You are Here:
Bicycle Ultimate Universe from Gambler's Warehouse (KS)

Author (Read 6850 times)

Re: Bicycle Ultimate Universe from Gambler's Warehouse (KS)
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 11:55:58 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I really like the back of the greyscale deck, but wish there was a bit more color on the faces.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 12:32:42 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Color Mini deck is unlocked today, Chibi. I don't know if they'll release a BW chibi, possibly. Gamblers handles the printing of the mini's in house so they'll be decent quality. Don't be scared of the lil cute deck haha. Mini decks actually come in handy in my experience.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 03:16:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I really like the back of the greyscale deck, but wish there was a bit more color on the faces.

So what you're saying is that you like the back of the GREYSCALE deck, but wish it wasn't just GREYSCALE on the front?

I think you're looking for the color deck.  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 09:42:58 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
But the greyscale back pops more imo. I like it better. The color one is to much for me.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 11:15:01 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
But the greyscale back pops more imo. I like it better. The color one is to much for me.

I can't wait to do a card spin with the colorful deck myself, I think it's going to look pretty sharp. BW too for that matter. Also think a big fan with the colorful deck will be nice. I can understand how the colorful deck may be a bit too much though, four color suits aren't everyones cup of tea. They can take a little getting used to for games and aren't often trick happy decks. I think this deck is a little easier for games like solitaire and are not at all a problem for basics like blackjack. Poker they're pretty friendly for that too in my opinion. The indices and pips are very clean and clear.

One thing I can say, renders never do the actual card justice. They're always better looking when the deck is in front of you. (Cue someone to bring up an earlier in the year MPC deck that proves that statement wrong haha. I know what you're thinking but these aren't those and not an MPC deck. ;p)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
It just feels like there is to much there for me. Also I could not see myself ever using them.

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2014, 06:39:57 PM »

GamblersWarehouse

• www.gamblerswarehouse.com
New stretch goal announced!

New 15k Stretch Goal for Ultimate Universe!-- These gorgeous and durable Hand Crafted Box Sets contain both your Grayscale Edition, Colored Edition and your Chibi Deck inside. PLUS they come with a numbered, personalized, Signature Edition Card signed by the artist, Junichi Tsuneoka!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/207925240/bicycle-ultimate-universe-playing-cards/posts/1065491

Playing Cards Assortment with Best Quality and Service from  http://www.playingcards.net

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2014, 07:57:42 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Made a suggestion on the KS msg system about the box. I think this wooden box is suited very well for an old west style deck of cards, not so much for the UU decks. I do love hand crafted items, don't get me wrong. Just flavor and theme wise I don't think it fits the UU decks.

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 08:38:01 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Made a suggestion on the KS msg system about the box. I think this wooden box is suited very well for an old west style deck of cards, not so much for the UU decks. I do love hand crafted items, don't get me wrong. Just flavor and theme wise I don't think it fits the UU decks.

Agreed - not a fan of the box at all... Love the decks, but the box just doesn't seem to fit at all...

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 06:41:28 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Friendly reminder. UU is about to finish it's funding campaign. SIX HOURS LEFT.

There are UBs available, including ONE EB available for the two uncuts and two decks pledge. Hope you snag it if you wanted it.  :D