Theory11 releases

Author (Read 5589 times)

Re: Theory11 releases
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 12:43:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Don, I actually also just realized that this isn't the same Heritage Series. I've also noticed they all are numbered by design. However, the numbers don't seem to have any connection with each other. Do you know anything about that?

What do you mean by "connection with each other?"

There's eighty-some-odd deck backs that were produced by USPC before the "modern age" of custom playing cards.  They're numbered based on which back is on the deck.  Were you expecting consecutive numbers?

The previous "Heritage Design Series" from the holiday season was exactly the same design box, though with different backs and numbers for each back.

I like that they're including green and brown again, but I miss the Vintage Set where each deck came out in two colors, red and blue.  You could have a matched set.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 01:34:26 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Don, I actually also just realized that this isn't the same Heritage Series. I've also noticed they all are numbered by design. However, the numbers don't seem to have any connection with each other. Do you know anything about that?

What do you mean by "connection with each other?"

There's eighty-some-odd deck backs that were produced by USPC before the "modern age" of custom playing cards.  They're numbered based on which back is on the deck.  Were you expecting consecutive numbers?

The previous "Heritage Design Series" from the holiday season was exactly the same design box, though with different backs and numbers for each back.

I like that they're including green and brown again, but I miss the Vintage Set where each deck came out in two colors, red and blue.  You could have a matched set.
I was expecting them to reprint old back designs in a specific order, leading to the Heritage Design Series and other Heritage series decks to have numbers in order. I guess I was wrong  :P

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 12:59:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I was expecting them to reprint old back designs in a specific order, leading to the Heritage Design Series and other Heritage series decks to have numbers in order. I guess I was wrong  :P

I'm pretty sure the numbers refer to the USPC's model numbering system for Bicycle backs.

I can't remember if the first Heritage Design Series were numbered one through four or not, but I know the Vintage Series was numbered as you described - only six of the planned twelve backs were released before the line was canceled, so they're numbered one through seven and I believe they skipped number four.  But those were just numbers for identifying which deck in the series it was, completely irrespective of the back.  By the second (and now the third) Heritage Design series, they opted to use the model numbers instead.

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

I'm pretty sure the numbers refer to the USPC's model numbering system for Bicycle backs.

I can't remember if the first Heritage Design Series were numbered one through four or not, but I know the Vintage Series was numbered as you described - only six of the planned twelve backs were released before the line was canceled, so they're numbered one through seven and I believe they skipped number four.  But those were just numbers for identifying which deck in the series it was, completely irrespective of the back.  By the second (and now the third) Heritage Design series, they opted to use the model numbers instead.
Thanks for clearing that up. A bit too much inconsistency by USPCC for my taste though ;) Just kidding.
Has anyone received their order yet? The more I look at the cards, the more I regret not having picked any up :( lol

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 03:36:18 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Has anyone received their order yet? The more I look at the cards, the more I regret not having picked any up :( lol
I doubt anyone has recieved there orders.  They released everything on Friday and Im sure they didnt bother doing anything on the weekend.
- Adam

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I haven't received a shipping confirmation. Has anyone received one?

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 09:06:25 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Not yet too.

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 09:15:41 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Nope, neither have I.  I'm guessing I will receive my order before the weekend.
- Adam

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 11:27:38 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
Received my shipping order this morning!  :D was worried there for a sec...
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 11:59:43 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I haven't even received a shipping confirmation! This is ridiculous.

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 12:39:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I haven't even received a shipping confirmation! This is ridiculous.

Got mine today, and they did toss in a White Monarchs.  Nice!

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 10:52:03 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Is it just me, or did Theory 11 increase the price of the Bicycle Heritage Series? 

I too recieved my confirmation a couple days ago.  Cant wait for my white monarch deck and uncut!!!
- Adam

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 11:38:18 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Is it just me, or did Theory 11 increase the price of the Bicycle Heritage Series? 

I too recieved my confirmation a couple days ago.  Cant wait for my white monarch deck and uncut!!!
Yes, they said they would increase the price:
"Originally priced at 24.95 for a set of four, we’re taking 20% off THIS WEEKEND ONLY!"

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 12:16:03 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I hope it's some kind of error that I didn't receive my shipping confirmation. If I don't get it today, then I guess I'll have to talk to T11.

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 12:30:08 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Just got my pakcage, have to say, this uncut sheet looks terrible. It's really breathtaking. Excited about the other decks I recieved too, my first charity water and so, so it's a good day for me... :D

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Just got my pakcage, have to say, this uncut sheet looks terrible. It's really breathtaking. Excited about the other decks I recieved too, my first charity water and so, so it's a good day for me... :D
Looks terrible???  Yet its breathtaking???
- Adam

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 12:52:25 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
terrible in a good way, in french something terrible is something that is verry nice... sorry! :D

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 01:26:24 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
terrible in a good way, in french something terrible is something that is verry nice... sorry! :D
Hmm, intertesting.  I never knew that.  Thanks for sharing that.
- Adam

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
So... the reason that mine and a few others orders have not shipped is because T11 didn't receive their shipment of Bee decks and Bike decks and they didn't even realize it. Bee and Bike decks are on backorder, so my order won't ship until they're in stock...  :(

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 11:27:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I picked up mine today - also got the white Monarchs, even though I think I might have ordered a few minutes too early.  I really wanted those Vintage Series decks!  USPC has so much awesome art for card backs in their archives, and it's a shame so little of it sees the light of day these days.  I saw some awesome Tally Ho backs that would knock your socks off!