project and so fast! With 54 days left, this will surely reach $10,000 and be printed by the USPCC.

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2012, 02:00:09 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
(If you have so many you can even recall exactly how many you have, it's time to slow down!)
Oh Don
I have to respectfully disagree.  If you can't remember how many clips you have, it's time to speed up and document

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
(If you have so many you can even recall exactly how many you have, it's time to slow down!)
Oh Don
I have to respectfully disagree.  If you can't remember how many clips you have, it's time to speed up and document

(Not if you don't want your fiancee to leave you because you couldn't afford the honeymoon trip...)

Anyone else get the cool black or natural Eco Clips for this deck?  They really do look great in the mockups.

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 09:15:57 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
This is a very cool looking deck and I will probably back it, but seeing that the funding ends on June 22 and not shipped till November, I'll wait and put my funds into the Seasons decks for now. So many great new decks coming out and so little cash. ;D

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2012, 11:33:24 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
Only three black eco clips left at the $43 level.

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 01:04:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This is a very cool looking deck and I will probably back it, but seeing that the funding ends on June 22 and not shipped till November, I'll wait and put my funds into the Seasons decks for now. So many great new decks coming out and so little cash. ;D

Remember a few things:

While it's pretty safe at this point to say this deck's going to reach its goal and perhaps the overfund goal as well, always get in on the "backer level" when you can.  The rewards are usually less expensive than when they're offered for sale at retail.  Furthermore, a project that's "on the brink" might not make it without strong backer support - just read my weekly report pinned at the top of the Design/Dev board on Kickstarter decks.

And perhaps you weren't aware or simply forgot, but funding the project now doesn't cost you a penny NOW.  You don't get charged until some point within two weeks after the end of the project, usually within about 48 hours or so.  If you pledge now, next week, late May, or an hour before the project closes, you're still not actually paying until sometime after the closing time.  Pledging now, though, allows your pledge to help the project build more momentum - people love backing a project they know is getting made, and your pledge helps them reach that point (or if it's already there, helps it reach any overfunding goals the project's artist lays out for his supporters).