Bicycle Asura deck in metallic blue

Author (Read 1767 times)

Bicycle Asura deck in metallic blue
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:05:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
New deck coming out soon - pre-release is 21 March 02:00 UTC, 20 March 10pm EDT, 20 March 7pm PDT.

This isn't just a recolor, it's a redesign.  New box art, thinner borders, and of course, that wicked-metallic blue ink on the back.

http://www.cardexperiment.com/
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Bicycle Asura deck in metallic blue
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Wow that's a very attractive design! I like metallic blue ink as well :)) this will be on my list to buy!
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 05:29:23 PM »

Adriaan

• Newcomer
I agree. This looks very good.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 05:46:45 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Does anyone happen to know the pricetag on the previous decks from Card Experiment? I know prices can range and vary but the prices of previously released decks can provide an indicator of the expected price of this deck.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 11:30:29 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Wow. very nice. I love the slight variation of the jokers.
I've been meaning to pick up a Babel deck and an Asura deck for quite some time. Might just get all three.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 12:46:31 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Does anyone happen to know the pricetag on the previous decks from Card Experiment? I know prices can range and vary but the prices of previously released decks can provide an indicator of the expected price of this deck.
Well, BMPokerWorld offers it at $9.95, while other prices start at $7.99 on eBay. However, you could have looked up The Card Experiment on Google and found that they sold the deck for $8.99.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 01:30:28 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Well, BMPokerWorld offers it at $9.95, while other prices start at $7.99 on eBay. However, you could have looked up The Card Experiment on Google and found that they sold the deck for $8.99.

I got on their website but didn't see that there was a tab for purchasable playing cards :)) thanks!

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 02:05:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I got on their website but didn't see that there was a tab for purchasable playing cards :)) thanks!

"Their" website?  Three different sites were mentioned - which "their" are you referring to?

I do know that both the decks and uncuts for Bicycle Asura red and Babel are still available at MSRP on the Card Experiment website I listed in the first post.  I just added them to my shopping cart.

For those of you interested in getting the other two decks, my suggestion would be to order NOW, before the presale of Asura blue.  The presale will spike demand and, as limited editions, there's a chance they'll sell out.  It won't save you much in terms of shipping to delay, since the Asura blue is only a PRE-ORDER, not an order - as such it will probably ship separately.  If nothing else, they're here now and there's no guarantee supplies will hold out long into the pre-sale of the blues.

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 04:25:02 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

"Their" website?  Three different sites were mentioned - which "their" are you referring to?

I do know that both the decks and uncuts for Bicycle Asura red and Babel are still available at MSRP on the Card Experiment website I listed in the first post.  I just added them to my shopping cart.

For those of you interested in getting the other two decks, my suggestion would be to order NOW, before the presale of Asura blue.  The presale will spike demand and, as limited editions, there's a chance they'll sell out.  It won't save you much in terms of shipping to delay, since the Asura blue is only a PRE-ORDER, not an order - as such it will probably ship separately.  If nothing else, they're here now and there's no guarantee supplies will hold out long into the pre-sale of the blues.

I was referring to Card Experiment's website that you had linked. I clicked the link and saw the decks and whatnot but somehow neglected to see the prices. I'm still interested though!

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 10:37:22 AM »

Pacis

• Forum Regular
I just tried. Prices are shown and everything's working.
Try this link http://www.cardexperiment.com/collections/all

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 11:53:13 AM »

sway

• Forum Regular
This new tuck looks much more badass - really great artwork there - and I love the new color.

I'm considering buying maybe 3~6 of the new Asuras, but I'm not so sure if it's worth buying it on a pre-sale.

You see, all their decks had presales and are still available, so why would I pay anything in such an advance if there are no benefits to it?

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 07:20:26 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This new tuck looks much more badass - really great artwork there - and I love the new color.

I'm considering buying maybe 3~6 of the new Asuras, but I'm not so sure if it's worth buying it on a pre-sale.

You see, all their decks had presales and are still available, so why would I pay anything in such an advance if there are no benefits to it?

Their decks are becoming more popular with each successive release.  I wouldn't count on them lasting too long at the MSRP.  Other shops are carrying it, but not at the original price.  CardExperiment sells the red Asura deck for $8.99, while BMPW is selling it for $9.99 and The 1-Eyed Jack has it for $9.95.  (Not counting CardExperiment's bulk-ordering discounts.)  BMPW doesn't even have the Babel deck in stock, which sells at CE for $9.99, and neither does 1EJ.

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 03:52:48 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Forgot these were already available for pre-sale! I picked myself up a few decks. 8,99USD for one deck (shipping excluded). 5% off for 3 decks, 10% off for 6 decks and 15% off for 12 decks.

http://www.cardexperiment.com/collections/all/products/bicycle-asura-deck-playing-cards-metallic-blue

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »

Pacis

• Forum Regular
Working great. Already purchased some.
I got Babel and Asura a few weeks ago and I'm loving them. Can't wait to try these new ones.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 02:19:31 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 02:24:51 AM »

Maskedfreakinabox

• True Member

• Kickstarter:

Wow, all I can say is YES PLEASE. Also, they are releasing a totally new deck called the Utopia soon. Probably old news, but I had yet to notice such a detail.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:31:22 AM by Maskedfreakinabox »