You are Here:
CREEPY deck..., THIS IS IT !!! :D

Author (Read 14795 times)

Re: CREEPY deck, New Tuck-box !!!
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 10:17:39 AM »

whaam

• True Member
OK, NEW tuck-box for Creepy here. I'm a little worried about what you're gonna say about this 1 :D Hope you like..
(more details visible on our Kickstarter page....click, click, click, click, clic, cli, cl, c.....)

10 days to go, 62% of funding goal... Can we make it ? With you, we can...., I'm sure.
Thanks

Johnny

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1919680633/creepy-playing-cards-deck?ref=live

Re: CREEPY deck, NEW Tuck-box !!!
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 01:30:24 AM »

Maskedfreakinabox

• True Member

• Kickstarter:

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 05:09:59 PM »

whaam

• True Member

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 09:57:03 AM »

Alex Willis

• Discourse Royalty
  • A penny saved is worthless

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I really want to love this deck... but I can't.  I don't like the name, and I know that's like buying a car for it's color.  But I stack my favorite decks and while CREEPY would stand out amongst the other tuck boxes, I'm not sure I connect the name to the art.  Something like B-Moviez would have been a better choice (IMHO).  Sci-Fi is totally my wheelhouse and I love my aliens, robots, monsters and a mixture thereof, but there is something I just don't get from this deck.  Sorry, I'm still out.
Alex Willis
Game Designer

Re: CREEPY deck, New Tuck-box !!!
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »

Candace B

• DeviantArt:
OK, NEW tuck-box for Creepy here. I'm a little worried about what you're gonna say about this 1 :D Hope you like..

Wow! I saw the new tuck on kickstarter and got all excited! I came here right away to see what you had to say about it. I REALLY like it! Much more fitting style for the rest of the deck and design-wise it looks very sharp! :] I especially love what you did with the back part of the image (the white light looking stuff). That and the characters' posture and dramatic angle really draw my eyes up to the name of the deck. The "Creepy" word itself looks sharp as well and is a nice balance between the whites and blacks on the rest of the image. The whole thing feels very balanced. Well done! :]

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 03:57:14 PM »

whaam

• True Member
Thanks Candace, I must say I'm much happier with this tuck-case also,...I got nothing but good reviews for this 1..and you...guys and gals at Aethercards..deserve a big Thank you from me,...for making me change it... :)

I'm sorry Alex too, we'd like to have you as backer on Creepy deck...., we welcome you in the last 6 days still, if you change your mind ;)

We're gonna make it with Creepy, I have a good feeling.. (ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO)
I thought the same for Emotions design (my design also)... We failed on KS...but Emotions (Bicycle branded) decks ended up in Las Vegas !!! I just heard the news, Emotions decks available even in stores in Vegas !! I'll post links in the following days..

Johnny

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1919680633/creepy-playing-cards-deck

New Jacks

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 08:36:00 AM »

Alex Willis

• Discourse Royalty
  • A penny saved is worthless

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

I'm sorry Alex too, we'd like to have you as backer on Creepy deck...., we welcome you in the last 6 days still, if you change your mind ;)

After reading Matt's response to Collectors concerns on your project, I've decided to go ahead and support the deck.  I would still rather see it in color, but I like that you guys are willing to take on some of the costs yourself and of course you can make it up on selling the balance of the cards.  Also, I too am a bit camera shy.  I tend to scare people with my big ass Samoan self. :P
Alex Willis
Game Designer

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 05:19:31 PM »

whaam

• True Member
:) Thanks Alex, that's great, I really appreciate it.., you won't be disappointed with Creepy...

And to prove it, here's all courts in 1 pic...
5 days left, now it's time for those 100+ potential backers that wanted to wait and see all courts...to jump on board !!!
If you like it, please pledge for it (or this will be my 3rd disappointment on Kickstarter :(....and I won't be happy, again.
Just kidding, I'm a cheerful person, I know what I have here...., a great design...and..Creepy will see print (eventually) even if we don't make it on Kickstarter, I'm sure.
Thank youuuu,...back uusss :D

Re: CREEPY.... You MUST see this !!! :)
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 11:17:58 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Nice new tuck case. Ugly (in bad sense) the Jack of Spades.

Thanks for your explanations on Kickstarter. I think they will be usable for people. About cliche... this word can be applied to your deck but you accept it only in very negative sense. I didn't try to use it three times intentionally - paranoia  ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:31:46 PM by Collector »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2013, 11:03:09 AM »

whaam

• True Member
"I have one important question. Did you intentinally include comic elements in the artworks?"

....I guess so. As I'm a comic artist too (I have drawn hundreds of indie comic pages, inked, colored...),..drawing creatures, doing this kind of illustrations mostly comes from my comic work experience.

Though, you can expect any kind of artwork from me. Not only comic based. I like to think of myself as a painter first,...I wish I had the time just to do oil paintings. That's my preferred artistic expression.

Johnny

All aces, same motif on all 4 seemed best to do here (as Courts are filled with creatures)...

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2013, 12:08:45 PM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis
Johnny, those are some seriously nice aces. My initial opinion still stands in that the tuck box (even after upgrade) along with the absurd title really has dragged down the success of this deck. I have been a backer right from the start and will continue to be. Wish you all the best!
Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
...Though, you can expect any kind of artwork from me. Not only comic based...

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:32:29 PM by Collector »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

CREEPY deck...is BACK !!! :D
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 06:23:43 PM »

whaam

• True Member
YEAH, that's right...

We're happy to announce Creepy deck Kickstarter campaign...that starts on this Friday, at 6:00 pm ET.
Thanks

Re: CREEPY deck...is BACK !!! :D
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I just merged your new topic with the other thread about your deck. Changed the title of the topic as well. Good Luck with the new KS campaign!

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2013, 09:45:14 AM »

whaam

• True Member
Thanks Curt

Creepy live at 6:00 pm ET today !!!!

And,...I'm also creator of Emotions (Bicycle) decks..., my 1st design and huge success for me as the decks are available in stores worldwide.
Me and my business partners have just opened an online store, Xtu Productions online store is here:
http://www.storenvy.com/products/2863362-emotions-playing-card-deck
Here you can purchase the Emotions decks from creators directly at the best price !
Also, another beautiful design will be available there too soon,...Iron Kings (my design, currently in production).

Johnny Whaam

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2013, 10:24:22 AM »

whaam

• True Member

Pic just for show,...me having fun :D Click here for the real thing; http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1919680633/creepy-playing-cards
Thanks

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2013, 03:09:13 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Pic just for show,...me having fun :D Click here for the real thing; http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1919680633/creepy-playing-cards
Thanks

It's actually vaguely reminiscent of the front of the tuck box...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2013, 09:54:49 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
Better check that King of Club.  Looks like it's in USPCC's ghost zone.  The growths might get cut off...

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2013, 11:33:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Better check that King of Club.  Looks like it's in USPCC's ghost zone.  The growths might get cut off...

Good eye - that is a little too close to the cut line for comfort, especially since USPC focuses more on back alignments than front.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2013, 07:08:25 PM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member
  • What does the Faukx say?

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Wow! How did I not notice that before?!

Good job Sprouts.
Who wants to play '52 Card Pickup'?

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »

whaam

• True Member
 As some designers say when they promote their project...."This is probably the most beautiful deck design....., ever !!!" Well, Creepy might not be the most beautiful   ??? but it certainly is...the most Creepiest deck..., ever !!!   ;)
...And,...I wasn't working on it 6 months..., but I did 40 days.

I cannot wait to have this deck in my hands, I'm really satisfied with the final look of all cards. There is a chance we won't reach the funding goal..., in that case..Creepy won't be back on KS. I'll print 1 deck for me (maybe 2)...and that's it.
    ...I'm hoping those who wait last days of campaign to jump on board could do that sooner..., I'd appreciate it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1919680633/creepy-playing-cards

To those that are not interested in horror decks,...I understand,...maybe you'll like my next design (coming on KS in less than a month,...something completely different,..no details for now :))

My Emotions decks, available in stores worldwide (Hong Kong, Las Vegas, Europe, Australia, US) can also be purchased here at best prices http://www.storenvy.com/products/2863362-emotions-playing-card-deck , ....directly from us.

My Iron Kings decks will also be available in our online store next month (currently in production).

Thank youuuuu....

Re: CREEPY deck..., THIS IS IT !!! :D
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2013, 11:34:22 AM »

dtsang

• Newcomer
Great artwork, however, on the face of the card there seems to be a lot going on

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2013, 08:16:44 PM »

whaam

• True Member
Thanks,..looks great, doesn't it..

Talking about great  ??? I'm here to ask you 1 last time to come on over and pledge for this design (respectfully pretty please). Creepy's not coming back on KS, this is it (as the title says).
Believe it or not,...I received many encouraging messages, some comments too pointed out 1 thing,...most of guys say this ; "I don't understand it, why is this design funding so slow? Awesome original artwork, more than playable horror cards... What's going on here? Where are the backers?"
...And I'm not kidding, all this,...supporter's words, not mine (and there's much more like that). I agree with them. I don't understand it too. It's strange that at 3 days until end of 2nd campaign we have 170 (most fantastic) backers, only. We had 257 on 1st (and that was a low number too). Not everything revolves around numbers (surely not for me :)) but then again..., wow  :o
  I don't see how such good artwork doesn't get better following, appreciation even though...there's many great designs out there to choose from. Not horrors though, this theme is rare (er)

Anyway, hope none of you gets this the wrong way, I just needed to express my puzzlement, my final thoughts on this design and why...it wasn't recognized,...and forums such as this 1 seem like a great place to do that.
    You all know how much I appreciated your suggestions here and comments as well as support of many of you (yup, I know some of you are backing Creepy, thanks).
I'm thinking of hiring a marketing expert cause it sure seems I'm doing a lousy job in this area (it can't be the art, right ? Should I just change the artist instead...., myself that is ?!  ;)).

Maybe next time will be better, till then..., well here it is... http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1919680633/creepy-playing-cards

Johnny

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2013, 03:37:48 PM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Just backed your project. I won´t lie: normally I don't like this kind of decks but this deck as an artwork that it's not exagerated. It's detailed but simple. I think I will like it! Good luck to your project!
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2013, 02:13:47 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity