Introducing the Fanangled Deck (KS)

Author (Read 5559 times)

Re: Introducing the Fanangled Deck (KS)
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 09:53:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
That goal...wow. There are several new KS dcks with really, really low USPPCC goals. Makes me really nervous. They may have good intentions but if the KS succeeds, yet there's not enough for printing AND shipping...wow...

Yeah, and I'm betting that most of these projects being made now haven't taken into account the planned increase (for the second year in a row) of US Postal Service rates.  I hate to say it, but there's likely going to be a few failures as a result, this possibly being among them.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 04:24:58 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
These are starting to ship this week

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 10:50:24 PM »

shimmyjimmy

• Newcomer
I gatta love the sharp and neatness of it, Plus the name is great!

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 04:29:03 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
The name reminded me of the word "mangled" which doesn't have a very positive connotation.  However,  looking at the design again, I'm kinda warming up to it. I like the color scheme.  Maybe I'll buy a deck or two later,  if I have the opportunity. 

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 11:00:19 AM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Got my decks a few weeks ago. I think they look very nice.  Ok on another topic. I have a question for all you card critics and design advisors (yes you Don). The creator is currently designing his next deck and had a question for me yesterday which I am passing on to you guys

One of our ideas would have the face side of the face cards illustrated as a two-way but the top and bottom halts would have differences so technically it would be a one-way design. The backs would still be a two-way.
Would this kind of design be a huge turn off?

Let me know what you guys think

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 11:06:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Got my decks a few weeks ago. I think they look very nice.  Ok on another topic. I have a question for all you card critics and design advisors (yes you Don). The creator is currently designing his next deck and had a question for me yesterday which I am passing on to you guys

One of our ideas would have the face side of the face cards illustrated as a two-way but the top and bottom halts would have differences so technically it would be a one-way design. The backs would still be a two-way.

It would really depend on the design and what the changes were.  In other words, there's not enough information from which to draw a conclusion.  I will say there are people that are dead set against two-headed courts that don't have matching heads.  I'm not one of them, but it should be organic to the theme - again, "Johnny Five need input."
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 11:14:33 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I would say the two way courts are not as important as the two way backs. A lot of the zombie themed decks do this 1 live- 1 undead. Shane did this a lot on The Name Of The Wind project. He wanted to show the different emotions of the characters of the book.
Like Don said. I think it really depends on the theme.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 11:17:12 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

It would really depend on the design and what the changes were.  In other words, there's not enough information from which to draw a conclusion.  I will say there are people that are dead set against two-headed courts that don't have matching heads.  I'm not one of them, but it should be organic to the theme - again, "Johnny Five need input."

Yup....Neeed..Mor..re... In..fo...

Top of my head i could think of the antithesis deck, and i say their courts look fine. Really depends on the overall theme and concept of the deck.