You are Here:
Mystery Deck from Bedeceived

Author (Read 15839 times)

Re: Mystery Deck from Bedeceived
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Hey guys!

I can assure you, the faces will be well worth it.  There's reasoning behind us doing the solid backs, and Evan has pretty much nailed most of it.

Any comment on how your deck's back is identical to HOPC's NOC deck?  NOC comes out Tuesday.
You can't blame him for that right? why dont you ask The blue crown why they have the same identical back as Bedeceived?

Who said anything about blame?  I'm just asking for his opinion on the subject.
Well the context makes it look like.

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 11:00:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey guys!

I can assure you, the faces will be well worth it.  There's reasoning behind us doing the solid backs, and Evan has pretty much nailed most of it.

Any comment on how your deck's back is identical to HOPC's NOC deck?  NOC comes out Tuesday.
You can't blame him for that right? why dont you ask The blue crown why they have the same identical back as Bedeceived?

Who said anything about blame?  I'm just asking for his opinion on the subject.
Well the context makes it look like.

You're jumping to conclusions.  It's entirely possible that both design houses came up with the same idea, and it wouldn't be the first time such a deck was created.  I just want to know what Collin thinks.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 11:03:34 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Hmm, so I guess mystery involves faceless clown-ladies that really enjoy eating ice cream. That certainly would be nothing I've seen before.

:)

Okay that sounds a little too freaky and scary for me hahahah! but admittedly really interesting... but I can't have faceless queens eating icecreams... hahahaha!!!

Honestly I am sick of all these mysterious teaser campaigns the card companies have been overusing.

Just show me how the cards and box look like, make a video on how they handle and I will decide whether it is worth spending money to buy them. If you want to tell a story about your cards (ala Infinity or FCJ), just tell me the bloody story.

Yeah the mystery bit IS getting quite old. It was great for a while but then everyone is starting to use it like crazy its driving me nuts. Which is why I just don't bother at times to do guesswork on the upcoming releases or what not. Its nerve wracking. hahaha specially if you are the kind who can't bear not KNOWING. LoL

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 07:39:13 PM »

Bedeceived

Hey guys!

It's an unfortunate coincidence, but I can assure you that we both came up with the idea independently.  We received quite a few designs for the Mystery Deck back.  After seeing the designs, they really just didn't deliver what we want the deck to say.  They had no message.  They were just designs that would be forgotten. 

We then decided that the focal point should not be on the backs of the cards.  The spectators don't care.  What the spectators care about is the fronts, so we decided to take away any distractions from the amazing front artwork (which is DEFINITELY unique in our case) and create a blank back.  What could be more mysterious?  Cheesy skulls and ghosts?  No. 

So around a month ago or so we decided it was settled.  We were going to be bold and be the first company to do a solid colored back.  At this time the HOPC had posted the pictures teasing the colors of their backs, although no one knew at the time what they meant. 

You can imagine my surprise and disappointment yesterday when I discovered the intentions, and that's when we decided to reveal our backs to cover any bases in the future of people saying we copied them. 

While we may not be the first to do a solid deck now, hopefully we will be the first to do the solid black.  Even if not, I feel our faces are extremely unique, extremely creative, and definitely scream "Mystery".

Let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to answer them.  We're thinking of doing something pretty cool in the next week or two to really get people geared up for the deck and give them all of the information they could ever want or need. 

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
bedeceived are only going to release 1 colour ?? if i am not wrong House of playing cards are releasing quite some colour .. i am really curious which company will fight it through and which deck will be better

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 10:38:08 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Well, now I'm actually more interested in the Mystery faces. the style deck didn't disappoint so I reserving my judgement until I see the faces themselves. I actually like the plain black back for now and I don't think the NOC deck has a black one.

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 12:32:33 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
bedeceived are only going to release 1 colour ?? if i am not wrong House of playing cards are releasing quite some colour .. i am really curious which company will fight it through and which deck will be better
You're not getting it. NOC is a plain back in 5 different colors, excluding black. Mystery deck is only plain black. The mystery deck and NOC have different faces. And HOPC is much bigger than NOC. HOPC will be selling more than 5 decks and it will allow people to buy the "perfect" deck.

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Boy do I have an easy answer for this... Buy what you like!  Problem solved.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I do want to make a couple of clarifications...

HOPC is a company/website.  NOC is one of the decks we'll be offering, and it will be available in different varieties.

We will NOT be offering one single "perfect" deck.  There's no such thing.  We will be offering decks that will appeal to different desires.  Some people want decks that are good for magic.  Some want decks that are more collectable.  Some want fully custom, others don't.  There is no "one size fits all" solution.  A lot more info will be available on Tuesday.

For the Mystery deck, it appears to be a simple case of independent creation and weird timing between Collin and HOPC.  It's happened to others in the past, and I'm sure it'll happen again.  From what I've been reading, the NOC and Mystery decks will definitely have some differences.  Take a look at everything when it comes out, and buy the deck that meets your needs and desires.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 12:45:27 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Thanks for that clarification, Reylek. I guess time will show the differences and similarities between the two decks, and hopefully both will be successful. And by "perfect" I meant a deck that fits people's needs better.

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 02:26:10 PM »

Bedeceived

Boy do I have an easy answer for this... Buy what you like!  Problem solved.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I do want to make a couple of clarifications...

HOPC is a company/website.  NOC is one of the decks we'll be offering, and it will be available in different varieties.

We will NOT be offering one single "perfect" deck.  There's no such thing.  We will be offering decks that will appeal to different desires.  Some people want decks that are good for magic.  Some want decks that are more collectable.  Some want fully custom, others don't.  There is no "one size fits all" solution.  A lot more info will be available on Tuesday.

For the Mystery deck, it appears to be a simple case of independent creation and weird timing between Collin and HOPC.  It's happened to others in the past, and I'm sure it'll happen again.  From what I've been reading, the NOC and Mystery decks will definitely have some differences.  Take a look at everything when it comes out, and buy the deck that meets your needs and desires.
Excellent post.  I agree whole-heartedly. 

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 08:37:56 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
I agree with that. There is no ORIGINAL IDEA these days. Everything would have been adapted from something whether we consciously like it or not.  Bedeceived and HOPC may have something similar but I am pretty sure they will be entirely different all together.

so chillax. Let these people work on their decks that I am sure we would be more than happy to purchase in the future right? ^-^

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »

Bedeceived

Here's what I was talking about earlier:  https://www.facebook.com/events/297980400284810/

Instead of waiting for teasers and the June release, everyone can see the deck here :)

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Thanks team, I'll definetily be attending this one. Great timing too! @5 PM PST
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I can't wait to see what you have in store, Bedecieved! You can expect me to be there.

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 05:20:43 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
via BeDeceived's FB page

"The Mystery Deck is almost here for preorder!  This is a chance to reserve your copy of the deck BEFORE it's officially released to the public! We're also giving you a chance to win up to 3 free decks!

Each Monday up to the this prerelease event (and the monday directly after) we will upload 3 photos to our timeline!  All you have to do is TAG yourself in ONE photo (Please only tag yourself once a week!).  We will choose someone at random and announce the winner each week!  This person will win a free Mystery Deck! 

Good luck!"

Pre-order date 6-2-12

CBJ

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 01:09:16 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Bedecieved posted,
"You expected standard? These are anything but. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=357450067644246&set=a.177134065675848.51183.176281369094451&type=1&theater"

If you go to that link and tag yourself. You are entered to win a deck!

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 03:05:16 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I originally saw the faces when they were first shown through tinychat. I think they are very fun and all, but for a magic-based shop, wouldn't the faces be suspicious to spectators?

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 05:40:37 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
hmmm a good point point but i can tell from many performances with custom decks : People only call you directly on your deck of cards being "fishy" when it´s a black faced deck.
I have no clue why....
maybe because its so odd to see a black faced deck to a laymen.
 8) ;)
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 05:11:37 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just a reminder that the preorder for this deck is tonight at 8pm EDT!
I'll be picking up some of these awesome decks!

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Just a reminder that the preorder for this deck is tonight at 8pm EDT!
I'll be picking up some of these awesome decks!
Thank you for the reminder I had forgot about these. :-[
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2012, 08:59:22 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The Mystery Deck from Bedeceived is now available for preorder!
http://www.bedeceived.com/shop/playing-cards/the-mystery-deck.html

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 10:01:32 PM »

Kenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
anyone got a coupon/ discount code for these?
Ao No Exorcist - Finished
Stein's Gate - Finished
FMAB - Finished
One Piece - Currently watching 
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - Currently watching
Hitman Reborn - Currently Watching

Playing Card Collection: https://picasaweb.google.com/117868386827354506649/PlayingCardCollection?authuser=0&feat=directlink

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2012, 10:05:05 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
anyone got a coupon/ discount code for these?
As of right now, there are no coupon codes for bedeceived.

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2012, 11:01:31 PM »

Kenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
LOOOOL $15 Shipping Ebay resellers it is
Ao No Exorcist - Finished
Stein's Gate - Finished
FMAB - Finished
One Piece - Currently watching 
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - Currently watching
Hitman Reborn - Currently Watching

Playing Card Collection: https://picasaweb.google.com/117868386827354506649/PlayingCardCollection?authuser=0&feat=directlink

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2012, 11:52:24 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
$15.00 shipping.....YIKES!! Went from 3 decks to 1 deck from reseller.