You are Here:
the White Lions - Hidden Secrets B

Author (Read 8698 times)

the White Lions - Hidden Secrets B
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:02:42 AM »

Labyrinth

• True Member
hi

I just make a new post about the White Lions B series design secret that I found
write down both in English n Chinese
and come with some different information  :P

http://labyrinthhsieh.blogspot.tw/2012/10/the-white-lions-hidden-secrets-b.html

hope you enjoy :D

Re: the White Lions - Hidden Secrets B
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 04:44:36 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I have been waiting for this review for a while now. Thanks for the review. Especially the UV part. The difference in the marking system for the 7 and Q is also something which I didn't figure out. U mentioned in the review that your friend opened the purple lions? May we have a glimpse of it. Some pictures would be gladly appreciated.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »

Labyrinth

• True Member
I have been waiting for this review for a while now. Thanks for the review. Especially the UV part. The difference in the marking system for the 7 and Q is also something which I didn't figure out. U mentioned in the review that your friend opened the purple lions? May we have a glimpse of it. Some pictures would be gladly appreciated.

sorry late for post
bcuz I have heavy schoolwork   :mindf-ck:

yes
my friend River opened a DB signature "Rainbow deck" from AIP bottle set

but...
it's looks deep purple not rainbow

so now I also curious about is the UV deck from variety box   8)

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 08:14:09 AM »

twiscold

• Forum Regular
the marking is ingenious, to differentiate the overlapping marks you need to read the stripes.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 08:19:31 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
the marking is ingenious, to differentiate the overlapping marks you need to read the stripes.
care to elaborate? or you can PM me :)

sorry late for post

yes

but...

The UV would most probably be the exact same as the blue ones. But who knows? That's just a guess. Seeing the Rainbow ones make my regret of getting them lesser. But it is still a nice deck though.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 08:44:40 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Great review. Could a mod please relocate this thread into the deck review section. It is essentially a review. Thanks.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 09:21:55 AM »

twiscold

• Forum Regular
i dont want to say too much because a friend of mine show me the exact printed instruction which was given to him by blaine himself. but basically tilt the card alittle or see it by a angle you can see there is a line that is thicker than the rest. by that you can tell if the card is a high number or low number. This allow you to read the marking even across the room. i still cant fully read it myself but just play around with it, the marking is truly one of a kind 

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »

twiscold

• Forum Regular
i mean 2 lines the ace is the only card with one thicker line, hope this helps you

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 10:35:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Great review. Could a mod please relocate this thread into the deck review section. It is essentially a review. Thanks.

Actually, it isn't.  It's a discussion of the deck's features, as opposed to someone's opinions on its handling/performance, quality, design, etc. - it's objective rather than subjective.  If it was the marking system alone, I'd move it to the Magic board, but as it stands, it's fine here.

sorry late for post

yes

but...

I've seen the uncut sheet of the "rainbow" deck - the shade of purple varies.  There was one on David's desk when I met him at his office back in January.  USPC allowed David to run the blue ones, then transition in mid-run from blue ink to red for the deck backs.  The "in-between" cards are the "rainbow" decks, nearly every one a slightly different shade blending from blue to red.

The blue UV deck is nearly identical in appearance to the ordinary Series A blue packs, but it is also labeled as a "rainbow" deck on the bottom of the box.  I've never looked at mine under a UV light (I don't own one), but I'm assuming that it's closer to the UV500 paper Ellusionist used.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:55:21 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »

Labyrinth

• True Member

Actually, it isn't.  It's a discussion of the deck's features, as opposed to someone's opinions on its handling/performance, quality, design, etc. - it's objective rather than subjective.  If it was the marking system alone, I'd move it to the Magic board, but as it stands, it's fine here.

I've seen the uncut sheet of the "rainbow" deck - the shade of purple varies.  There was one on David's desk when I met him at his office back in January.  USPC allowed David to run the blue ones, then transition in mid-run from blue ink to red for the deck backs.  The "in-between" cards are the "rainbow" decks, nearly every one a slightly different shade blending from blue to red.

The blue UV deck is nearly identical in appearance to the ordinary Series A blue packs, but it is also labeled as a "rainbow" deck on the bottom of the box.  I've never looked at mine under a UV light (I don't own one), but I'm assuming that it's closer to the UV500 paper Ellusionist used.

yap
there is why I post here not for review section :)

I also think this marking system is hard to use...
and no one knows why David design it  :mindf-ck:

btw
maybe DB will release some rainbow deck this Xmas
that I might have chance to get one more  ???

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 12:05:42 PM »

Labyrinth

• True Member
i dont want to say too much because a friend of mine show me the exact printed instruction which was given to him by blaine himself. but basically tilt the card alittle or see it by a angle you can see there is a line that is thicker than the rest. by that you can tell if the card is a high number or low number. This allow you to read the marking even across the room. i still cant fully read it myself but just play around with it, the marking is truly one of a kind

wow
hope see the printed instruction  :D

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 05:46:13 PM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

yap
there is why I post here not for review section :)

btw

Ok then if you say so... You supplied some great intel, Labyrinth.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
still cant find this line :(

But I found the 7, Q difference Labyrinth mentioned. :)

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 11:22:33 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

btw

The "why" is simple - it's a marked deck!  But it's not very obviously marked - it would be very difficult to spot, even with a riffle test.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the Series A purple "rainbow" decks.  Only about 700 were made, of which some were given out with the AIP bottles for the red deck.  In fact, that's been the only place to get them to date, other than from David himself.  How many of those were there - I think 250?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/