Jason Brumbalow's "Run"

Author (Read 13960 times)

Re: Jason Brumbalow's "Run"
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Mine have arrived! =)

Tuck is amazing - foil is beautiful, as is the more subtle design in the background... I'm still not sold on the side opening tuck - the flap feels more "flimsy" just because the card isn't thicker but the surface area is wider, so the flap is less rigid... I prefer traditional vertical opening tucks still... Other than that though, tuck is amazing.

Deck is nice, but not as nice as the tuck, in my opinion...=P Maybe it's just me, but the white borders look a bit thick... Handling is great, and for some reason, even though I usually suck at fans, I could fan this deck right out of the box! Weird, but cool...=P

Lastly, the slip case. Really cool idea, and decent execution, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed compared to the (admittedly unrealistic) image I had in my mind of what it'd be like... I'd say the execution is 7/10 and the materials maybe 8/10... The reason I say my expectations were unrealistic is because these had to be mass produced in the tens of thousands, so obviously there's a limit to the level of detail in terms of execution.

Overall I'm happy with the deck and I'm glad I bought it, but not blown away...

PS: I only opened the regular edition... I assume the Bankroll and Heat editions are identical but for color. It'd have been cool if the rarer two versions had additional "perks" as they step up in price and rarity, but again, probably not a realistic expectation...