You are Here:
When I sell off my collection next month, would anyone be interested in this?

Author (Read 2596 times)

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I have several hundred decks I want to get rid of.

Some decks are opened, most are sealed, and the opened ones are barely used at all (some only taken out of the box once).

I'm not interested in leaving a sales thread open for months getting rid of all my stock. What ends up happening is I get orders during times I can't complete them, or I get orders without even knowing that I got them.

Would you guys instead be interested in a first-come-first-serve super sale every week?

I'm thinking taking like three bricks each week and selling them off at insanely low prices.You can buy as many as you want while the supply lasts.

I'm talking huge discounts, too. For example, let's say an Artifice deck costs $7 on the aftermarket. Well, I'll sell them for $4 and then offer additional discounts for each deck purchased. So let's say you buy a brick, that's $44 now plus shipping. (These are just hypothetical numbers, I have no clue what Artifice costs right now).

I may also do something like a gamble option. You add $2 to your order, and you get a random opened deck. These can range from something like an open Blue Ribbon to something as terrible as open Bike. Maybe to get rid of decks faster, I'll do something like order 12 gambled decks, and get them for $15.

Let me know your thoughts! (And for those curious, shipping times will be much faster than Vortex lol).
Forum Founder.

vmagic

What I want to know is where my Vortex decks are, I still haven't received them and I got my survey several weeks ago.

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
If you do end up selling your collection hit me up first! I've been emailing you forever about stopping by and buying decks! Haha I have quite a bit extra cash, so let me know and let's set something up!

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
If you do end up selling your collection hit me up first! I've been emailing you forever about stopping by and buying decks! Haha I have quite a bit extra cash, so let me know and let's set something up!

That's what happens when I lose track of who emailed what. :D

Send me another email when you get the chance, my inbox has (thankfully) died down recently and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Forum Founder.

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I would be interested. Also would be interested in buying open decks.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I like that idea, Alex. I'm definitely interested.

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Cool beans. Hopefully I can get rid of my suitcase of cards by 2013. I still feel bad about it, there are some decks that will be hard to part with (Blue Ribbons, 90s Bikes, etc.) D:

On the other hand, I need to clear up the space so I can reboot my channel at some point.

I'll keep the discounts simple this time around. Aside from the price cuts in general, I'll throw in bulk discounts and that's it. Simple, affordable, done. :)
Forum Founder.

amateur101

if u got expert at the card tables deck ill be interested for sure

DidoDido

• True Member

• Facebook:
for 90 bike or rare bike decks, can u provide us some photos of it?? :)

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
i asked you many times to sell some iaocp decks hope your selling some of them in the sale ^^

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
I would definitely be interested, come September I should actually have money so next month sounds good :) I like the gamble idea seeing as $2 for any bike deck isn't exactly much...
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

authorXD

Yes. Please notify me asap when you begin to sell. Just curious, do you have any dan and dave decks?

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
What I want to know is where my Vortex decks are, I still haven't received them and I got my survey several weeks ago.

Bro - WRONG topic.  Take it to the Aether board.

@ Alex.  This sounds awesome.  I suggest giving a pre-announcement, letting people know when the sale will take place, so they'll know when to be in front of their computer/phone to snag a deal.  Do it same time each week, even better.  And don't forget, we also have a mechanism in place for selling select items at auction.

If you have Jerry's in good shape cheap, let me know!  Open box is good for me, since I'd only open them myself anyway, as long as the cards were cared for.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:40:22 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Eyeball

• Elite Member

@ Alex.  This sounds awesome.  I suggest giving a pre-announcement, letting people know when the sale will take place, so they'll know when to be in front of their computer/phone to snag a deal.  Do it same time each week, even better.  And don't forget, we also have a mechanism in place for selling select items at auction.

If you have Jerry's in good shape cheap, let me know!  Open box is good for me, since I'd only open them myself anyway, as long as the cards were cared for.

I second the opened Jerry's question, I've always wanted a deck so that I could handle it but I just can't bring myself to buy an unopened deck for such outrageous prices and I haven't found any good opened ones. I still kick myself for not buying them when they were roughly $100 in comparison to what they cost now. An idea that I know I would pick up in a heart beat: A brick of opened cards (with some other rare cards) that you can still sell for a decently high price just in limited quantities that includes an opened Jerry's. Just throwing ideas out there though haha.

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
im very lucky to have a deck of  jerrys nuggets on the way =D the blue ones if you have an open deck of red ones id love to make you an offer ^^

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I love the idea. If you have any stellar deals on rare Bicycle decks, I'd be instantly interested.

That's exactly what I thought!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I love the idea. If you have any stellar deals on rare Bicycle decks, I'd be instantly interested.

That's exactly what I thought!
Well I guess it's better off Don answering before me because I was going to ask him if he was ever gonna shut up!