You are Here:
Ellusionist Uncuts

Author (Read 568 times)

Ellusionist Uncuts
« on: March 20, 2013, 04:54:53 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Ellusionist is selling a bunch if uncuts on their more rare decks and with each uncut comes the corresponding deck of cards.

The list they had was:
Red LTD ($125)
Gold Arcane ($100)
Black Artifice ($175); tuck uncut ($200)
Sultan Treasury ($100)
Red Artifice ($90)
Black Ghost 1st ($175)

They are also selling the Rounders uncut ($75); tuck uncut ($100) and Blue LTD uncuts ($75) as well.

Seems to be a more affordable option for those that want a nifty new uncut to hang on their wall and own one of these decks! They state that this opportunity will last only until this Saturday 1PM EST. Seems like, though, that the Gold Arcane, Black Artifice, Black Ghost 1st uncuts seem to only be avaliable to Black Club members.
Here's the link: http://ezine.ellusionist.com/q/J6Ie1mhfUCqj2iAJfszyUgNT8PXOlJNjIkvASMXjJcr4YM1GAkOiPlh6i
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:50:26 PM by Michael »
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

Re: Ellusionist Uncuts
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 06:01:34 PM »

sway

• Forum Regular
That's a pretty good deal for those who are ok with paying $100+ for an uncut sheet. I'm not in that group, though.

Is every sheet available for purchase by non-black-club-members? Let's say... Black Artifice Uncuts, for example? If yes, this is a bit of a disapointment.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:02:19 PM by sway »

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:34:12 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
That's a pretty good deal for those who are ok with paying $100+ for an uncut sheet. I'm not in that group, though.

Is every sheet available for purchase by non-black-club-members? Let's say... Black Artifice Uncuts, for example? If yes, this is a bit of a disapointment.

I'm not in that group either but it is a good deal if you're willing to pay for individual decks for those prices though. And as I stated in the first post, Black Artifice uncuts are not available for purchase by non Black Club members. Neither are the uncuts for the Gold Arcanes or Black Ghosts.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
Why do they always do these offers right after I've purchased one of the things that selling, and now giving something away free with?! It's like they're watching my account!

Seriously though, how have they possibly still got black ghost first editions? They've been out for years, and given away countless numbers of times. The last time they did, they said its the lastof them, but here they are again!
My mom always said I'd be great at something. Who'd have thought that something would be zombie killin'.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 07:03:27 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Why do they always do these offers right after I've purchased one of the things that selling, and now giving something away free with?! It's like they're watching my account!

Seriously though, how have they possibly still got black ghost first editions? They've been out for years, and given away countless numbers of times. The last time they did, they said its the lastof them, but here they are again!

Isn't that how it always works? They wait for you to make a purchase and right when you hit "Confirm Payment" they decide to add freebies :)) happens all the time with me (or at least it feels that way).

But I imagine they have a very small amount of everything hiding away in some warehouse somewhere. I could be wrong but maybe? Plus, this time around, they're selling a very limited number of most of them anyway (I remember reading 115 somewhere). If this is true, they might just be holding back some. That or they really didn't know there were some left. I am by far, the furthest thing away from knowing how E works.

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 11:41:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I think initially they're all for Black Club members only for the first day.  After that, I doubt very highly that the Black Club Artifice deck or uncut will be available to non-members.  The rest, sure.  OR they'll keep the whole thing Black-Club-only!

Seriously, I poked around.  The offer, as expected, was initially made to Black Club members, then opened up to the public.  HOWEVER, you can't get the Black Club Artifice uncut to appear unless you're in the Black Club Store, and can't buy it unless you're a member and logged in.  Tossing it into the ad is likely just another piece of incentive to get people to join.  If I had the cash, I'd consider getting one or two.  I managed snagging four decks and traded one to JMRock for a vintage WW2 plane spotter deck.

They've been gradually running out for some time.  They're not exactly cheap, so I don't imagine they sell a huge number of them at once.  And in the event you haven't noticed, they eliminated the "gift tiers" promotion and haven't been giving away BG1Es by that method since before Black Friday.  I asked at E and they told me that the loyalty points system is meant to replace the tiers but they're having trouble getting it in place, so for now all you have points for is discounts on purchases.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/