You are Here:
Ellusionist Ignite playing cards

Author (Read 11801 times)

Re: Ellusionist Ignite playing cards
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
I don't think I ever noticed the two left hands...

sealed decks :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2013, 06:22:38 AM »

CoCoN_16

• Newcomer
Transducer, Asura... I like both of them. I have Asura and I recently wanted to buy Transducer, but actual prize is over $20 - it doesn't worth it in my opinion.

Yeah, nice decks, but none of them has fire theme. You can barely find any flames on them  :(

First, welcome to the boards.  You should make an "Introduce Yourself" topic sometime and get to know the gang.

How about the Bicycle Karnival Inferno?  It's more of a devil-themed deck but it has plenty of flame-y images on it.  That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks. I'll write the topic in a minute.

Bicycle Karnival Inferno - that's what I meant, one fiery deck. I totally forgot about them. However in comparison with Ignite they loose in my opinion. The design is too chaotic and "filled" for my taste. What do you think?

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2013, 06:45:42 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Bicycle Karnival Inferno - that's what I meant, one fiery deck. I totally forgot about them. However in comparison with Ignite they loose in my opinion. The design is too chaotic and "filled" for my taste. What do you think?

Most of the Karnival line is an acquired taste.  Some take to it quickly, some never take to it at all.  I'd say for for every person who can't stand to see another one of their skull-adorned, demonic-looking decks, there's about one person who thinks they're totally awesome card designs.

The two "universal truths" about the entire line, regardless of whether you love it or hate it, are that until Karnival Dead Eyes, they weren't exploring custom work quite as much as their fans would have liked - and all the decks before that suffered from "the shakedown period" - that period of time which ran roughly from halfway through 2009 until twelve to eighteen months later, when USPC first moved to the new Kentucky plant and was working out the kinks with the new equipment.  A number of decks really suffered, particularly in terms of finish/handling, which were produced in that period.  By the end of 2010, though, they seemed to have gotten a handle on things to the point that from then on, all their custom work was and is superior to anything they made in Cincinnati since the days of cotton and linen finish application rollers.  Their standard Bicycle line took a slight hit because they seem to have gone just a little lower on the quality, though, presumably as a cost cutting measure.  I haven't noticed enough of a difference in either Bees or Tally Ho decks to make a judgment call on them - I haven't yet handled any that were made between 2011 and the present.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2013, 10:03:32 AM »

CoCoN_16

• Newcomer
Good to know that. I'm guessing you're living encyclopedia of knowledge of playing cards.

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2013, 07:04:07 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Funny you mention that Don, I've been looking at a lot of decks over the last few weeks and Karnival Dead Eyes, was the only Karnival deck that made my wanted list.

« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2013, 08:48:29 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Funny you mention that Don, I've been looking at a lot of decks over the last few weeks and Karnival Dead Eyes, was the only Karnival deck that made my wanted list.

You should check out the Bicycle Karnival Dose Redux as well.  Those have some great designs.

BTW: just like Ellusionist, most if not all of their entire line have subtle one-way backs (of varying subtlety).
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/