You are Here:
Apple Sep 12 Keynote

Author (Read 936 times)

Apple Sep 12 Keynote
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:51:37 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Lets start talking about all the new apple products coming up this fall.

WHO'S GETTING THE NEW IPHONE 5?

Re: Apple Sep 12 Keynote
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 06:11:15 AM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
Like omg a fifth row for icons. Fucking genius.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 08:36:12 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Not me. I will pass. :P I don't really find it impressive at the moment. :P I'll wait till they comeup with something better than a 5th row of ions. But I have to say that the A6 processor is hella fast. :P

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 09:54:01 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
iPhone 5:

- Better front-facing camera
- Bigger screen
- Thinner device
- All that fancy internal benefits
- and...a new adapter

What I don't get is why Apple decided to add a new adapter device. I mean, after about a decade, all of a sudden you change your adapter? Sure, you can plug it in two ways, but a NEWLY DESIGNED adapter isn't necessary. I'd rather buying the iPhone 4S rather than spending more money to get the iPhone 5 plus all the adapters to simply allow my iPhone to play music off a my speaker system. Bleh. :P
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 11:01:15 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I think its quite a step up from the iphone 4 but not the 4s though. The new earpieces also look subpar.(And the say they took 3 years designing). Hahahahhaha. Apple is always doing stuff that have already been done before and giving it a new name to make it sound cooler. take facetime for example. Video call has been around for about 10 years now and they reinvented it to become facetime. but I must say the app store and all these stuff packed into one device is pretty cool.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 09:45:57 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I really like the look and new features of the Iphone 5 and I plan on getting it at some point.

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 05:30:30 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I have a Nexus S right now, which is awesome, but I'd really like an iPhone now, so while the iPhone5 may be a terrible upgrade from the 4, it's perfect for folks that never had one. The new connector also isn't issue, since I never bought iPod accessories and stuff. The old was awful anyway and broke after a few months.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 02:12:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
iPhone 5:

- Better front-facing camera
- Bigger screen
- Thinner device
- All that fancy internal benefits
- and...a new adapter

What I don't get is why Apple decided to add a new adapter device. I mean, after about a decade, all of a sudden you change your adapter? Sure, you can plug it in two ways, but a NEWLY DESIGNED adapter isn't necessary. I'd rather buying the iPhone 4S rather than spending more money to get the iPhone 5 plus all the adapters to simply allow my iPhone to play music off a my speaker system. Bleh. :P

I think you hit the nail on the head with your second sentence - "after about a decade..."  This isn't the first time that Apple updated their connector technology, and perhaps they needed something new to offer some sort of better performance, smaller footprint, etc.  Are you still using computer technology that "about a decade" old?  Is your cellphone "about a decade" old as well?  Most aspects of technology change over time, and not a lot of it, either.  For computer connectors, we're up to USB 3.0 now, and FireWire 800, and Thunderbolt, none of of which existed in their present forms that long ago.  I still remember the old serial and parallel ports...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/