You are Here:
NEW DECK - Black Artifice

Author (Read 11430 times)

Re: NEW DECK - Black Artifice
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 12:51:16 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
some people are already selling the deck on ebay for more than the entire black club bundle is going for

smh

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2012, 01:14:30 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
At the end of the day what's sad is that these particular companies have to resort to these $#!tty tactics  in order to stay in business or just to exploit their consumer base, which is extremely limited to begin with (mostly people on these forums)... Rather than sell decks on their own merits and offer a gorgeous looking deck such as this at a reasonable price (or even a premium) seems not enough for them... They manipulate the card collector, most of which have the "gotta have them all" mentality into feeling the need to pay an absurd amount of $ for a deck or to order a whole bunch of crap that they don't even need or particularly want in order to obtain a single deck...  It's truly sad... However, a great feeling which I hope you all get to experience is if you are able to set yourself free and not be a slave to E or T11 or HOPC / B.C. (same company) or D&D... After taking a small break (a few months) and recently starting in again, I fell for the routine again, but you know the saying, "Fool me once..."  Could you imagine if they offered this wonderful Black Artifice for a reasonable amount how many they would sell?  But why would they, when they got a whole lot of sheep to sign up and, in essence, purchase the deck for over $150 already... That's THIRTY (30) TIMES the profit than selling the decks for $5 not even mentioning having to mail out 30 different packages... So as long as the sheep keep buying, they'll keep abusing and taking advantage... Just imagine if only the people on these forums decided not to fall for their bull$#!T anymore and decided not purchase decks with these ridiculous rules or tier systems or clubs to join... It truly sickens me that this is what has become of my hobby, and it's only because you all (occasionally me included) let them... Back to the subject at hand - The deck looks really gorgeous and it's unfortunate that I won't be owning one of them...

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2012, 01:21:40 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Well the great lazarus is selling a fathom deck for $20 on eBay  ;D Anyways on topic, Jmrock I did indeed purchase a black club membership; but I wasn't only after the deck and I haven't really purchased from E for a while anyway. But yeah I do see your point and it is a bit disappointing to see what all the companies are turning to.
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 08:57:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
At the end of the day what's sad is that these particular companies have to resort to these $#!tty tactics  in order to stay in business or just to exploit their consumer base, which is extremely limited to begin with (mostly people on these forums)... Rather than sell decks on their own merits and offer a gorgeous looking deck such as this at a reasonable price (or even a premium) seems not enough for them... They manipulate the card collector, most of which have the "gotta have them all" mentality into feeling the need to pay an absurd amount of $ for a deck or to order a whole bunch of crap that they don't even need or particularly want in order to obtain a single deck...  It's truly sad... However, a great feeling which I hope you all get to experience is if you are able to set yourself free and not be a slave to E or T11 or HOPC / B.C. (same company) or D&D... After taking a small break (a few months) and recently starting in again, I fell for the routine again, but you know the saying, "Fool me once..."  Could you imagine if they offered this wonderful Black Artifice for a reasonable amount how many they would sell?  But why would they, when they got a whole lot of sheep to sign up and, in essence, purchase the deck for over $150 already... That's THIRTY (30) TIMES the profit than selling the decks for $5 not even mentioning having to mail out 30 different packages... So as long as the sheep keep buying, they'll keep abusing and taking advantage... Just imagine if only the people on these forums decided not to fall for their bull$#!T anymore and decided not purchase decks with these ridiculous rules or tier systems or clubs to join... It truly sickens me that this is what has become of my hobby, and it's only because you all (occasionally me included) let them... Back to the subject at hand - The deck looks really gorgeous and it's unfortunate that I won't be owning one of them...

Playing devil's advocate for a minute, E was always more about the magicians, less about the collectors.  The Black Club does have appeal for magicians, particularly beginning magicians.

Sure, I wish the deck was available at a reasonable price as well.  But I don't see it as some kind of betrayal.  They're a business trying to make money.  I'm seeing this as similar to when the Black Ghost 1st Edition was released.  It was only a premium for selected magicians, no one else.

Don't be surprised if at some point this deck (or a second edition of it) does become available outside of the club - especially if Ellusionist sees an opportunity to make money doing it.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Don't be surprised if at some point this deck (or a second edition of it) does become available outside of the club - especially if Ellusionist sees an opportunity to make money doing it.
That's exactly why I'm holding off and not gonna purchase the membership.   Grant it, yes, I am a magician and a collector.   But at the moment E has no effects that I want or appeal to me.   So, the membership would do me no good at the moment and I'm not going to spend $150 for a membership that I wont get any use out of.   Yeah, E might come out with more effects or more "membership only items" but until then, I am more content with my collection I have thus far and can use that $150 towards gifts for my family or other decks that are coming out.   Just like the whole Gold Crown deck.   I held off and waited and sure enough it was sold as a single deck.   Let's wait and see together what plays out with the Black Artifice, shall we??  ;)
- Adam

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2012, 02:15:49 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Luckily, I don't have a gun to my head, therefore I don't purchase everything I see.

I see nothing wrong with E selling the membership for $150. Too expensive for you? Don't buy it. You are not entitled anything.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2012, 02:20:31 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Luckily, I don't have a gun to my head, therefore I don't purchase everything I see.

I see nothing wrong with E selling the membership for $150. Too expensive for you? Don't buy it. You are not entitled anything.

gtfo with your logic and money management skills

DOWN WITH E!  >:(
Forum Founder.

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2012, 04:11:06 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:

Boom. Couldn't have said it better myself.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2012, 08:46:55 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran

it's just really annoying, especially since, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, that this is the one deck that I've been wanting to see for quite some time. Then I find out it'll cost me that kind of money to own and it's really just a huge letdown for me. I probably would've gotten quite a few of these decks but now I might never get one.

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2012, 09:51:03 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
Do any club members know if they've set up a system for buying extras yet?

« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2012, 12:09:36 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Hey, at least you GET STUFF with the membership. For USPCC and D&D, you don't get much. Just a deck, if anything.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2012, 12:32:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey, at least you GET STUFF with the membership. For USPCC and D&D, you don't get much. Just a deck, if anything.

D&D I agree with.  But how can you say the same for USPC?  The memberships haven't even begun yet!  They're being released on New Year's Day.

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2012, 02:52:43 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

D&D I agree with.  But how can you say the same for USPC?  The memberships haven't even begun yet!  They're being released on New Year's Day.
That's true. I hope we have some surprises in store for their membership.

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2012, 02:24:23 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
extra decks now available to black club members. Limit 2 per member at $18 per deck. So if you wanted one for the still somewhat absurd, but less so than before price of 18 dollars a deck, you could perhaps entice a black club member to get one for you.

still really disappointed on how E handled this deck, and 18 dollars plus shipping and possibly extra for the guy getting you the deck is still a steep asking price. Although you could probably buy a membership and two extra decks, resell them and make a good portion of your money back while still owning a deck.

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2012, 06:28:00 AM »

Strag

• True Member
extra decks now available to black club members. Limit 2 per member at $18 per deck. So if you wanted one for the still somewhat absurd, but less so than before price of 18 dollars a deck, you could perhaps entice a black club member to get one for you.

still really disappointed on how E handled this deck, and 18 dollars plus shipping and possibly extra for the guy getting you the deck is still a steep asking price. Although you could probably buy a membership and two extra decks, resell them and make a good portion of your money back while still owning a deck.

Really glad they sent me (already black club member) an email about this.  Oh wait...NOT.

EDIT: I did place my order and was also able to used MAGIC10 code to get an additional 10% off so 15% in total which almost made up for International shipping (ok not really, but took about $5 off).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 06:42:54 AM by Strag »

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2012, 12:44:29 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Well, gang, if you didn't join yet, it would see that today's a great day for doing so.  There's a LOT of bonus windows open for their daily deals for the weekend:

2 for 1 on Viper Fan Back uncuts
50% off on Aura by Jay Crowe
50% off Infinity decks, no limit
DOUBLE game cards - 2 for each item bought

...and one last special, ending at midnight...

An extra Artifice Black Club deck if you join today!

Even if you don't want any of the other stuff, +1 BA deck and x2 game pieces are REALLY, REALLY hard to pass up...

They offered the bonus BA deck on the 19th, but this is just so much more shiny...  :))
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:46:24 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2012, 12:50:45 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
well I hate myself, ordered this morning. If I would have waited till tomorrow I would have gotten 20 of those cards rather then the 10 I am getting. :(
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2012, 04:12:47 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Just putting it out there. You know what would look nice? A white artifice.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2012, 04:15:59 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
And they will probably do it since the green was suppose to be the last and they keep making more. I just find this holiday thing stupid. Friday should be considered part of the weekend deal. This could just be the fact that I have been up 30 hours and I do not get the bonuses because of the deal starting saturday but either way.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2012, 07:02:30 AM »

anep21

• Elite Member
did any non-member here bought the deck? did they cancel the order?

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2012, 09:22:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Non-members can't buy the deck.

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »

anep21

• Elite Member

but i think there are some non-members bought the gold arcane uncut sheet before
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:24:24 PM by anep21 »

« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

but i think there are some non-members bought the gold arcane uncut sheet before
That would be impossible considering only members can buy the uncut.

The offer is very tempting, so I'll see if I can do anything.
Just a tip: the Viper uncuts have sold out.

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
It is tempting...

My problem would be reselling that extra BA deck...

people in my city wont pay what the deck its worth (not trying to rip-off anyonem just trying to get something back after that huge investment)

So i guess i will pass...
Form Follows Function

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2012, 06:50:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

GA uncuts were used before as contest prizes.  I don't believe they were ever sold until now, through the Black Club.

It is tempting...

My problem would be reselling that extra BA deck...

people in my city wont pay what the deck its worth (not trying to rip-off anyonem just trying to get something back after that huge investment)

So i guess i will pass...

Just because you can't get a good price for it in your city, doesn't mean you can't get a good price for it.  Allow me to introduce you to eBay, the world's largest flea market...  :))

And don't forget, there are other items you can get in the Black Club store that aren't available elsewhere.  I believe GA uncuts are sold out, but they still have uncuts of Black Artifice and Black Ghost 1st Ed.