You are Here:
aqua colored cards

Author (Read 1302 times)

aqua colored cards
« on: October 03, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
So does any one know of a deck that is preferably cheap that is colored aqua? A co-worker who knows I do card stuff was interested. I told her I would talk to my contacts.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

Re: aqua colored cards
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 08:59:23 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't think there are very many. The light blue NOC is probably your best bet (though boring as all heck) http://thebluecrown.com/playing-cards/summer-noc-deck.html
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:32:21 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
You have the transducer aqua deck
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:34:57 AM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis
Blue JAQK. 9$ from jaqkcellars website. Apex competitor for one of the classiest decks and just happens to be aqua.

/thread.
Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 01:53:25 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
I think the cheapest option is different coloured versions of Bicycle playing cards that USPCC put out. I believe there's an aqua or turquoise coloured Rider back.

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 09:46:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So far, the suggestions are mostly spot on.
  • Light blue summer NOCs are more of a sky blue, but it's close enough to aqua.
  • There is definitely a pack of Bicycle Rider Backs in Turquoise that would also be close enough - I think it was from DiFatta.  If you have trouble finding it alone, it's also part of the Bicycle Color Collection (9 colored decks & two close-up pads, not a bad deal).
  • The Bicycle Transducer Aqua is certainly aqua, but the handling on it doesn't justify the collector price you'd pay for it.  They're not good cards, unfortunately.  The finish gets super-clumpy, super-fast, and the faces have Perfect Pips™ instead of the beautiful custom pips of later editions.
  • I don't know that I'd consider JAQK Cellars in blue as aqua - it's more that weird "gunmetal blue" that T11 also used for the Titanium series of decks.  The one-way-back JAQKs sold on the JAQK Cellars website are also done in the same metallic inks and, while not cheap, would cost less than the T11 two-way-back version.  Then there's the custom faces to consider, and whether the person wanting them has any issues regarding alcohol advertising - I don't collect any decks that promote alcohol or tobacco products or illegal drug use.  It's just my thing.
  • If you think that metallic blue fits the bill, though, those decks would be much cheaper than shelling out for a collector's deck.  You have Bicycle Rider Back, Bee Diamond Back and Tally Ho Circle Back.
  • Smoke and Mirrors v5 Paper Denim edition might also be close enough.
  • One of the best choices for aqua, though, are the Legends in green - it's not really a green so much as it is an aqua.
  • The Bicycle Serpent deck has a medium-to-light blue with nonmetallic silver.  You could do worse.
  • Of the Fashion two-tone series, the Bungalow deck has a nice color combination - the back is mostly olive green with aqua accents, and all the red cards are aqua instead of red.
  • The two Bicycle "Dirty" decks, which I think were also from DiFatta, also have a similar color scheme to the Bungalow deck.  But they also look like someone dropped weird chemicals on them.
  • It's certainly not cheap, but the Maeda Gold Edition Tally Ho decks came in three colors, the more expensive of them being a very nice light blue.
  • Ellusionist's Fathom deck has some nice aqua accents to it on the faces as well as the backs
  • The Bicycle Voyager deck has some nice light blue on the tuck box - but not on the cards.
  • The second color of the Bohemia deck has some nice aqua in the backs.
  • Both Bicycle Grid decks - the first moreso than the second - have aqua details in them.
  • The Bicycle Galvanic deck has some electric blue details to it, but they're light enough to pass for aqua.
  • There's a really ugly-looking version of Hoyle's that have a polka-dotted back, with various shades of blue and green.  But it's more of a baby blue and did I mention it's really ugly-looking?  It fell out of the ugly tree and hit all the branches coming down...
  • I have a pack of novelty cards called "Cuss Cards, European Edition" that have a back that's a map of Europe in green and aqua with a dark blue hand superimposed in it, middle finger extended from a closed fist...maybe you'll want to hold off on that one, I don't know.
  • Souvenir decks from coastal or island destinations will often have water in the back design - aqua by definition, practically.  Some airline decks might have the sky as a background with a jet image, though many opted instead for their own corporate logos.

And that's pretty much all I can come up with...sorry I couldn't be of more help...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 09:56:08 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
C'mon Don.  Make a little effort fo God's sake.

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 10:32:51 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I was wondering how long till don stopped by and gave his 2 cents which seems to be a lot more then 2 cents. :)
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 11:24:24 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I was wondering how long till don stopped by and gave his 2 cents which seems to be a lot more then 2 cents. :)

It's like that Dos Equis commercial about the Most Interesting Man in the World: his two cents are worth thirty-seven dollars and change...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/