You are Here:
Altruism Deck from The Blue Crown - ON SALE

Author (Read 23315 times)

Re: Altruism Deck from The Blue Crown - ON SALE
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2012, 06:44:38 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
if you're not even going to consider it being a deceptive marketing strategy when they did a very similar thing with the gold crown deck, then I don't know what to tell you. Wording a description in a way that is vague and could be misconstrued into making someone feel they need to buy more decks than they would've wanted in order to get a deck that isn't released is not an honest business practice. Is it legal? Yes. Is it going to piss off some of your customers and make them feel like they got taken advantage of? Probably.

I didn't buy any of these decks, but if I bought a brick for a special deck only to realize it would be released stand-alone a few weeks later, I'd be pretty mad. Clearly people were misled, as you can plainly see in this topic.

edit: and no one is mad at you or hassling you for posting the tip. Not sure where you got that idea. I actually appreciate you posting information that I otherwise wouldn't have known, even though I'm not getting the deck. Everything was directed at TBC, not you.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:47:19 AM by sr15 »

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2012, 09:00:04 AM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I'm actually quite happy now! when the Snow Owls are released on Halloween i'll buy at least 1 maybe 2 of both decks.
I got my Gold Crowns the same way.

Don, did you by anychance mention to Alex about a Purple Crown deck?
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Ok you are saying its a deceptive marketing strategy? not really. If you would have taken a few minutes to read the page you would have understood that they are not yet for sale. the word yet in this sentence means that they will be later. They gave you a chance to get one now. plus why are you complaining? They give you a free deck if you buy a brick, so you would rather no deck with the brick? you have 12 decks to use trade or sell, and a special one. if you want more of the special one you can buy them, and sell your brick.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Clearly people were misled, as you can plainly see in this topic.
Clearly people misread, as you can plainly see in this topic.

Fixed.

I love people complaining about free items. It only saddens me that I don't get to see the confused look on their faces in real life.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 05:19:45 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
This thread is hilarious. I'm with Russell and Don with this one. If you decide not to read, or you misread, then that's on you. During the live chat, Alex said "We produced 2500 White Owls that are not yet for sale. We will be running a promotion so that if you buy a brick within' the first week of release, we will shop a free Snow Owl with your order." I don't know what made everyone think he said "This is your one and only chance so take all your food and gas money to get these."

This reminds me of t11's Black Friday sale, in which they had free Brown Wynn's for $50, Jaqks for $100, and White Cents for $150. People were complaining "This is unfair, last year you could get a BW for $25 and a White Cent for $50. What's free is free is free.

Besides, if you feel so "mislead", then why don't you cancel your order? Most of them haven't shipped yet anyway.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 11:39:32 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
if you're not even going to consider it being a deceptive marketing strategy when they did a very similar thing with the gold crown deck, then I don't know what to tell you. Wording a description in a way that is vague and could be misconstrued into making someone feel they need to buy more decks than they would've wanted in order to get a deck that isn't released is not an honest business practice. Is it legal? Yes. Is it going to piss off some of your customers and make them feel like they got taken advantage of? Probably.

I didn't buy any of these decks, but if I bought a brick for a special deck only to realize it would be released stand-alone a few weeks later, I'd be pretty mad. Clearly people were misled, as you can plainly see in this topic.

edit: and no one is mad at you or hassling you for posting the tip. Not sure where you got that idea. I actually appreciate you posting information that I otherwise wouldn't have known, even though I'm not getting the deck. Everything was directed at TBC, not you.

Look - it's as simple as "You misread the ad page."  Beyond that, there's nothing more we can say that hasn't already been said.  We agree to disagree, and I'm glad you appreciate my tips, when I can even get them.

I'm actually quite happy now! when the Snow Owls are released on Halloween i'll buy at least 1 maybe 2 of both decks.
I got my Gold Crowns the same way.

Don, did you by anychance mention to Alex about a Purple Crown deck?

I spoke to Kevin about it once before.  The only thing I can say would be that anything's possible.  Just take Jamie Grant's word for it!  :))

Clearly people were misled, as you can plainly see in this topic.
Clearly people misread, as you can plainly see in this topic.

Fixed.

I love people complaining about free items. It only saddens me that I don't get to see the confused look on their faces in real life.

Hear, hear!  It's not even that it was a freebie, it's that they were self-convinced that this was a deck that could only be obtained by buying a brick of the Owls - and for a time, they were.  They suddenly are more readily available and cry foul.  It's not even like they're any less rare than before - there were always 2,500 decks.  They just got theirs for free.

This thread is hilarious. I'm with Russell and Don with this one. If you decide not to read, or you misread, then that's on you. During the live chat, Alex said "We produced 2500 White Owls that are not yet for sale. We will be running a promotion so that if you buy a brick within' the first week of release, we will shop a free Snow Owl with your order." I don't know what made everyone think he said "This is your one and only chance so take all your food and gas money to get these."

This reminds me of t11's Black Friday sale, in which they had free Brown Wynn's for $50, Jaqks for $100, and White Cents for $150. People were complaining "This is unfair, last year you could get a BW for $25 and a White Cent for $50. What's free is free is free.

Besides, if you feel so "mislead", then why don't you cancel your order? Most of them haven't shipped yet anyway.

Actually, they're shipping now.

People too quickly forget that these are freebies.  Re T11 - they weren't even "prices", just amounts of merch you had to buy - the items given were free!  And you still got the merch!  They see the dollar amounts for the gift tiers and automatically equate that with the deck's price, as if that was the only thing being received.

Then they moan if a limited-edition item becomes more difficult to obtain, as if thousands upon thousands were being hoarded for some bizarre reason.  Those BWs and WCs went to higher tiers because there were even fewer to go around!  I'm telling you, sometimes I have to scratch my head and wonder what people are thinking.  No wonder I'm bald!  :))

This is a case of a limited item becoming easier to obtain - even less reason to complain.  But people find a way.  It was only a big secret to those that didn't read and understand the page that this would have eventually occurred.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2012, 11:50:10 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I received mine today! Here is my Unboxing and First Look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTI-ym06sJ8

There are a lot of hidden things in the deck and I think I found them all. I just have to wait till Nov. 6th. (if you found the secrets, you'll know why Nov. 6th)

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2012, 12:00:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I received mine today! Here is my Unboxing and First Look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTI-ym06sJ8

There are a lot of hidden things in the deck and I think I found them all. I just have to wait till Nov. 6th. (if you found the secrets, you'll know why Nov. 6th)

The secrets lead to something very interesting - and something people would be best off keeping to themselves...

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2012, 06:50:13 AM »

DC

• Forum Regular
My order has not been shipped yet...
I hope I can receive them before 6th Nov!

May I ask HOW MANY hidden things there are please :)

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2012, 11:33:26 AM »

AoS

• Newcomer
What is up with all this hidden meanings n new decks. I will be grayeful when this fad is over.

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2012, 01:32:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
What is up with all this hidden meanings n new decks. I will be grayeful when this fad is over.

Got my three.  Haven't opened them yet.  I'm looking forward to discovering secrets!  I hear they're everywhere...  :))

The Blue Crown-- Altruism: Snow Owls Halloween Event!
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I probably won't be able to get anything due to power loss from Sandy  :cry:

The Blue Crown posted this as an event on Facebook:

NEW: Altruism : Snow Owls (limited to only 1300 on sale)
NEW: Altruism Uncut Sheets (limited to only 31 sheets)
NEW: Halloween Event: TRICK or TREAT? FREE TRICKS AND TREATS! Woo hoo!

Early reviews are coming in for the Altruism decks and people are loving them! Everything from the detailed art, high-quality handling, and hidden clues!

One question we've been getting since launch day has been about the Snow Owls - When will they be released? Limited to only 2500 decks ever produced, we will be selling ONLY 1300 (lucky 13) the Snow Owls are a gorgeous black and white version of the Altruism deck.

On Halloween you'll have your chance to grab these beauties as well as some incredible art pieces - our Uncut Sheets!

These items will be for sale for one day only starting at midnight eastern time on Wednesday the 31st (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning). This sale will last for 24 hours or while supplies last. Only available at www.thebluecrown.com

BUT WAIT...

Halloween Event! We all love Halloween and wanted to do something a little special to celebrate.

Our Halloween TRICK or TREAT event will be going on for these 24 hours as well! What is it exactly? Well, all shippable orders during this day will receive a trick or a treat in their package! You might be surprised one of our DVD's in your box, or even a Crown Deck - maybe even a Gold Crown Deck! What about a nice Expert at the Card Table T-shirt? Random Tricks and Treats will be stuffed into your orders and sent your way. Yes...yes, we ARE awesome! Thanks for noticing!

Don't forget to send an email to contest@thebluecrown.com for a free entry into the event as well! 3 lucky winners will receive a treat with no purchase necessary!

Thanks everyone and have an AMAZING Halloween!

P.S. The Blue Crown is holding a Halloween contest lasting until Friday, Nov. 2nd. Check out their facebook page for all the info on how you can win some free Snow Owls!

P.P.S. #thehuntbeginsVERYsoon #secretsareeverywhere

Re: The Blue Crown-- Altruism: Snow Owls Halloween Event!
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2012, 12:17:35 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Already have this on the main topic - I posted it there Friday.  Merging this with that.

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 12:34:54 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I am going for this for sure sounds awesome.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2012, 01:09:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I should probably emphasize this part of Evan's post/TBC's message:

Only 2,500 Altruism "Snow Owls" made.

Only 1,300 made available for sale.

Uncut sheets up for sale, quantity unknown, likely low.

Sale begins at:
UTC: 04:00 Wed 31 Oct
US/Canada Eastern DT: 12:00 midnight Wed 31 Oct - this is Tuesday night/Wednedsay morning
US/Canada Pacific DT: 8:00pm Tue Oct 30

Sales on other items, goodies, etc. - sale last only 24 hours (or while supplies last, in the case of the Snow Owls and the uncuts at the least).

PS: Halloween contest on FB page ends Friday.

We wouldn't want anyone to think the wording was deceptive or something...  :))

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2012, 02:34:29 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
so what you're saying is if I buy a brick of snow owls, I'll get a regular altruism deck for free?

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2012, 03:33:23 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
so what you're saying is if I buy a brick of snow owls, I'll get a regular altruism deck for free?

I weep for your generation.  Learn to read something longer than a "txt msg".

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2012, 04:14:49 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
do i have to use sarcasm green font here or what, obviously that was a joke
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:19:45 AM by sr15 »

Re: The Blue Crown-- Altruism: Snow Owls Halloween Event!
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2012, 05:12:11 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I probably won't be able to get anything due to power loss from Sandy  :cry:

The Blue Crown posted this as an event on Facebook:

NEW: Altruism : Snow Owls (limited to only 1300 on sale)
NEW: Altruism Uncut Sheets (limited to only 31 sheets)
NEW: Halloween Event: TRICK or TREAT? FREE TRICKS AND TREATS! Woo hoo!

Early reviews are coming in for the Altruism decks and people are loving them! Everything from the detailed art, high-quality handling, and hidden clues!

One question we've been getting since launch day has been about the Snow Owls - When will they be released? Limited to only 2500 decks ever produced, we will be selling ONLY 1300 (lucky 13) the Snow Owls are a gorgeous black and white version of the Altruism deck.

On Halloween you'll have your chance to grab these beauties as well as some incredible art pieces - our Uncut Sheets!

These items will be for sale for one day only starting at midnight eastern time on Wednesday the 31st (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning). This sale will last for 24 hours or while supplies last. Only available at www.thebluecrown.com

BUT WAIT...

Halloween Event! We all love Halloween and wanted to do something a little special to celebrate.

Our Halloween TRICK or TREAT event will be going on for these 24 hours as well! What is it exactly? Well, all shippable orders during this day will receive a trick or a treat in their package! You might be surprised one of our DVD's in your box, or even a Crown Deck - maybe even a Gold Crown Deck! What about a nice Expert at the Card Table T-shirt? Random Tricks and Treats will be stuffed into your orders and sent your way. Yes...yes, we ARE awesome! Thanks for noticing!

Don't forget to send an email to contest@thebluecrown.com for a free entry into the event as well! 3 lucky winners will receive a treat with no purchase necessary!

Thanks everyone and have an AMAZING Halloween!

P.S. The Blue Crown is holding a Halloween contest lasting until Friday, Nov. 2nd. Check out their facebook page for all the info on how you can win some free Snow Owls!

P.P.S. #thehuntbeginsVERYsoon #secretsareeverywhere

Oi, stay safe buddy!
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2012, 07:36:23 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Are the tricks and treats going to be given out at random?

Does that mean if I buy one Vaudeville deck, I might have the opportunity of receiving a Gold Crown, or is TBC more likely to reward you with better products the larger your purchase?

Either, I might not buy anything, considering I don't need anything. Chances are that if I buy something, like a deck, I'll just get another deck that their trying to get rid of.

I'll save my moolah for Black Friday.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2012, 01:10:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Actually something like this helps: :))  Or perhaps this:  ;D   This works, too:  ;)   They're what most people around here use.

Are the tricks and treats going to be given out at random?

Does that mean if I buy one Vaudeville deck, I might have the opportunity of receiving a Gold Crown, or is TBC more likely to reward you with better products the larger your purchase?

Either, I might not buy anything, considering I don't need anything. Chances are that if I buy something, like a deck, I'll just get another deck that their trying to get rid of.

I'll save my moolah for Black Friday.

Have you posed these questions to the Blue Crown?  'Cause they're the only ones with the answers right now...

As far as passing - that's fine by me; more Snow Owls for the rest of us!

I for one am not planning to go hog wild for the period of Black Friday through New Year's Day like I did last year.  Just can't afford it.  If there's a new release, fine, maybe I'll get a pair of decks, but otherwise, I have more magic stuff than I use right now.  I'm guessing that E will release a new rare deck - it's the biggest reason I haven't bought Purple Artifice or Sultan Republic yet; I'd need something worth buying to make me spend enough to get something rare from them.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:21:03 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2012, 04:06:35 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran

Actually something like this helps: :))  Or perhaps this:  ;D   This works, too:  ;)   They're what most people around here use.

well for someone who was so concerned with reading comprehension, I didn't think it was needed...;D

but either way I won't argue the point any further. I don't actually plan I buying any altruism decks anyway so it doesn't really matter

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2012, 10:17:48 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
do these come out in 2 hours?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2012, 10:20:36 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
do these come out in 2 hours?
1 hour and 40 minutes from right now.

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2012, 10:32:11 PM »

DC

• Forum Regular
Do these come with any custom brick boxes?

I have not got any custom brick box in my collections yet :( (Except the Variety box)