You are Here:
NEW DECK - Black Artifice

Author (Read 11440 times)

Re: NEW DECK - Black Artifice
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 06:36:59 PM »

vmagic

chances are this deck will be available on ebay for much less than the total cost of this deal, so if you just want the deck I'd say just wait it out.

You really think somebody is going to spend $147 for this and then sell the deck on Ebay and for much less than that...yeah right.

On a side note, if your wondering what is in the club shop, here it is:

Luggage Tags - $15
Skateboard Deck - $75
Iphone Case - $23
Lucite Case - $200
Black Ghost V1 Uncut - $175
Black Artifice Uncut - $175
Black Artifice Tuck Uncut - $200
Black Club Ring - $60

Yep a bunch of stuff I don't need. Well there's $147 i'll never get back, lol. At least i'll have the Black Artifice and whatever else they throw my way.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:41:11 PM by vmagic »

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 06:48:07 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
When I first saw the club shop, i was like:

Hmmm....Skateboard and iPhone Case....Dan and Dave-esque

then I was like:

Hmmm...Club Ring....Skulkor-esque

now I'm like:

Meh.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
chances are this deck will be available on ebay for much less than the total cost of this deal, so if you just want the deck I'd say just wait it out.

You really think somebody is going to spend $147 for this and then sell the deck on Ebay and for much less than that...yeah right.

someone who is primarily a magician might care more about the other stuff than the deck. I'm not saying it will go for cheap, but certainly it will be quite a bit less than what the membership is on E.

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 07:44:11 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Someday they will be avaliable in other ways.
The decks must be printed at least 1k-5k.

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 08:44:27 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Yea I am not paying that much for the deck. The rest I could care less about. though I also hate the loyalty points thing.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 09:58:15 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran

whoever runs their facebook page said they won't be available any other way

just like the LTD deck was only available in 2011

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 10:20:49 PM »

vmagic

whoever runs their facebook page said they won't be available any other way

just like the LTD deck was only available in 2011

Yeah and didn't they also say there would be no more colors in the Artifice, then they printed the Purples and now the Blacks! Ellusionist are a bunch of hypocrites and liars.

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53:07 PM »

twiscold

• Forum Regular
This was shit friday besides the sweet deal from blaine

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53:21 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
They'll probably give them away as a $450 gift tier or something
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 10:54:26 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
and then when out of Gold arcanes give them out with the wensday contest.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 12:02:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Well, I have news for you guys.  The memberships are now showing up as SOLD OUT.  It no longer matters if you have the money or not.

I get why they did the membership thing.  They're first and foremost a magic company, and a playing card company comes in second place to that.  This membership thing appears to be intended for people serious about learning magic and getting rare magic gear.

But to make the offer for such a short window of time?  And with no warnings or notices about the quantity and/or time being limited?

That's not the way to win customer loyalty.  This Black Friday jumped the shark for E, in my opinion.  I was prepared to make a decent-sized deck purchase, nothing outrageous but add my purchase to countless others and it would have made a difference for their bottom line.  Now, I bought nothing that I was interested in, and the one thing I was still considering is no longer available.

Sucks for you, Ellusionist.  I'm very disappointed, but I also get to keep my cash instead of you.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 12:44:32 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Are you sure Don? I was able to add it to my cart. I am not able to buy it do to the fact that I don't have the money but as far as I can see its still available.

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 01:35:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Are you sure Don? I was able to add it to my cart. I am not able to buy it do to the fact that I don't have the money but as far as I can see its still available.

I couldn't find a BUY button or an ADD TO CART button or anything like it.  It was also listed in the Playing Cards category with a red "SOLD OUT" banner in the top right corner of the picture.

A ha - I figured it out.  You need to be logged in before reaching the page for it to become purchasable.

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Well the black club also is a yearly membership. So if this year its a black artifice then next year will probably be another black themed deck. All in all, it probably wasn't the smartest of moves by E. If you add up all the extra monetary additions you receive with the order, and if all you want is the black artifice, then you're foregoing a fair amount of money to get it.

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 12:21:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm finding it difficult to figure out what direction the company is heading.  On the one hand, the ad cards in their recent decks are promoting them as a custom card company first and foremost - zero mention that they sell magic.  On the other hand, something like the Black Club is promoting them as a magic company first and foremost - focus on getting magic and discounts and presales, and the only deck focus is that one new deck and the box to collect decks in.

Ellusionist is looking a little bipolar right about now...

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 04:11:59 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
I'm finding it difficult to figure out what direction the company is heading.  On the one hand, the ad cards in their recent decks are promoting them as a custom card company first and foremost - zero mention that they sell magic.  On the other hand, something like the Black Club is promoting them as a magic company first and foremost - focus on getting magic and discounts and presales, and the only deck focus is that one new deck and the box to collect decks in.

Ellusionist is looking a little bipolar right about now...

Time will tell Sir. Donald... Time will tell

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
Just posted on Facebook. Thought you'd all like to know.
"FYI, for Black Club members. We're looking into a way to allow you to purchase a couple of extra Artifice Black Decks. We need to find a way to limit the quantities in our system. Hopefully it won't take longer than a week to get this implemented, we'll let you know. - Brad."

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 05:46:48 PM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
Great news. Too bad this wasn't I emplemented in the beginning. It just sucks paying for shipping again.

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
"FYI, for Black Club members. We're looking into a way to allow you to purchase a couple of extra Artifice Black Decks. We need to find a way to limit the quantities in our system. Hopefully it won't take longer than a week to get this implemented, we'll let you know. - Brad."

That will make the Black Club membership more enticing for sure.

But what's up with giving the 15% on CyberMonday after a couple have spent $$$ on Black Friday? That is a slap for early supporters.

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

That will make the Black Club membership more enticing for sure.

But what's up with giving the 15% on CyberMonday after a couple have spent $$$ on Black Friday? That is a slap for early supporters.
Well, they always say patience is a virtue. As for me, I kinda saw this coming. For me, I'm going to wait to order until they give out some "amazing" deal, like spend $75 for a Red Artifice, or spend $150 for a life-size poster of Daniel Garcia. Whatever they have left.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2012, 10:46:26 PM »

twiscold

• Forum Regular
lol Garcia poster

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 12:16:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Lordlupus, have you never heard of Cyber Monday?  If you haven't, what rock have you been living under for the past fifteen-or-so years?

Since nearly every person alive is connected to the Internet, Cyber Monday has become as popular as Black Friday.  For some, even more so, since they can get the deals without having to wake up at ungodly hours and wait on line for stores to open super-early - instead, they can do it from their desk at work or even in their pajamas with the little feetsies on them...

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2012, 04:53:49 AM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular

Lordlupus, have you never heard of Cyber Monday?  If you haven't, what rock have you been living under for the past fifteen-or-so years?

Not sure where that comes from. Have I insulted your boyfriend at E?

Running a purchase price linked gift-tier program is to entice more purchases to hit higher tier reward. Launching this program with a lot of hype and following up with a substantial discount 3 days later will unfortunately create a negative reaction for customers who have bought your products in the first 3 days. This is normal business sense.

You either run the tier program and discount together over the 4 days like TBC or you run the discount scheme without a tier program like D&D. Customer satisfaction should always be the key driver for a consumer product business.

Instead of blaming consumers for not knowing that a company may spring an unannounced discount scheme a few days after a tier program, perhaps you should critique the company's strategy for doing so in the first place.

Thanks Don for explaining something I already know which is not linked to the undesirable business practice I was commenting about. And thanks for assuming that I am as old as your intellectual age. I am crawling under my "rock" now, please find other 15 years old board members to pick on.

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2012, 05:17:00 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Dude, Dons response was actually quite nice and quite light hearted in humour. It wasn't as if any of the deals on for Black Friday were really that great anyway, and if you reserve that one day to buy everything because you think you're getting a bargain, then you're quite a silly consumer. Just saying...

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2012, 09:12:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Dude, Dons response was actually quite nice and quite light hearted in humour. It wasn't as if any of the deals on for Black Friday were really that great anyway, and if you reserve that one day to buy everything because you think you're getting a bargain, then you're quite a silly consumer. Just saying...

Lordlupus, I was simply pointing out that you should EXPECT Cyber Monday deals by now.  Last year, there were enough deals (different deals, too) on Black Friday AND Cyber Monday both that people wanted in on both.  This year, Black Friday was somewhat lackluster and Cyber Monday did end up with some better discounts.