NEW DECK- Mechanic Deck from House of Playing Cards
« on: May 29, 2012, 04:27:01 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
House of Playing Cards sent a full suit from their next deck, to 52 random people.

Mechanic Deck from House of Playing Cards
----------------------------------------------------
Release Date: June 5th, 2012
Where: www.houseofplayingcards.com

The deck has Bee Stock and Magic Finish.
It has a flipbook animated back and the gears on the back, move. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:52:45 PM by Evan »

Re: NEW DECK- Mechanic Deck from House of Playing Cards
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
 :o i loved the flipbook animation of the Fantastique deck.
It was just a matter of time until another deck would be released with the same feature.
Now let´s think about that : What if, if you can have a forward and backward animation with those gears.
I mean during one riffle -> they go forward,backward,forward and so on.....like a machine is working.
Wonder how the animation would look like in a mixed cards (instead of new deck order) condition.
For magic use....def. something i´m interessted in!
*caugh* Triumph routine*caugh*
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:22:09 PM by cosmicsecret »
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 05:46:29 PM »

vmagic

Another new deck already! They just released the NOCs and now another one. My poor wallet never gets a break!

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 05:50:27 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
The moving gears seems like a great idea! I know SacProductions101 got to see the deck, or at least part of it. The back design isn't very attractive to me, but we'll see. Bee stock and Magic Finish has proved to be an amazing combo (Tendril etc.)

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 05:54:55 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Check the first post for updated pics and info!

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 06:06:08 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Is it just me or do the colors of the court cards look extremely similar to those of Fulton's Clip Joints? I'm a bit disappointed in the fact that there isn't a lot of customization in the court cards. After the NOC decks, I was expecting more.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 06:30:23 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
Is it just me or do the colors of the court cards look extremely similar to those of Fulton's Clip Joints? I'm a bit disappointed in the fact that there isn't a lot of customization in the court cards. After the NOC decks, I was expecting more.
The court cards  look like the Propaganda deck court cards.
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 07:13:13 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Another new deck already! They just released the NOCs and now another one. My poor wallet never gets a break!

They're releasing a new deck monthly.  Get used to it...

...or for that matter, like a slightly darker version of the Guardians.  So what?  Basic courts with a different color scheme.  They look fine to me.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Any body have a picture of the tuck case?? Edit: they sent you just one suit? Haha odd
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:31:54 PM by DarrylDavis »

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 07:36:54 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Any body have a picture of the tuck case?? Edit: they sent you just one suit? Haha odd
I guess it was just to get the word out. I think its a cool, new idea.

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 07:51:45 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
I agree! It let's us build our own hype as a community dependent upon how good the deck is, instead of them force feeding us for months about how groundbreaking a new deck is before we ever see it

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 08:18:38 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
The deck looks nice. Somehow, the court cards remind me of something similar. Does anyone know if this coloration was previously used? The animation idea is very unique, with only a few decks having them. I can't wait til' they get out to see what the other cards and the ace looks like. Does anyone also know who received the spade packet?
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 08:31:46 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
The deck looks nice. Somehow, the court cards remind me of something similar. Does anyone know if this coloration was previously used? The animation idea is very unique, with only a few decks having them. I can't wait til' they get out to see what the other cards and the ace looks like. Does anyone also know who received the spade packet?
I don't know if you've seen this or not, but you aren't the only one to have noticed it:

...or for that matter, like a slightly darker version of the Guardians.  So what?  Basic courts with a different color scheme.  They look fine to me.

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 08:42:10 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I don't know if you've seen this or not, but you aren't the only one to have noticed it:

I know! I have read those posts, but other than those decks, the court cads remind me of something else. Not sure what it is though. At least the court cards math the color scheme. That's the least they can do, right?
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 01:20:10 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

They are also very similar or identical to the red bee stingers.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 03:14:45 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The back of the deck is an animation like fantastique decks.
Found someone posted in facebook but I lost the link to the video.

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

They're releasing a new deck monthly.  Get used to it...

I would have been more interested in seing a different shade of coloring from the ones we've seen recently.

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
if i am not wrong .. the court cards remain me of the fulton clip joint court cards

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 02:09:19 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
if i am not wrong .. the court cards remain me of the fulton clip joint court cards
That is exactly what I said above. Many of us have noticed very similar shades to those of Fulton's Clip Joints, Aristocrats, Propoganda...

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 03:33:58 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I am very 'meh' about this deck. I love the idea of the animation on the back, that is just all kinds of fun, but it is so VERY DRAB. Man, couldn't they have livened it up a little? There are huge numbers of black/gray decks, like thousands of them, designers need to step out a little bit and try some new things. The borders at the corner also look large enough to park an SUV in.

I might get one to play with the animated part but can't say I'll feel sad if I miss them.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The pics posted earlier were pics given to me but today, I actually received the diamonds suit of the Mechanic deck and I'm very impressed. The coloring court cards actually aren't like any other deck.

I will be posting a video tonight as well as the pics in the link below.

CLEAR PICS ARE POSTED HERE:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.462355670446042.122812.295728693775408&type=1&notif_t=photo_album_comment
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:06:46 PM by Evan »

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 08:12:39 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
The pics posted earlier were pics given to me but today, I actually received the diamonds suit of the Mechanic deck and I'm very impressed. The coloring court cards actually aren't like any other deck.

I will be posting a video tonight as well as the pics in the link below.

CLEAR PICS ARE POSTED HERE:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.462355670446042.122812.295728693775408&type=1&notif_t=photo_album_comment

What do you find impressive? Also, now that you've undone the staples, will you be able to take snap pics of the animation?

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 08:22:32 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
From the pictures it looks as though the reds and the greys have a patina to them which looks very cool. I don't think this deck will be amazing but it looks like they've put the effort into it to make it a decent deck. I hope they can keep this up if they're releasing a new deck every month. I really hope they don't just start putting stuff out to just to put it out. If this is a sign of the quality of design of the decks to come I think i'm going to enjoy the house of playing cards.

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 08:38:26 PM »

Assassino13

• YouTube:
Well, faces look pretty standard, ugly back, AoS will probably be reminiscent of T11 Steampunk AoS which I didn't like to much, and I don't like flip-book back designs. Pass.

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Check out this First Look/Sneak Peek of the Mechanic Deck from House of Playing Cards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOqcwunKgH0
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:05:35 PM by Evan »