You are Here:
Exquisite Playing Cards from Handlordz

Author (Read 951 times)

Exquisite Playing Cards from Handlordz
« on: October 23, 2013, 06:59:58 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
A new deck coming in November from Handlordz as part of their signature series. Release date is aimed for 2nd November according to their Facebook page. Images taken from their Facebook page.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:26:05 PM by brownmagician »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

Re: Exquisite Playing Cards from Handlordz
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:16:16 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hmmmm, I like the back design, but not crazy about the animee court card. Either way, thank god my birthday and Christmas are coming, lol

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Hmmmm, I like the back design, but not crazy about the animee court card. Either way, thank god my birthday and Christmas are coming, lol

Took the words right out of my mouth.

The courts are a bit too toony for me, and the joker seems really out of place. The reversed indices and style are both super cool though.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:58:27 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I really like the deck. I feel the joker plays to the style. Depending on the price I might pick one up.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 07:19:41 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Looks nice, shame they're releasing a deck with the same name as a CARC release around the same time.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 07:51:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Looks nice, shame they're releasing a deck with the same name as a CARC release around the same time.

I can see why the naming issue came to be - CARC is probably not using USPC to make their deck.  While there will be a little confusion with the name, I don't think anyone will have trouble telling these decks apart.

Beyond that, not much to say here.  De'vo put out some nice decks in the past, but I got tired of them around the time of the MMD series and that weird deck that had no faces.  His whole "XCMer/magician" rivalry nonsense gets old fast, but for him and his audience, it sells decks, so whatever.  He'll likely carry on that baloney until he retires.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 07:56:49 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I'm not a big fan of his decks (apart from MMD, that's only cos I'm a sucker for comics too). I don't really understand that joker, reminds me too much of a what you see on a drinks menu. I love anime, but the jack doesn't look so great, not a fan of the king either. The backs are pretty nice though, wouldn't say they're exquisite though.

EDIT: new image taken from their FB page
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 06:43:37 PM by brownmagician »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 05:52:53 AM »

Jonathan

• Forum Regular
It looks like a beautiful deck.
I didn't know the idea behind the MMD series of decks until I went to the extremehandz website to look at the exquisite deck. Now that's I've read about the MMD decks... I'm thinking of adding them to my collection hahaha before that I didn't think they looked special from what I'd seen.

My problem isn't with the deck itself - my problem at the moment is with ALL the AMAZING projects coming out and the holiday sales coming up... I only have limited funds and don't know where to direct them all XD.
I have a feeling this deck will unfortunately land in the " it looks great, but there are nicer/rarer/more time limited things to get out there *I'm looking at you Jackson Robinson and Uusi projects*

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 10:54:44 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
Is De'vo left handed?  Looks like its a lefty deck set up. 

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 10:59:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It looks like a beautiful deck.
I didn't know the idea behind the MMD series of decks until I went to the extremehandz website to look at the exquisite deck. Now that's I've read about the MMD decks... I'm thinking of adding them to my collection hahaha before that I didn't think they looked special from what I'd seen.

My problem isn't with the deck itself - my problem at the moment is with ALL the AMAZING projects coming out and the holiday sales coming up... I only have limited funds and don't know where to direct them all XD.
I have a feeling this deck will unfortunately land in the " it looks great, but there are nicer/rarer/more time limited things to get out there *I'm looking at you Jackson Robinson and Uusi projects*

I never liked the concept behind the MMD decks - it kind of turned me off to all of De'vo's designs.

MMD is short for "Magicians Must Die."  His whole schtick is that he claims "XCMers" (eXtreme Card Manipulators - never call them cardists or flourishers in front of him!) got a rough shake from magicians when the art was first created as separate from magic - they were scoffed at, put down, etc.  Whether this is true or not, I have no idea - and these days, no one cares, except probably him and his rabid followers.  He plays up this angle constantly, puffing up a conflict that either never existed or died a few years ago.  The comic book of the MMD decks shows his XCMers executing magicians.  Not exactly the kind of thing likely to win over the masses...

Anyway, the new MMD and Exquisite decks came out yesterday.  No one seemed to notice, what with Jackson sucking all the air out of the room with his Sherlock Holmes KS launch.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/