NEW DECK-The Grid

Author (Read 12370 times)

Re: NEW DECK-The Grid
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2012, 01:14:05 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I am on the edge of what to do with this deck. My one option is pledge for 2 and get them in November, or I can go buy 2 Revision 1's. I am having a hard time deciding. :-\
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2012, 01:31:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I am on the edge of what to do with this deck. My one option is pledge for 2 and get them in November, or I can go buy 2 Revision 1's. I am having a hard time deciding. :-\

I don't envy you that decision.  I own the Revision 1 AND I sponsored this deck.  I'd have a hard time choosing.  I like the Revision 1 and the design is very unique, but this really appeals to the sci-fi geek in me!

Wish I could be of more help. :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2012, 05:46:32 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
This is a very cool looking deck and I will probably back it, but seeing that the funding ends on June 22 and not shipped till November, I'll wait and put my funds into the Seasons decks for now. So many great new decks coming out and so little cash. ;D

Remember a few things:

While it's pretty safe at this point to say this deck's going to reach its goal and perhaps the overfund goal as well, always get in on the "backer level" when you can.  The rewards are usually less expensive than when they're offered for sale at retail.  Furthermore, a project that's "on the brink" might not make it without strong backer support - just read my weekly report pinned at the top of the Design/Dev board on Kickstarter decks.

And perhaps you weren't aware or simply forgot, but funding the project now doesn't cost you a penny NOW.  You don't get charged until some point within two weeks after the end of the project, usually within about 48 hours or so.  If you pledge now, next week, late May, or an hour before the project closes, you're still not actually paying until sometime after the closing time.  Pledging now, though, allows your pledge to help the project build more momentum - people love backing a project they know is getting made, and your pledge helps them reach that point (or if it's already there, helps it reach any overfunding goals the project's artist lays out for his supporters).

Your right Don, thanks for pointing out the payment charge. I had forgotten about being charged at a later date on kickstarter projects ( my bad ). I've backed other decks on kickstarter and haven't received any in such a long time, I guess I lost track of the hole process. Now time to go back the Grid deck.

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »

rainking187

• True Member
They added some more black eco clips at a $69 level, also includes two decks and an art print. Only 12 left. Says in the update this will be the last time they'll be available for under $100.

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2012, 01:19:45 PM »

dcell59

• True Member
They still have 23 available at the $175 level. I wonder if they will have some left over at the end.

It looks like they'll hit the level needed to make these a Bicycle deck pretty soon.

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I came home from school and checked the status of the Grid deck and saw that it is past $9,000! I will be pledging for this very soon because it wild definitely be printed by the USPCC.

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Well, this deck just reached 200% funding! Great to see that it'll be printed under USPCC, wonder it they plan on having anymore rewards for achieving further fundings.

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »

ADKLco

• True Member
Looks like something off of Tron or something, but all in all I think it looks alright. 

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2012, 08:21:43 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
I sent them a message asking if there was a way to get the natural finish clip along with the black finish clip I'm already getting, and they said I could either add $35 to my pledge and get the clip and another deck, or just add $30 for the clip, for anyone that's interested. You may want to contact them yourself though.

$69 level is sold out.

They added a $65 level with two decks, an uncut sheet and an art print. That's the only level that includes an uncut sheet that I see currently.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:45:29 AM by rainking187 »

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2012, 08:54:33 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
I know this is a double post, but they've changed the design of the Joker to look like a guy riding a light cycle. You can see the blue one on the Kickstarter page.

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'm not sure how picky USPCC will be but they might want to be careful with too closely copying a known and long-standing art concept like the light cycles. Now you and I don't care, but we aren't all copyright lawyers.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2012, 09:29:34 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
It still has about 50 days to go, I may pledge for 3 or 4 near the 10 day mark...
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2012, 08:11:22 AM »

rainking187

• True Member
The latest backer only update is letting people vote on which joker they prefer. Unfortunately it seems like most people are picking the first joker. If anyone likes the new one and hasn't voted on it yet I think you should.

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2012, 08:29:29 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
I love the tron style of this.
I might get a deck or 3 maybe on June. Since I'm already up to my ears in expenses this month. :P
Anyway, great design. I love TRON. And this touches the nerd in me.

Welcome to the Discourse 4pm. Nice to have you here.
Best of luck with the GRID!

cheers!
Lara Krystle "Lane" Novales
http://laranovales.jux.com

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »

Robert Butler

Hey everyone!  New clip colors available!  There not up yet but there coming soon.  Let us know what you think.

« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2012, 04:24:54 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
Interesting colors, but I'd really like to see a finished color eco clip before backing for any more.

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2012, 04:27:08 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
At first glance the orange clip looked too bright for me, but now I actually think it looks very nice. And of course the turquoise one is not only cute but also very sci-fi and Tron-ish.
Here are some news from 4PM Designs:
"We're still working with bicycle on getting details flushed out. The Grid will have an embossed finish. Everything else is still being worked out."
And wish 25,000$ raised, it's obvious these will soon be in our hands!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:30:51 PM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2012, 04:33:29 PM »

Robert Butler

Interesting colors, but I'd really like to see a finished color eco clip before backing for any more.

Understandable.  I'll get some color samples done and shipped to me so I can share it.  I want you guys to see what the colors will be like.

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
This thread kind of dropped out of sight, but I saw that it says on the Kickstarter page if they hit $40,000 everyone gets a free exclusive reward, and anyone that pledged $50 or more gets bonus rewards. A month left and $7,500 to go I think it's very possible.

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2012, 11:00:11 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
If they were to reach the 40,000 mark they would be very close to beating Tendril's record of the most ever funded on Kickstarter for a deck. I don't think this will happen, but who knows?

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2012, 11:16:43 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

... but I saw that it says on the Kickstarter page if they hit $40,000 everyone gets a free exclusive reward, and anyone that pledged $50 or more gets bonus rewards.

You can't read, stop typing.

What 4PMdesigns really said:
As we begin climbing, we hope to reach a new goal of $40k. So to help, we have decided to have a limited offer for any of our backers who have pledged over the $50 mark. For those of you who are looking for an additional ECO card clip, you can add one to your current pledge at a reduced price. Prices are as follows: $21 for Natural Finish, and $25 for Grid Blue/Orange. Because of the demand, we're also offering additional Black Finish clips straight from our personal stock of less than 15. These black clips are originally intended to be kept but we will offer them to our backers. The Black Finish will be $43 which is our previous released price. Be aware, these are all an ADD ON. The item and price cannot be substituted or adjusted for your current pledge level and it's contents. The reduced price is limited and expires on Sunday the 27th. For info feel free to message us! PS. We also have a new Facebook, so check us out at www.facebook.com/4pmdesigns

Nothing is FREE, they are offering more of those bamboo clips at reduced prices.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2012, 11:36:53 PM »

rainking187

• True Member

... but I saw that it says on the Kickstarter page if they hit $40,000 everyone gets a free exclusive reward, and anyone that pledged $50 or more gets bonus rewards.

You can't read, stop typing.

What 4PMdesigns really said:
As we begin climbing, we hope to reach a new goal of $40k. So to help, we have decided to have a limited offer for any of our backers who have pledged over the $50 mark. For those of you who are looking for an additional ECO card clip, you can add one to your current pledge at a reduced price. Prices are as follows: $21 for Natural Finish, and $25 for Grid Blue/Orange. Because of the demand, we're also offering additional Black Finish clips straight from our personal stock of less than 15. These black clips are originally intended to be kept but we will offer them to our backers. The Black Finish will be $43 which is our previous released price. Be aware, these are all an ADD ON. The item and price cannot be substituted or adjusted for your current pledge level and it's contents. The reduced price is limited and expires on Sunday the 27th. For info feel free to message us! PS. We also have a new Facebook, so check us out at www.facebook.com/4pmdesigns

Nothing is FREE, they are offering more of those bamboo clips at reduced prices.

I wasn't talking about that update. Go to the main page of the project and scroll down to the "Project Updates" bar.

If we can raise $40,000 as a special thank you to all our backers, we will be giving away FREE exclusive rewards to everyone! Including BONUS rewards for everyone that pledged over $50

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2012, 09:11:03 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Well, I'm an asshole.  It looks like I'm the one who can't read.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2012, 03:10:52 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Well, I'm an asshole.  It looks like I'm the one who can't read.

Nice of you to admit it - we all wear the asshole hat every now and then...   :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2012, 07:28:54 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Damn, I wanted to hold off on pledging for anything else. No matter how hard I try to get out, they keep sucking me back in.