« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »

jwats01

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
  • I really like cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Just wanted to add a good word for the folks at Conjuring Arts. I know this is a bit off-topic, and sorry, but it also seems to fit the conversation. I realized while reading this I never went back to post this (and apologies, as I really meant to!):

Bill and company are a stand up organization in my eyes. They swiftly took care of the broken cello issue with the Jerry's deck I got from them. I find it very rare to find great customer service these days, but CARC delivers that old school style of customer service I love and wish I could still get everywhere.

I'm a customer for life. The fact that they are non-profit is a huge bonus!

Cheers!
Check out every Kickstarter Deck project - current & archived along with some great Deck designer/artist interviews:

http://www.phillycardco.com

Re: Owl Eyes (Expert PCC) at CARC - black, blue, purple
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 01:01:14 PM »

no-zero

• Newcomer
Hi everyone! I am pleased to say that www.no-zero.net is now officially live and accepting orders for all 3 colours worldwide. Some of you may have noticed that the site was live a few times in the last few days, but that was only for some testing and the prices on there were not correct. The site is correct and live now.

I’d like to clarify a few points here. First, when I say that the deck was 3 years in the making, I do not mean that the specific art for this deck took 3 years. I went back and forth with the artist for a period of three years trying out different design concepts. We literally did about 50 different designs before settling on the Owl Eyes theme.  Within the Owl Eyes theme we did about 15 different variations. One of the other reasons it took so long is because al of the elements were hand drawn.

Finding the company took a long time too. The Owl Eyes were indeed printed by a Taiwanese factory. We went through a very large number of card manufacturers around the world before finding the company we used. It so happens that we used the same manufacturers as Expert Playing Cards and Legends Playing Cards uses. I would like to clarify that they were printed independently of CARC even though they are selling some. 

I would like to apologise for any confusion as to the numbers produced. There were indeed more than 1,000 of each colour produced. I asked Bill to change the original text to make it clear that he only had approximately 1,000 decks and that this figure did not represent the total number in existence.  He changed it to say that he did not know how many other decks would be released. I also have approximately 1,000 of each colour to sell.

I want to be as transparent and as helpful as possible, so if people have any questions, or any issues with the site, please email info@no-zero.net. I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Re: Owl Eyes Playing Cards - black, blue, purple
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 08:52:20 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks for stopping in and helping clarify the situation.  I've updated the topic title to reflect this new information.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 03:08:13 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
If you bought the black and blue decks from CARC , looks like free shipping on the upcoming red deck. Cool

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2014, 04:13:57 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
  • "Simul iustus et peccator"
just curious, why does the title say "purple?" no-zero & conjuring arts say it's "deep scarlet" And according to wikipedia "Scarlet is a bright red with a slightly orange tinge."
More Magic and Deck Reviews https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
If you look at the pic, I would say they are wine red  so closer to purple than Red.  Don changed the title a while back and I assume he has a deck in hand. But whatever I guess hehe

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2014, 12:28:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
If you look at the pic, I would say they are wine red  so closer to purple than Red.  Don changed the title a while back and I assume he has a deck in hand. But whatever I guess hehe

Seen them.  Purple.  Not red.  But whatever makes Marketing happy, I guess...

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2014, 02:07:31 AM »

no-zero

• Newcomer
Hey everyone, I am happy to announce the US shipping is now free for all decks on www.no-zero.net.! For any questions, please contact us at info@no-zero.net

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2014, 11:57:05 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey everyone, I am happy to announce the US shipping is now free for all decks on www.no-zero.net.! For any questions, please contact us at info@no-zero.net

...and he's offering price discounts if you buy in larger quantities.
3 decks gets you 5% off.
6 decks gets you 10% off.
12 decks gets you 20% off.

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 01:44:36 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

...and he's offering price discounts if you buy in larger quantities.
3 decks gets you 5% off.
6 decks gets you 10% off.
12 decks gets you 20% off.

Nice cards. With 20% off, it's still a plus $100 brick. Free shipping helps but It's not quite a $10+ deck for me.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:02:22 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2014, 02:23:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Nice cards. With 20% off, it's still a plus $100 brick. Free shipping helps but It's not quite a $10+ deck for me.

It's $105.12 for a brick after discount, which divides out to a per-deck cost of $8.76, not $10+.  Compared to other decks not just from Kickstarter but from other major deck design companies like Ellusionist, Theory11, et al., that's a very competitive price for a deck with shipping included.

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2014, 02:42:08 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

It's $105.12 for a brick after discount, which divides out to a per-deck cost of $8.76, not $10+.  Compared to other decks not just from Kickstarter but from other major deck design companies like Ellusionist, Theory11, et al., that's a very competitive price for a deck with shipping included.

Dollars and Cents. Theory11 and E offer discounts also (as you know). With shipping, I've never paid more then $85 for a brick. No one said I had to buy a brick. I have to draw the line somewhere. Pull back on those horse reins and get this wagon (deck prices) under control.

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2014, 05:42:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Dollars and Cents. Theory11 and E offer discounts also (as you know). With shipping, I've never paid more then $85 for a brick. No one said I had to buy a brick. I have to draw the line somewhere. Pull back on those horse reins and get this wagon (deck prices) under control.

Compared to what people are typically paying on Kickstarter these days, these decks ARE a bargain!

But yes, I do understand your sentiments about rising prices in the custom deck market.  I find it difficult to disagree.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 05:45:27 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2014, 01:39:35 AM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I just got a deck delivered that I bought on eBay. The Queen of Hearts isn't symmetric -- the flower she's holding isn't colored.
Mistake or gag?

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I just got a deck delivered that I bought on eBay. The Queen of Hearts isn't symmetric -- the flower she's holding isn't colored.
Mistake or gag?

My guess would be that it's deliberate. If you check the pagefor owl eyes deck at LegendsPlayingCards.com, it says that sharp eyes will be able to find secrets hidden in the deck.

I think it's a pretty cool, and relatively discrete one way marking :)
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!