You are Here:
Light Blue and Sun Orange NOC? From The Blue Crown Summer Club?

Author (Read 10130 times)

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
So with the free from AP video released, it had some info on what the Blue Crown summer sale and what it consisted of, beside discounts and being able to purchase things ahead of time, it mentioned exclusive decks, and showed this picture. Now it doesn't say if they are club only decks but the description makes it seem like it.

Guess were seeing some new NOCs soon!
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

Re: Light Blue and Sun Orange NOC? From The Blue Crown Summer Club?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 07:27:14 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
The Orange and Light Blue NOCs are basically the only Summer Club item that is not 100% exclusive to the club.

Summer Club members will get these Summer NOC decks before they go up for sale.  But they will be released later in the summer.  Limited run.

All of the other Summer Club items (Shirt, downloads, etc) are exclusive to the club and will not be sold.

All of this will be clear on the product page when it launches in about 30 mins.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:13:23 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So, who managed to get a membership in the Summer Club?  I got mine in pretty quick.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 12:32:57 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
I got mine.  Do you guys think this is worth the price?

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 12:50:10 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I got mine.  Do you guys think this is worth the price?

For what you're receiving, it's a fantastic value, even if it isn't for an entire year.  I got mine as well!  Think about it:
Two NOC decks are $10.
The rare deck is at least a $20 deck.
Custom T-shirts these days are around $25-30 a piece, minimum.
TEN EXCLUSIVE CARDISTRY/MAGIC DOWNLOADS?
A TEN-WEEK-LONG 15% DISCOUNT ON THE WHOLE STORE??
I'm not even all the way through what's being offered and it's already worth it!

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 12:58:50 AM »

S. Carey

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
90 bucks is a good price for the 3 decks (possible Jerrys? that alone pays for it whoever gets it), 10 video DL, free shipping and 15% off for the summer. I was on the fence about the stickers, sunglasses and t-shirt though so I didn't pick it up. I can't put value on something I won't use. I love when companies do stuff like this but I am weird about being sold on everything before clicking checkout. I really thought this was going to be over $100 though.

Good deal for all those that picked it up. Lets see some pics with those orange glasses.  8)

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 01:17:17 AM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis
It's winter here in Australia so i have an excuse (:
Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 07:50:12 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I picked mine up, I'm missing a black crown, gold crown, and like most, a JN, so I like this offer :) and I'm kinda digging th shades, although summer in th UK is pretty crap lol
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 09:34:43 AM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
All I want are the cards so I didn't bother. Might as well get them when they're released. No hurry.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 09:44:11 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
So, who managed to get a membership in the Summer Club?  I got mine in pretty quick.

Although I passed on this, I do see the value. Nice promotion by TBC. Especially if your a magician or more specifically a young magician. Like all clubs, time will tell just how good the value really is. There's allot of unknowns. What the specific subject matter of the 10 instructional videos will be? What future releases TBC will have to take advantage of the 25%. You already know TBC plans to release both NOC decks (L/BLUE & Orange) at some point this summer. So, that's one release you get 25% off on or NOT?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:45:40 AM by Legacy »

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer

Although I passed on this, I do see the value. Nice promotion by TBC. Especially if your a magician or more specifically a young magician. Like all clubs, time will tell just how good the value really is. There's allot of unknowns. What the specific subject matter of the 10 instructional videos will be? What future releases TBC will have to take advantage of the 25%. You already know TBC plans to release both NOC decks (L/BLUE & Orange) at some point this summer. So, that's one release you get 25% off on or NOT?

It's 15%, and if your like me, and buy alot of stuff at once as opposed to when stuff is released, you can buy NOC's ad White Alladins, along with altruism and save quiet a bit of coin.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 01:08:51 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
It's winter here in Australia so i have an excuse (:
ha-ha-ha. nice  :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 01:47:13 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

It's 15%, and if your like me, and buy alot of stuff at once as opposed to when stuff is released, you can buy NOC's ad White Alladins, along with altruism and save quiet a bit of coin.

15%, maybe not such a great value after all?  If your someone who has NO interest in buying anything OLD that currently exists at The Blue Crown I guess your crap out of luck. Or if your like me, just don't buy the Summer Club package. I've saved quiet a bit of coin by not buying White Alladins or Altruism at all.

So lets GRADE these items one at a time.
Here's the Summer Club Report Card:

A] A custom collector's box autographed by Alex Pandrea: Anything that is personaly signed by Alex or any other person associated with other magic companies (Madison, Dan & Dave) is a great touch.
B+] An exclusive Summer Club t-shirt: T-Shirts are always great when part of a bundle or packaged promotion.
A] Orange and Light Blue Summer NOC v2 decks: I really like the new colors and your the first to get one as a member.
D] Premium vinyl stickers: What are you going to do with this? Magic? Put them on a skateboard? Vandalize public property?
B+] A custom summer-themed Bag O' Rubbers: Great for Magic routines, the colors add a nice visual to tricks.
F] Fashionable Sunglasses: Fashionable? Are these designer sunglasses? Are they Ray Ban's or Oakley's? Alex drives a Mercedes, is fashionable really the word to describe this?
C] A Limited Deck (Black Crowns, Gold Crowns, or Jerry's Nuggets): Odds are no one is getting a Jerry Nuggets Deck. The Black or Gold added in is nice but most of us have it already. I can't put $20 on that. People are asking $20, not getting it. Whats it cost to produce per deck?
B+] 10 Exclusive Downloads, Delivered Weekly for 10 Weeks: Awesome but this is an unknown. ALL of Alex's videos are very good but we still don't know what your getting here.
C-] A Summer-Long 15% Discount: Its a limited Summer Discount, not a year. Its only 15% off, not 25%. While Its great to get discount's, we don't know what releases they also have planned or if your even going to want to buy them. NOC's are cool but what else?
D] Early Access to New Releases: Early access to what? You already have the 2 NOC decks at this point in the summer club Membership? More Unknown.
C+] Initial Summer Club Package Ships for FREE: This is great but for what your paying the shipping is already embedded in the price of the club.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:54:19 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 01:49:25 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys.  To clear up any of the 15% off coupons...

We are adding customer accounts to the Summer Club 15% discount ASAP after an order is placed.  That means that after purchasing your Summer Club product, every order you make through September 30th on thebluecrown.com will automatically have 15% deducted from the subtotal.

IE, if you buy summer club today, you can buy a download, DVD, or deck tomorrow and receive the 15% off.

As you guys know, we release new stuff pretty regularly, so there will definitely be new items where you can take advantage of the discount.  And if there are any older products that you've been meaning to pick up, this is the perfect time.

As for the 10 downloads, without getting TOO specific - there's a variety.  Plenty of non-card stuff, including effects that utilize items in the package (sunglasses, rubberbands).

As always, if we can help answer any questions, please reach out to our customer support team at info@thebluecrown.com
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 02:12:52 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
15%, maybe not such a great value after all?  If your someone who has NO interest in buying anything OLD that currently exists at The Blue Crown I guess your crap out of luck. Or if your like me, just don't buy the Summer Club package. I've saved quiet a bit of coin by not buying White Alladins or Altruism at all.

You seem very negative over a product you didnt buy, and while YOU may not be interested in older products at the blue crown, myself and others are, all except the altruism that i used as an example before... that was just... yeah we all remember that...

[joke]Are you the same guy who was complaining it wasn't fair he couldn't get the summer club sun glasses on facebook :P?[/joke]

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 02:40:31 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

You seem very negative over a product you didnt buy, and while YOU may not be interested in older products at the blue crown, myself and others are, all except the altruism that i used as an example before... that was just... yeah we all remember that...

[joke]Are you the same guy who was complaining it wasn't fair he couldn't get the summer club sun glasses on facebook :P?[/joke]

No, that was not me complaining about sunglasses. I don't use Facebook.

I was NOT trying to be negative. I guess I did come off that way. I thought it was a nice promotion at 25% off for a 3 month timeframe (July - September). Realize it's 15%, not 25%. Oh Well. I will say TBC put allot of hard work into this promotion. You can see the effort with each item and follow up items of the summer club package.

On a side note, I just joined the Dan & Dave Summer Club for $0. I get 15% off everything for the 4th. Just bought the Trilogy Box Set and got a free autographed playing card.

Happy 4th everyone.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 05:31:08 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 06:54:46 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
A voice told me that the project was with 6 decks, not with 2 decks...small box for 6 decks, signed also.
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 07:42:36 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
A voice told me that the project was with 6 decks, not with 2 decks...small box for 6 decks, signed also.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand anything you're saying.

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 07:57:20 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand anything you're saying.

+1

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 08:05:30 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
hmmm maybe you get all 6 colors not just the 2? and that the box is signed? That might be what he is saying if I am translating right.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 08:21:12 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
Isn't there 5 original colors and the two summer colors?  So... That wouldn't work out.

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2013, 08:59:54 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
well I gave it a shot.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 03:57:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

The half-brick box contains not just the pair of NOCs, but also the rare deck AND the rest of the stuff in the package.  So no, there's not enough room for all that and three more decks!  It's simply meant as a cool-looking box for you to put favorite decks in and it has Alex's signature.

So lets GRADE these items one at a time.
Here's the Summer Club Report Card:

A] A custom collector's box autographed by Alex Pandrea: Anything that is personaly signed by Alex or any other person associated with other magic companies (Madison, Dan & Dave) is a great touch.
B+] An exclusive Summer Club t-shirt: T-Shirts are always great when part of a bundle or packaged promotion.
A] Orange and Light Blue Summer NOC v2 decks: I really like the new colors and your the first to get one as a member.
D] Premium vinyl stickers: What are you going to do with this? Magic? Put them on a skateboard? Vandalize public property?
B+] A custom summer-themed Bag O' Rubbers: Great for Magic routines, the colors add a nice visual to tricks.
F] Fashionable Sunglasses: Fashionable? Are these designer sunglasses? Are they Ray Ban's or Oakley's? Alex drives a Mercedes, is fashionable really the word to describe this?
C] A Limited Deck (Black Crowns, Gold Crowns, or Jerry's Nuggets): Odds are no one is getting a Jerry Nuggets Deck. The Black or Gold added in is nice but most of us have it already. I can't put $20 on that. People are asking $20, not getting it. Whats it cost to produce per deck?
B+] 10 Exclusive Downloads, Delivered Weekly for 10 Weeks: Awesome but this is an unknown. ALL of Alex's videos are very good but we still don't know what your getting here.
C-] A Summer-Long 15% Discount: Its a limited Summer Discount, not a year. Its only 15% off, not 25%. While Its great to get discount's, we don't know what releases they also have planned or if your even going to want to buy them. NOC's are cool but what else?
D] Early Access to New Releases: Early access to what? You already have the 2 NOC decks at this point in the summer club Membership? More Unknown.
C+] Initial Summer Club Package Ships for FREE: This is great but for what your paying the shipping is already embedded in the price of the club.

Before you pass judgment on this package, let's look at what Kevin had to say about it.

Hey guys.  To clear up any of the 15% off coupons...

We are adding customer accounts to the Summer Club 15% discount ASAP after an order is placed.  That means that after purchasing your Summer Club product, every order you make through September 30th on thebluecrown.com will automatically have 15% deducted from the subtotal.

IE, if you buy summer club today, you can buy a download, DVD, or deck tomorrow and receive the 15% off.

As you guys know, we release new stuff pretty regularly, so there will definitely be new items where you can take advantage of the discount.  And if there are any older products that you've been meaning to pick up, this is the perfect time.

As for the 10 downloads, without getting TOO specific - there's a variety.  Plenty of non-card stuff, including effects that utilize items in the package (sunglasses, rubberbands).

As always, if we can help answer any questions, please reach out to our customer support team at info@thebluecrown.com

Now, let's review your grades:

A custom collector's box autographed by Alex Pandrea: A
No arguments here.

An exclusive Summer Club t-shirt: B+
I might call that an A, since they're exclusive to club members - can't just order one up.

Orange and Light Blue Summer NOC v2 decks: A
Getting the cool new decks before anyone else is a definite plus.

Premium vinyl stickers: D
Why vandalize public property when you can stick them on your gig case or your computer?  Plus it's their thing, just like T11 - they make stickers and give them away.  The difference is that these stickers are not available just anywhere.  I'd make it a B-.

A custom summer-themed Bag O' Rubbers: B+
I upgrade these to an A- because there will be routines using the rubber bands in at least one of the downloads.  TBC has more rubber band magic than most of the major sites, I'd say.

Fashionable Sunglasses: F
This goes up to at least a C - they might be inexpensive shades, but Kevin pointed out there's a magic trick associated with them included in the downloads.  I personally love a good, high-grade pair along the lines of a Maui Jim, Revo or Serengeti, but knock-around shades do have a place in the world - you don't worry about ruining them because they're just that, knock-around shades!

A Limited Deck (Black Crowns, Gold Crowns, or Jerry's Nuggets): C
Odds are no one is getting a Jerry Nuggets Deck.  Patently untrue.  144 members, one gets the deck.  It was spelled out up front.
The Black or Gold added in is nice but most of us have it already.  That might be true for you or me, but not everyone has them, and so what if you do?  It's included and it's rare!
I can't put $20 on that. People are asking $20, not getting it. Whats it cost to produce per deck?  If that was the criteria by which we grade our decks, then those cheap-ass Jerry's Nuggets would be practically valueless compared to even a pack of Bicycle Standards made recently - they probably cost the casino around 10 cents a pack at the time!  Inflation's a bitch in high heels standing on the small of your back...
My overall grade for this would be a B+.  You get a rare deck guaranteed, and you get a 0.69% chance of getting the Holy Grail of rare decks for magicians and most collectors.  That's better chances than winning even a low prize in most lotteries.

10 Exclusive Downloads, Delivered Weekly for 10 Weeks: B+
You may not know what exactly is coming, but yes, they are from Alex, and yes, they use items that came in the kit.  To me, that's an A-.

A Summer-Long 15% Discount: C-
Bro, it's RARE that a major player in this game gives a TWENTY-FIVE percent discount on anything, and certainly not for a ten-week period!  Kevin has confirmed there are new releases coming, and (surprise, surprise) decks like the NOCs and Crowns are staple decks to magicians - good time to buy in bulk!  With that 15% off, I can get NOCs for less than what I pay locally for Bicycle Standards!  This is an A, hands down.  It's not year-long, but then again, the only year-long discount I've seen is only 5% from Ellusionist's Black Club.

Early Access to New Releases: D
Kevin confirmed that there would be new releases.  When Black Club came out, everyone though this was awesome - buy some rarity before the stampeding herds overloaded the servers.  Now you call it a D?  I call it AT LEAST a B.

Initial Summer Club Package Ships for FREE: C+
You say "no big deal, shipping is part of the price."  I say international shoppers hit the jackpot on this!  You're really getting your value for the cost, BEFORE shipping is even factored in, whether you're domestic or international.  I grade it an A.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:58:50 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 01:37:17 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
10 Exclusive Downloads, Delivered Weekly for 10 Weeks: B+
You may not know what exactly is coming, but yes, they are from Alex, and yes, they use items that came in the kit.  To me, that's an A-.

I will agree with you here. I think knowledge is always extremely valuable. As I did mention Alex’s instruction is very good. My problem with the unknown is no guaranty that any of the content provided within those 10 videos will ALL be things you don’t already know. Maybe 6 of them are new for you, maybe 8, maybe 4. Who knows?

I would like to see Alex put something together the likes of (Dan and Dave’s) Trilogy or (Madison’s) Anthology that shows off Alex’s life work and contribution to his craft. All of these download videos the TBC does and is doing for a limited audience (Summer Club) is going to be forgotten on people's hard drives in a year. Alex should put something together that he can stamp his name on and adds value to the TBC brand.  Something like that could have been Including in Summer Club as a member first or TBC also could have included DVD's Alex has already produced.  Downloads in this case are cost efficient for TBC and overall convenient. People like having something tangible when they are paying a considerable amount of money for it.

A Summer-Long 15% Discount: C-
Bro, it's RARE that a major player in this game gives a TWENTY-FIVE percent discount on anything, and certainly not for a ten-week period!  Kevin has confirmed there are new releases coming, and (surprise, surprise) decks like the NOCs and Crowns are staple decks to magicians - good time to buy in bulk!  With that 15% off, I can get NOCs for less than what I pay locally for Bicycle Standards!  This is an A, hands down.  It's not year-long, but then again, the only year-long discount I've seen is only 5% from Ellusionist's Black Club.

It’s not just TBC Summer Club. The problem is having to spend money to save money. To me, it makes NO sense to spend money ($50+) for the privilege of spending more money at a specific company. It’s just not realistic. People have other expenses and have interests in other companies. It’s NOT a 30+ page coupon book to a variety of stores, only costing $20 to $30. It’s NOT 808 Club that gives away a “play more cards” kit that includes a brink, only costing $20 a year.

Will there be new releases? Probably. If someone is only interested in 1 of 3 new product’s what difference is it really going to make to a general consumer if it’s a 15% discount. They are going to save that by NOT buying the Summer Club and only buying the product they want at full price. You and I know that these companies save their best stuff for Black Friday (Christmas). 15% till September obviously does not help that. While I understand, not every customer buys products the week they come out and like to bundle, there are many in this industry that do. You have to have money to spend to get the real benefit of a 15% discount just like you have to have money to spend on a Brick to get a free limited deck. To me, 25% off to a limited customer base (The Summer Club) makes more sense.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:23:21 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2013, 04:32:06 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The idea of Summer Club was with six decks, not with two decks. Simple! Maybe he change his mind about this and put a rare deck inside, more useful, I think.

I know that, Don...Your help is always welcome!
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer