Author (Read 48261 times)

Re: NEW DECK- Black Crown Deck
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2011, 02:57:35 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
The Black crowns are gone as well as the clip with their logo on it. Also, CBJ, how do you manage to stay on top of anything?!

I have no life.. lol

:)
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2011, 02:59:11 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2011, 03:10:08 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Huh, I didn't see them when I checked

Man, I'm making all the wrong choices. First, I sold my White Lions, and now I have already bought a Porper clip, just great!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2011, 05:09:14 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Isn't the site crashed and no one can get them.
And suddenly it's gone out of stock?
(I didn't be there, just check once in a while with iPhone cause I was busy that time.

« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2011, 08:12:59 AM »

vmagic

Well I think I managed to get some Black Crowns before the site crashed but I can't see my order on their website, I do however have a confirmation email. There wasn't many issues when I went jumped on the site other than it was slightly slower than usual and they didn't have the items at first.

« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2011, 09:23:07 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hi everyone.  We'll make a more in-depth post later on, but I wanted to pop in briefly this morning.

First off, thanks to everyone for your support! We know that things with the launch didn't go 100% smoothly, but rest assured, we will be working non-stop until things get resolved.

Of course the crazy shipping rates were a glitch.  We're crazy, but not that crazy!  Problems are being resolved quickly, and all emails will be addressed.

If you have a problem with your order, the best thing to do is email shipping {at} thebluecrown.com (in a standard email address format) to make sure you're taken care of.  We appreciate feedback on Facebook and on the forums, but going through official email channels is the best way to ensure that things are being dealt with in the quickest way possible.

Overall, the site was down for a very short period of time. The Black Crowns and some other items were pulled during the outage, so they definitely did not go out of stock while the site was down.

I can not emphasize enough how many sleepless hours Alex, our webmaster Nick, and the rest of the team have been putting in to make everything as smooth as possible and to resolve any problems quickly.  These guys strive for perfection and will not rest until everything is right.

Back later...
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2011, 01:49:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Are they based in Canada or something? How are you guys getting shipping so cheaply. I tried half a brick just now shipped domestically and getting it in any time span under ten days was over $100...
I actually discovered they're based practically in my neighborhood!  I could probably drive to Blue Crown in about 15 minutes - they're in Rego Park, which is a neighborhood in Queens, which is a borough of NYC.
NYC is correct. I live 2 hrs away from there. I'd rather drive to their warehouse and pick them up myself.
We should meet sometime!

I bought a brick very early - it might have had something to do with my proximity to their servers that allowed me to get in.  Also three each of the v2 colors.  Total shipping by Priority Mail is only $8.10.

It would seem I was one of the lucky ones.

A few of you here got shut out; I might be willing to make a very reasonable deal, cheaper than you'll find on eBay.  PM me and we'll talk.

Part of the reason I got the brick was to resell some, but I don't mind parting with them for below after-market.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2011, 02:14:47 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
TBC is in Rego Park? Tofu! I have family there, and hang out there for weeks every year. Small world.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2011, 03:27:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
TBC is in Rego Park? Tofu! I have family there, and hang out there for weeks every year. Small world.

No kidding.  I was stunned to find out.  I knew they were NYC based by the area code - it's usually assigned to cellphones but there's so much crossover between the five overlapping area codes here that anything's possible.

When you visit your family, give me a shout and we can grab a bite somewhere.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2011, 04:53:51 AM »

Atheosile

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Wish I now know the shipping rates were glitches...I was unaware, although I thought something wasn't right here. Missed out on the Black Crown deck, no biggie, I will pick some up from someone along the line, lol. Really want some Porper Clips but funds are too tight. Congrats to everyone who got was they wanted and sorry to those who's transactions were not as smooth :/

« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
WAIT! I live about half an hour from Rego Park, if we all meet up at one time i want to join.

Back to on topic.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:05:18 AM by john »
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2011, 02:54:11 PM »

alexpandrea

• Newcomer
Whats up fellas!

Just a quick update for any curious - There was a definite glitch in the shipping that went two ways - some people were overcharged for shipping, and some people were undercharged. this happened only with orders before the site went down. We are going through each of those orders and recalculating the shipping costs.

We have NO idea why this happened yet - might have been thousands of people trying to access shipping quotes at the same time? Tech is still working on this to figure it out.

Anywayyy, the majority of the team is located in Rego Park - however our warehouse is in New Jersey.

For those of you around the area, I am randomly at Tannens or Fantasma if anyone wants to meet up!

Alex^

« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2011, 03:27:45 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
I think I got charged less for shipping.Since some got charged less and some more, you can leave it the way it is, it all equals out in the end. :D

« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2011, 03:36:42 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos

Anywayyy, the majority of the team is located in Rego Park - however our warehouse is in New Jersey.

Alex^

I live in New Jersey, where are they, I may start an occupy camp. :P
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2011, 03:37:33 PM »

alexpandrea

• Newcomer
Haha, that would certainly be easier. We have to take care of our customers :)

What is really upsetting are the people email us after hearing the chatter on facebook/forums demanding to refund them money when they paid $5 shipping to who knows where! Lol, really?

So all in all we'll get everything done - are we going to lose money? yup ...are our customers going to be happy? I really hope so! That's all we want :)

Alex^

« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
You guys didn't revert the $5 shipping orders to international companies? Good job. :P

I almost had 24 decks, and then saw the $700 shipping and decided to wait, and by the time the site was up, the decks were gone.

Anyway, I'll probably just put on a mask and rob your homes this winter while I'm staying in your neighborhood.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Anyway, I'll probably just put on a mask and rob your homes this winter while I'm staying in your neighborhood.

I love you too Alex.

Maybe if you like I could trade you one of mine for something if the time comes and you really want them.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2011, 04:00:46 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

I love you too Alex.

Maybe if you like I could trade you one of mine for something if the time comes and you really want them.

I was honestly just going to get them to resell and break even on the purchase during the Holiday Sale this week, and maybe keep one for myself.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2011, 02:18:12 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2011, 02:22:18 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I knew I should of ordered more, but whatever. I'm just happy I bought some.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Shoot.  I didnt even get a chance to grab one.  Guess I will have to wait and see if I can get one further down the road.
- Adam

« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2011, 04:56:35 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Dang. I missed out too. Oh well, let's hope I can find a website that doesn't sell them for too much, eh?
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2011, 05:11:07 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Dang. I missed out too. Oh well, let's hope I can find a website that doesn't sell them for too much, eh?
Shoot.  I didnt even get a chance to grab one.  Guess I will have to wait and see if I can get one further down the road.
They're on ebay and I'm sure more will be on ebay once people start receiving their decks

« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2011, 05:28:12 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yeah, but the price is ridiculous. I don't know, I might end up buying some at some point. But I doubt it.
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2011, 06:12:40 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Yeah, but the price is ridiculous. I don't know, I might end up buying some at some point. But I doubt it.
  Looks like the two of us are gonna have to become ebay shoppers.  But I agree, I dont really wanna spend a butt load on them.
- Adam