What a shame

Author (Read 424 times)

What a shame
« on: December 08, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
It appears that Alex Willis, and his company Man Made Games is, as Don would put it, having 3 successful failures on KS. Many of the new members may not know that Alex was a very active member here for a while. He was in on many conversations about cost for doing KS projects, and was aware his goals were low. His plan was to make the money up on the backside. I truly don't think his projects were scams to start with. I think it became a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. I hope he finds a way to make things right.

Yes there are some crooks on KS, but I think in most cases, designers just don't anticipate how much money it truly costs. To all designers- if you can't meet full funding- then maybe your design is not good enough. Take your ego out of it. Go back to the drawing board, and make it better.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: What a shame
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:55:19 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
And he was going to do a 4th project.   http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/344063227/zombie-origin-freshly-dead-playing-cards-bicycle?ref=card  Until people started to post nasty comments.  Read the comments from the beginning;  It pretty interesting...

I also noticed in his 2 last kickstart projects the same last 3 people funded his Kickstarter to make it successful.  Could that be Alex funding his own Kickstarter?

People are trying to find him now.

"Since he is seems to be trying to disappear, here is Alex's Contact information:
100 Wood Corner, Lititz, PA 17543 (717) 733-5158
Happy Thanksgiving!!!"

I have a new Kickstarter business plan.  Underfund your Kickstarter so you know you will make it.  Don't include shipping or Kickstater fees just enough to make the cards.  If you think still think you won't make it.  Make up 3 people and fund your own project.  When you get the cards.  Immediately sell them on your website for less than the Kickstater reward and post a couple on Ebay every now and then.  Wait till someone bitches and ship them their cards.  Hopefully, not to many people bitch.  International backers; screw them that is just free money  --- business plan ---
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:15:05 AM by sprouts1115 »