« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2011, 07:39:22 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yeah, but the price is ridiculous. I don't know, I might end up buying some at some point. But I doubt it.
  Looks like the two of us are gonna have to become ebay shoppers.  But I agree, I dont really wanna spend a butt load on them.
Exactly; although these are obviously collector's decks, and I'm a collector, I just don't really have money to throw around at the moment.
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

Re: NEW DECK- Black Crown Deck
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2011, 08:43:20 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
Yeah,I'm wondering if we get a email when the black crown orders are shipped.
Its insane for what the price is running right now.
Those are not Red Artifice where everyone could only order 12 decks....so can't really understand that high pricing.
I think they will be in the hands of some dealers soon and then the 2nd market prices will be 10-15USD,
which is affordable. ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 08:44:46 PM by cosmicsecret »
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2011, 11:49:18 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Yeah,I'm wondering if we get a email when the black crown orders are shipped.
Its insane for what the price is running right now.
Those are not Red Artifice where everyone could only order 12 decks....so can't really understand that high pricing.
I think they will be in the hands of some dealers soon and then the 2nd market prices will be 10-15USD,
which is affordable. ;)
no wrong it best you get from the website itself .. i saw on ebay they are selling in for 30usd and i saw a rare seller that sell alot of rare stuff has a bidding for 1 brick of black crown and that is also 200usd+

« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2011, 01:03:27 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'm surprised it's going for that much, it's going to almost double price!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2011, 01:43:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So these are going for quite the mark-up on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Crown-Deck-playing-cards-Blue-Crown-RARE-Dan-Dave-Theory-11-/200682582571?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb99d322b

$35 sold 4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Crown-BLACK-CROWN-playing-cards-1-deck-dan-dave-ellusionist-theory11-/250942306995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3a6d53bab3

$25 sold 4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Crown-BLACK-CROWN-Playing-Cards-ONE-BRICK-Pre-order-/110784165793?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cb4037a1

A brick for $215 and still climbing

People don't even have these in their hands, crazy.

CBJ

Notice all the whacked-out key words the first two tossed into their titles, in order to get the most hits for their auction in keyword searches...

Isn't it against the Terms of Use to sell an item you don't even yet possess?  I mean, the plane shipping the cards could blow up on the tarmac or something, or there could be a fire at the shipping company's warehouse - then what do you do?  You've just sold vaporware...  "For sale, one Black Crown deck, looks a like like a puff from a Pure Smoke machine..."

It doesn't surprise me that the price shot up, but it's too hard to say what the real value is until the market stabilizes.  It's the same thing that happens after E runs a special deal on Gold Arcanes - the market gets flooded with them and the price drops.  Within a few weeks, the market stabilizes and the prices go back to about where they were before, maybe only a little less due to some satiated demand.

In other words, I suspect these will go up in value/sale price, not down.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #180 on: December 04, 2011, 03:29:29 AM »

alexpandrea

• Newcomer
Hey guys

Just wanted to come on here and personally say how sorry I am that it is taking so long to process all your orders. Believe me when I say we are working very hard to get things arranged. We have had problems from the web development of the site, to the shipping department and warehouse, to the actual orders in our store's back-end - but everything is getting fixed, so rest assured that nothing is wrong with your order and everyone will get the cards!

Everyone who ordered a black deck will be receiving an email at the beginning of the week with the status of their order, so it really shouldn't be much longer.

Thanks so much for all the patience. Any other questions feel free to message me on facebook or pm me here I guess, so I can personally check up on things for you rather than emailing the shipping department since they are packed and would probably take a while to get back to you. Thanks!!

Alex^

« Reply #181 on: December 04, 2011, 03:33:34 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Welcome to this board. Alex.
I believe we all understand your situation.
Even if you guys at the blue crown are very busy.
But your customer service is very good.
Thanks for what you guys have done.

« Reply #182 on: December 04, 2011, 03:59:03 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Hey Alex, don't worry about apologizing to us. I'm sure most people, well I, know what your going through. Just ease it out and everything should end up clear. Best Wishes.

« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2011, 09:28:40 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
hi alex :D dun worry i will wait as long as i will receive my black crown :)

« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Does anybody know if there is a distinct way to determine the difference between the first blue crown decks and the new V2's that they released?
- Adam

« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2011, 09:44:26 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Does anybody know if there is a distinct way to determine the difference between the first blue crown decks and the new V2's that they released?

The v2 boxes are embossed, and the cards have shadowing.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2011, 09:46:31 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Ahh, ok.  Do you happen to have any of the V2's loldude?  If so, how do you like them?
- Adam

« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2011, 09:49:27 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Ahh, ok.  Do you happen to have any of the V2's loldude?  If so, how do you like them?
The V2 cards are the same as V1 except for the shadowing on the backs so I would assume they handle the same as the V1 which would me they handle very very well!

« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

Actually no, I held off on buying them. My philosophy right now is to buy the rare cards that I want, like the Black Crowns and such, and when I get more money, I will buy the more abundant decks that I want, but they really do look nice.

I have never owned a crown deck, and I am looking forward to the Black Crowns, and if I like them enough, I will buy the other colors.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2011, 10:38:30 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
@ezstreet - Sweet!  I figured that the V2's would be just as good if not better than the originals.  Thanks for your help.
@loldude - Sounds like your in the same situation as me.  I am card collector as well and I love the rare decks.  While I do have each color of the original crown decks, I do not have any of the V2's.  I really really want a black crown deck like you.  So my choices are either ebay.  Or buy enough of the V2's on there website so I can get a free black crown deck.  Just don't know how I wanna play it out yet.
- Adam

« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2011, 02:42:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
@ezstreet - Sweet!  I figured that the V2's would be just as good if not better than the originals.  Thanks for your help.
@loldude - Sounds like your in the same situation as me.  I am card collector as well and I love the rare decks.  While I do have each color of the original crown decks, I do not have any of the V2's.  I really really want a black crown deck like you.  So my choices are either ebay.  Or buy enough of the V2's on there website so I can get a free black crown deck.  Just don't know how I wanna play it out yet.

If you get the v2 decks (and perhaps some other cool magic or accessories) from BC to get the Black Crowns, the Black Crowns are the icing on the cake - free.  Why pay eBay prices?  Plus, aren't they having a cool holiday contest as well, with loads of great prizes?  You don't get a chance to win anything more than the Black Crowns if you buy them on eBay.

« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2011, 04:07:55 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The $200 is kind of high price to pay. I know you will get other things too, but right now the blue crown shop doesn't contain many things to buy.

« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2011, 05:41:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
T-shirts, magic downloads, props...  Seems like there's enough there if you really wanted a deck.

The math is simple.

Buy on eBay: pay eBay price: get one deck.

Buy on BC: purchase $200 of merch to get free deck: get $200 of merch plus free deck.

If he was there earlier today he could have ordered a load of white Arrcos on the shopping cart to go with the v2 Crowns and crossed the $200 line very quickly.  Those Arrcos will sell quickly, I feel - BC's already out and NYMP sold off nearly a thousand when I checked a little while ago.  I doubt they're going to last through the weekend.

« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2011, 05:48:15 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah free black crown decks on top of all that merchandise is awesome! But I would just wait and get one or two on ebay if I were Knobz. I wouldn't drop that much money in order to get black crowns.

I'm pretty amazed at how many people have made big buys lately, or at least it seems that way from what I've heard here on the Discourse. I've been trying to play it smart with all the new releases. I got some Black Crowns, The Vortex deck, and some White Arrcos. I didn't do any of the big deals for white cents. or brown wynns. I've been trying to save up for some of the releases coming up.

To stay on topic, I can't wait to get my black crowns. Hopefully they get everything sorted out and the decks get shipped soon. I would laugh if my White Arrcos got here before the Black Crowns did.  ;)
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2011, 03:45:43 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Anyone receive they're Black Crowns yet? I still haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation!

« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2011, 03:55:34 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Anyone receive they're Black Crowns yet? I still haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation!

No, but I got an email the other day saying that due to crazy amounts of purchases, there shipping has been slightly delayed, but should all be shipped by the en of this week.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
got a shipping confirmation already on my Arccos.  I sent them an email about the black crowns but no response yet.

« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
got a shipping confirmation already on my Arccos.  I sent them an email about the black crowns but no response yet.

Somebody from the Blue Crown was on here a few days ago and said that they were a little overwhelmed with the orders and they are trying to get it sorted out. They should have it sorted out in the next couple days I'm sure

« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

I haven't gotten mine yet, I don't know what is wrong.

T-shirts, magic downloads, props...  Seems like there's enough there if you really wanted a deck.

The math is simple.

Buy on eBay: pay eBay price: get one deck.

Buy on BC: purchase $200 of merch to get free deck: get $200 of merch plus free deck.

If he was there earlier today he could have ordered a load of white Arrcos on the shopping cart to go with the v2 Crowns and crossed the $200 line very quickly.  Those Arrcos will sell quickly, I feel - BC's already out and NYMP sold off nearly a thousand when I checked a little while ago.  I doubt they're going to last through the weekend.

Sounds like your a BC Sponsor. Haha!

« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2011, 11:54:40 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I just got an email about my order and here's what it said...

"Hello!

First off, we would like to thank you very much for your purchase of The Crown Deck - Black Edition! You are amongst the very few who got your hands on them - and we can assure you - they won't dissapoint!

We would also like to say how sorry we are that it is taking so long to process all your orders. The overwhelming amount of orders, along with other major problems (on our part) with our store backed us up quite a bit. Believe us when we say we are working very hard to get things arranged. We have had problems from the web development of the site, to the shipping department and warehouse (and also moving to a new warehouse), to the actual orders in our store's back-end - but everything is getting fixed, so rest assured that nothing is wrong with your order and everyone will get the cards!

If you are still waiting for your order to be processed, you won't wait much longer. Now that everything is getting settled in our new and improved warehouse, it shouldn't be much longer!

Thanks so much for all the patience, and if you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us! We are here to help!

The Blue Crown team
www.thebluecrown.com"

so those of you who are still waiting like me, here's what's up!  :)