Seasons V1 & V2 - What's the Diff?
« on: October 09, 2013, 11:11:05 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Trading statuses updated! All trades have been shipped!

Will update ISO list soon. Most desperately looking for a V1 Seasons set! Help me and ill birth your children. xoxo

Don't mean to hijack your thread Fred, but I have to ask.........what's the difference? I was just about to pick up a set this week for $20 (These do say Platinum Series)

Re: Seasons V1 & V2 - What's the Diff?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 12:23:37 PM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis

Don't mean to hijack your thread Fred, but I have to ask.........what's the difference? I was just about to pick up a set this week for $20 (These do say Platinum Series)

There's minimal difference between V1 and V2 (Platinum). V1, obviously the first edition, had gold instead of the silver contained in the V2s. The V2s were created due to the popularity of the V1s, and are actually 'an improvement' as the V2s feature embossing and foiling that the V1 never had. The V2s also have some metallic inking on the silver areas on the deck (e.g. peacock joker). Card wise, the V2s are 'better' and cheaper, but definitely not as collectable as the V1s.

I usually don't shell out extra moolah for such minimal differences, but Seasons are one of my favourite decks and i really feel the desire to obtain a V1 collector's set, at acceptable prices with international shipping included, of course (:

$20 usd shipping included is a neat deal on the V2 set (I assume you live in USA?). Don't hesitate to pick them up, im sure you wont be disappointed. Combined with the second to none custom 'standard' courts and beautiful peacock aces, the back designs of the two decks in the set do not simply have an inverse relationship. Check it out for yourself (:
Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 01:48:01 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

There's minimal difference between V1 and V2 (Platinum). V1, obviously the first edition, had gold instead of the silver contained in the V2s. The V2s were created due to the popularity of the V1s, and are actually 'an improvement' as the V2s feature embossing and foiling that the V1 never had. The V2s also have some metallic inking on the silver areas on the deck (e.g. peacock joker). Card wise, the V2s are 'better' and cheaper, but definitely not as collectable as the V1s.

I usually don't shell out extra moolah for such minimal differences, but Seasons are one of my favourite decks and i really feel the desire to obtain a V1 collector's set, at acceptable prices with international shipping included, of course (:

$20 usd shipping included is a neat deal on the V2 set (I assume you live in USA?). Don't hesitate to pick them up, im sure you wont be disappointed. Combined with the second to none custom 'standard' courts and beautiful peacock aces, the back designs of the two decks in the set do not simply have an inverse relationship. Check it out for yourself (:

The v2 deck was a means by which to reprint the v1 without it being so phenomenally expensive to make - it was one of the costlier projects USPC made on a per-deck basis.  In addition, the v2 deck has a correction - the v1 deck had courts with a shadow of gray surrounding them that fades to white, but one of the Jacks got overlooked in the white deck and you can see a distinct though faint line where the fade was left out and the shadow comes to a hard edge.

I also recall that in the v1 decks, USPC stated they couldn't make the border as thin as Alex Chin wanted it, but when correcting the borders, the black deck slipped through the cracks and had the thinner border on it.  I can't recall if this was replicated in the v2 decks or not.

Sparkz, have you checked the threads we have on both the v1 and v2 decks?  I'm certain it's all explained there.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:48:27 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 03:00:55 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
v2 it is, thanks for the info. Sticking to Don's recomendation on "minimal" differeances.

Sparkz, have you checked the threads we have on both the v1 and v2 decks?  I'm certain it's all explained there

Don I did try and do a seach for "Seasons Deck" "Seasons" etc...and came up with only Forggo's thread, so I'm not sure. I usually try and search 1st then ask.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 06:04:05 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
v2 it is, thanks for the info. Sticking to Don's recomendation on "minimal" differeances.

Sparkz, have you checked the threads we have on both the v1 and v2 decks?  I'm certain it's all explained there

Don I did try and do a seach for "Seasons Deck" "Seasons" etc...and came up with only Forggo's thread, so I'm not sure. I usually try and search 1st then ask.

Our search function can be a little quirky.  Attempt making the search from the home page and you'll kick out more answers.  Make the search from a particular board and you'll get results only from that board, and searching from a topic will only kick out results in that topic...

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Our search function can be a little quirky.  Attempt making the search from the home page and you'll kick out more answers.  Make the search from a particular board and you'll get results only from that board, and searching from a topic will only kick out results in that topic...

Ah, that may be the case Don, I'lll have to pay attetntion to where I am on the site when I pull a search, Thanks.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis
Don, i would appreciate you removing the previous few posts so that i could have more room to post on the 1st page of my thread (: Cheers.
Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 05:25:47 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don, i would appreciate you removing the previous few posts so that i could have more room to post on the 1st page of my thread (: Cheers.

Done.  BTW: each "page" holds 20 posts regardless of length.  Each posts maxes out at I think 50,000 characters.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
So, how many times have you maxed out the character limit Don?   ;)

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 08:40:04 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So, how many times have you maxed out the character limit Don?   ;)

A few - the NDR has a LOT of characters in it.

"Stay on target...stay on target..."