[TRADE] Tally Ho 1972 USPC - A. Dougherty Pinochle Deck #43 (Circle back) Red

Author (Read 2787 times)

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
Finally! I built up over 25 posts to be here, so I'm going to try this out.

TRADE: I would like to trade this sweet 1972 USPC A. Dougherty Pinochle Deck for something decent of yours.

Several images for your viewing pleasure:

Basic Info about this deck:
MANUFACTURER: United States Playing Card Company
YEAR PRINTED: 1972 (Cincinnati, Ohio)
TYPE: Pinochle
# OF CARDS: 48 cards
BACK DESIGN: Circle Back - Andrew Dougherty
COURT STANDARD: USPC Standard Index
CONDITION: Grade- Excellent. Deck has been played with, but all cards are present. The tuck box is in perfect shape, and the lower half of the original cellophane is still attached (wrinkle free). Overall, pretty decent for a 42 year old pack of playing cards.

OTHER NOTES: Do not confuse this deck with the same one BadPete69 is displaying here. While they have similar features, his is much older, and worth a lot more.

OTHER TERMS: This deck will ship from Canada. I will pay to ship it to you, and you will pay to ship yours to me.

Because this is my first trade, and I'm trying to get a fundamental understanding for how all of this works, I'm willing to trade this 1972 deck for just about anything within reason. I will take any sealed custom deck USPC has made within the last 10 years.

PM me if you have questions or want more info. Let the trading begin!

Lee Asher

ps. I hear your first trade is the luckiest trade!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:11:35 PM by Lee Asher »

Jonathan

• Forum Regular
Finally! I built up over 25 posts to be here, so I'm going to try this out.

Because this is my first trade, and I'm trying to get a fundamental understanding for how all of this works, I'm willing to trade this 1972 deck for just about anything within reason. I will take any sealed custom deck USPC has made within the last 10 years.

PM me if you have questions or want more info. Let the trading begin!

Lee Asher

ps. I hear your first trade is the luckiest trade!

Hey Lee,

I chuckle a little seeing your comment about the 25 posts to get to the STISO board.
It makes me wonder what Don/Admin would have said/done had you posted this before 25 posts :D.

As for the trade, I suspect many on this board, me definitely included, have no idea about vintage decks like these, hell I didn't even know what a pinochle deck was until a few weeks ago. Maybe Jackson might be into these?

"any sealed custom deck USPC has made within the last 10 years" is really, REALLY broad.
Is there any chance you could add some detail to make it easier for people to offer stuff? Colour, theme and/or designer maybe?

I'm willing to trade and I have a decent-ish collection to trade from, but I'm from Australia, so international shipping would kill us both. If you can't find a trade stateside and desperately want a trade, pm me, I'd be happy to oblige.

Cheers,
Jon

P.s. The only other thing I forgot to add is be careful of fraudulent traders. I don't know how much your vintage deck is worth or whether you keep up with the topics here but it seems you'd be wise to take precautions against fraud. Someone on this board (might have been Don) suggested for valuable trades it's a good idea to use Paypal as an escrow account of sorts.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:44:58 PM by Jonathan »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:

I chuckle a little seeing your comment about the 25 posts to get to the STISO board. It makes me wonder what Don/Admin would have said/done had you posted this before 25 posts :D.

He would have probably sent me the standard 'you need 25 posts' letter, like he's supposed to. My diplomatic immunity doesn't extend that far.

As for the trade, I suspect many on this board, me definitely included, have no idea about vintage decks like these, hell I didn't even know what a pinochle deck was until a few weeks ago.

This sounds like a perfect opportunity for you (or anyone interested) to learn more about these types of decks.

"any sealed custom deck USPC has made within the last 10 years" is really, REALLY broad.
Is there any chance you could add some detail to make it easier for people to offer stuff? Colour, theme and/or designer maybe?

I tried to keep it broad to spark discussion. But I understand what you mean about detail and making it easier, so I will narrow things down a bit to help you. Kickstarter, CARC, D&D, T11, E, HOPC, USPC, etc. Basically anything custom made within the last 10 years.

I don't know how much your vintage deck is worth or whether you keep up with the topics here but it seems you'd be wise to take precautions against fraud.

I appreciate the heads-up. In the scheme of things, this deck isn't that valuable unless you're:

• an A. Dougherty collector
  • a pinochle player/collector
  • or if you're looking to start collecting older decks

Make an offer, and see what happens...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:04:19 PM by Lee Asher »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
I'm looking to begin my vintage deck collection. I'd be interested, but I doubt anything I have would be of equal value. I have a ton of modern decks, and if you're really looking to get just about anything for the deck, there's bound to be something of interest. I'm also rated pretty highly on the Trader Testimonials board.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
I'm looking to begin my vintage deck collection. I'd be interested, but I doubt anything I have would be of equal value. I have a ton of modern decks, and if you're really looking to get just about anything for the deck, there's bound to be something of interest.

Nice! Let's start talking. Throw out a few deck names that you think I should have in my collection. Something is bound to stick.

I'm also rated pretty highly on the Trader Testimonials board.

Nice. I will have to look further into that. I assume if we were to make a trade, we'd also write testimonials once the transaction is complete. Yes?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:26:54 PM by Lee Asher »

Jonathan

• Forum Regular

I tried to keep it broad to spark discussion. But I understand what you mean about detail and making it easier, so I will narrow things down a bit to help you. Kickstarter, CARC, D&D, T11, E, HOPC, USPC, etc. Basically anything custom made within the last 10 years.

Nice! Let's start talking. Throw out a few deck names that you think I should have in my collection. Something is bound to stick.

Hahaha that didn't narrow it down any :P. (I'm not as leet as you, I can't quote, comment, quote, comment I can only quote one block and reply all at once XD.

I'm glad to see you found a stateside trader :D.

As for decks that I think you should have in your collection, I don't know what your tastes are/what you're looking for in a deck, or what you currently have in your collection but maybe try this forum topic?
http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/decks-with-complete-customisation/

A lot of the decks mentioned in that thread are beautiful (because if you're going for a custom deck, why have standard courts right?)

If that thread is tl;dr these are a few custom decks that I like off the top of my head (this only includes decks I've personally seen/handled in real life, so other designers out there, please don't be offended if I don't mention yours - it probably means I don't have it ... yet, or I have it and can't bear to open it):
Black JAQK from T11
Uusi Blue bloods
Medallions from T11
Arcanes and artifices from Ellusionist (not going to name a particular colour but there are... LOTS)

That's a small start :D; like I said it depends on what you're looking for - nice art, good handling, an interesting story behind the deck's creation, cool reveals, and/or rarity of the deck.

Cheers,
Jon

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I've sent you a PM Mr Asher :)
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I chuckle a little seeing your comment about the 25 posts to get to the STISO board. It makes me wonder what Don/Admin would have said/done had you posted this before 25 posts :D.

He would have probably sent me the standard 'you need 25 posts' letter, like he's supposed to. My diplomatic immunity doesn't extend that far.

Just ask Tom - I stopped him from posting a sales topic before he met the minimums!  I make no exceptions, because the moment someone gets one, EVERYONE will want one.  :))

I don't usually interject into an STISO topic like I'm doing now, but guys - everyone's tiptoeing around the topic of what the deck's worth and I don't see any offers being made!  Make the man an offer!  He's stated he's open to hearing everything.

Not every offer you run into is strictly about something's cash value - it can simply be about someone wanting to make a deal and being willing to part with something nice to get something else they desire, end of story.  Go ahead and offer him something!  If you don't, I might have to, and I'm not even a pinochle deck collector!  :))

Beyond that, please remember the rule in regards to making serious offers - while chatter and tangents are fine on all the other boards, I keep this one more business-like and don't permit cross-talk on anything not directly related to the sale/trade made, or any posts by someone not seriously interested in participating in the offer.  Feel free to contact Lee in PM with miscellaneous questions or create a new topic elsewhere for tangents.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:06:09 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
In discussion with MydNyghte right now.

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Looks like I got here late. :( Let me know if these fall trough Ill take the the Tally Ho
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
In discussion with MydNyghte right now.

UPDATE: MydNyghte and I have come to an agreement. So far, so good!

Our decks goes in the mail tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:03:10 PM by Lee Asher »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:

Black JAQK from T11
Uusi Blue bloods
Medallions from T11
Arcanes and artifices from Ellusionist (not going to name a particular colour but there are... LOTS)

Thanks Jon. Good selection & tips. I'm aware of all of the decks you've listed. Not sure if you know but I was one of the original T11 artists, and I was also one of the main Ellusionist artists for the initial Arcane launch.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:11:53 PM by Lee Asher »

Jonathan

• Forum Regular

Black JAQK from T11
Uusi Blue bloods
Medallions from T11

Thanks Jon. Good selection & tips. I'm aware of all of the decks you've listed. Not sure if you know but I was one of the original T11 artists, and I was also one of the main Ellusionist artists for the initial Arcane launch.

No worries Lee.
Holy s%&^ ummmm lol? All I knew is that you are a legend and you sell J Nuggs in some sort of really popular annual online event thing.
OBVIOUSLY I'm new... very new to card collecting and magic and still have plenty plenty to learn XD :D.

On another note.
Ha! I knew Jackson would've been interested :D.
Sorry Don -.- I'm a chatty kind of guy XD. But I did make a serious offer! I offered to be the off state fall back if Lee couldn't find anyone :D.

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
Trade completed successfully by both parties.