Mystery Deck from Bedeceived

Author (Read 15821 times)

Re: Mystery Deck from Bedeceived
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2012, 01:21:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I have spoken to Nathan about it.  I have absolutely no problem with ANYONE digging into an old topic and breathing new life into it, as he did for a topic on Lee Asher's upcoming Jerry's Nuggets sale.

But when you're doing things like digging into STISO posts that have had no activity in a month and are about to be closed, what's the point?  I also got on his case about tossing comments into someone's sale post when he's got no intention of buying or selling anything involved - this goes against forum rules.

A good percentage of his posts didn't add much to the conversation - he wisecracked about people being "afraid" of a KS deck being made that's closing later this week with little hope of success, but the last thing anyone had said about it was over three weeks prior, when the posts he was commenting on might have actually had any relevance.  It's no different than if he wrote an op-ed piece in today's paper about what a terrible job Richard Nixon is doing as president - it's pointless and moot.

Once in a while, we all have come across topics where all we wanted to say was a simple "hey, I like this" or something a bit lacking in substance beyond simple chit-chat.  That's fine, if you're posting about something that's current and that people are still talking about, and if you don't make a habit out of it.  But he's commenting at a rapid-fire pace on nearly every topic that hasn't had new activity for weeks like they were written an hour ago.  I don't even do this, and I've got (or so I've heard) people at UC complaining that I'm a spammer here simply because I have over 5,000 posts, regardless of the content in them.

Nathan, I have nothing personal against you, but you actually CAN simply read a post, absorb the information within and NOT COMMENT every now and then.  Serious posts with current and relevance information are always welcome, but if you can't think of anything that rises above the level of chit-chat on an old and inactive topic, just read it, digest the contents and move on.  I know you've been on a vacation, but that doesn't make the chit-chat posts more relevant to anyone but you.

If you want to pursue this further, then I'll split the topic and move these posts to the LOLAQ, but if not, then let's please stick to the topic, or just let sleeping dogs lie.

Regardless if Nathan brings up old topics does it mean someone has to reply to almost all of them leaving us with the same information we had when we originally clicked the post. No? Does this person still do it? Ya. Thus there is little to no difference in nathan or said person replying to nathan.

If the bulk of his posts are just a half-step above being spam, it does get annoying, and I'm not the only member who thinks so.  Most of Nathan's comments I've simply left alone, but it was becoming ridiculous just how many of these outdated topics he was commenting on with little or nothing of substance to add beyond "I like this" or similar.  And commenting on a sales post made by someone seeking to sell a lightly-damaged box of White Monarchs to a fellow Singaporean that's been inactive for over a month when he's not even close to being a potential customer and wants to say hi is just plain ridiculous, in addition to being against STISO rules.  The blasted topic would have been locked already if I had swept the forum a day earlier!  That's what PMs and the Introduce Yourself forum were invented for.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:24:54 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2013, 07:47:02 AM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hi,
this is my first post here :)

I try to find Mystery Deck on ebay, but I didn't find something.

Does anyone know where I can find it or if someone here could lose a deck?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:47:22 AM by mirciusx »
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2013, 08:40:40 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
We just sold our last few, but hoping to get some more soon. You can drop your email in the box if you want to know when they are back in. I should add we're UK based, so it may not be cost effective for you if you're in the States.

http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/the-mystery-deck
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2013, 09:26:43 AM »

GBAllison

• Forum Regular
The Facebook site at Magic and Playing Card News Info and Sneak Peaks is selling the Mystery deck.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-and-Playing-Card-News-Info-and-Sneak-Peaks/295728693775408

Scroll down to "PRICES LOWERED! SELLING DECKS:"
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:27:57 AM by GBAllison »

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2013, 09:51:07 AM »

thecardcollectors

We are selling them on our site as well if you're interested :) www.facebook.com/thecardcollectors

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
JPMiddleton : I send a email a few days ago and I get an answer that will be 5 decks or less, but I didn't find on stock (on Monday) that decks. I will try again. Thank you :)

GBAllison :  I am on that page, but I didn't see that post. I wrote an email for 2 decks. Thank you :)

The_Card_Collectors : I will give a look on FB page and on ebay too. Thank you :)
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer