You are Here:
PRISM: Night playing cards; Christmas Sale - Coupon inside

Author (Read 6910 times)

Fud

• Elite Member
  • Life's too short for boring playing cards
Hi Everyone,

The Prism cards are well into production so we're having an Early Christmas Sale! Pick up your Christmas presents for 25% off at the EPC store:

http://www.elephantplayingcards.com.

Just use promo code: 'xmas25' for 25% off everything! That includes decks, uncuts, promo's and posters :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:57:05 AM by Fud »

Re: PRISM: Night playing cards; launching soon!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 07:21:51 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Looking good mate  :D

Btw what finish are you getting on this deck?
and who will be doing the fulfilment?
Back for more

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 07:29:37 AM »

Fud

• Elite Member
The finish will be 'holographic ink' from LPCC - it is similar to MPC's 'impressions' (which is what the prototype is), but slightly thinner and neater, and has a bit of a rainbow shine to it. The fulfillment will also be through LPCC - keeping it in house makes sense to me to reduce possible delays and issues.

I've also fixed up the project picture - I'll be updating the kickstarter link shortly, and taking any and all comments before it goes live in a few days. Stay posted!

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 02:17:41 PM »

The knave

• Newcomer
I posted some suggestions on the feedback on the kickstarter mockup page. There is a lot. I am only trying to make your project better and easier to understand. Hope my critique is helpful. Good luck.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 11:31:07 PM »

Fud

• Elite Member
Thanks for your comments. You are right - there were a lot of them! But I really appreciate you taking the time to go through it all thoroughly. As a first kickstarter campaign, experienced advice like that is invaluable. I'll go through the page updating for your comments and get the ball rolling!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 01:06:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi Guys,

The Prism: Night playing cards are finally ready for kickstarter! There is just one thing left - take a better project image. I'm getting onto that tomorrow, but for now, please have a look at the kickstarter page and let me know if there is anything I should change before it goes live!

Super excited!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/585926215/866448597?token=fe090035

Fud

The biggest, most important piece of advice I could give you right now would be to CHANGE THAT COMPANY NAME.  I don't know about Australia, but in the US, it's an acronym meaning "fear, uncertainty and doubt" - a tech industry phrase for the sensation people get when leaving the known (a particular operating system or brand of gadget) and switching to a different one.  FUD is something that tech marketers will prey upon when trying to prevent you from switching.

Second piece of advice - make the page a bit shorter.  There's a LOT to scroll through there.

Third piece of advice - ditch the reward with TWO uncut sheets.  I've never seen ANYONE buy two uncut sheets!  How many walls do you think most people have?  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 02:56:39 AM »

Fud

• Elite Member
We are READY TO GO!!!

Re: PRISM: Night playing cards; Kickstarting Friday 22nd May!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 09:01:09 AM »

Fud

• Elite Member
Prism: Night is now LIVE ON KICKSTARTER!

Please visit, buy a box, and get behind this great creation!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/585926215/prism-night-playing-cards

Re: PRISM: Night playing cards; NOW LIVE ON KICKSTARTER!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 07:31:42 PM »

chas0039

• Forum Regular
Nuts, AU time zones and I missed the early bird.  $14 is a bit too high.

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 01:37:06 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It does look high, but consider that a deck like this, printed in this manner, tends to fetch an even higher premium than this.  I think it's worth the price.

Glad you took my advice, "Fud"!

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 03:53:23 PM »

chas0039

• Forum Regular
They may get me yet.  The more I look at it...

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »

Fud

• Elite Member
They may get me yet.  The more I look at it...

Trust me, they are awesome! As I said in the campaign - the pictures don't do the actual cards justice - every angle has a different shine to it. I am really looking forward to getting the uncuts - if the individual cards look that good, they will be really awesome all together in a nice frame hanging on my wall :)

I also have a deck review in the works from Victor Jose - should be up in a week or so hopefully. With that you'll be able to see even more clearly the shine of the gloss and how it handles in real life!

And thanks for the comments Don. You were right - this name is much better :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:52:47 PM by Fud »

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 04:51:16 PM »

Fud

• Elite Member
Check out the article Jyl was kind enough to write for Prism: Night playing card!

http://icollectplayingcards.com/prism-night-playing-cards-on-kickstarter-now

And keep tuned for a deck review by Victor Jose soon :)

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 10:23:48 PM »

Fud

• Elite Member
New article out by Ivan at Kardify!

http://www.kardify.com/2015/06/kickstarter-7-questions-with-ben-jones.html

And we're at 40%! Great start, slowing down a bit towards the middle, need everyone's help to share this around for a strong finish!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/585926215/prism-night-playing-cards

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 10:47:42 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I thought I had backed this one already - just did now, for two decks.

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 07:19:34 AM »

Fud

• Elite Member
Thanks Don! If you are backing it, that means a lot :)

Unfortunately, Prism: Night playing cards looks to have stalled out around 40% with less than half the time left for funding. I'm fairly certain this won't fund this time around, and would like to know from the experienced people what the best way forward would be?

From my perspective it looks like the decks were priced a bit high and the goal was too high. My preference would be to cancel funding now, adjust a few things, lower the price slightly and the goal substantially, and relaunch in a few days. Would this be a good move, or would waiting until it doesn't fund at the full period be best?

Any advice would be helpful here :)

Thanks

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 08:46:29 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Thanks Don! If you are backing it, that means a lot :)

Unfortunately, Prism: Night playing cards looks to have stalled out around 40% with less than half the time left for funding. I'm fairly certain this won't fund this time around, and would like to know from the experienced people what the best way forward would be?

From my perspective it looks like the decks were priced a bit high and the goal was too high. My preference would be to cancel funding now, adjust a few things, lower the price slightly and the goal substantially, and relaunch in a few days. Would this be a good move, or would waiting until it doesn't fund at the full period be best?

Any advice would be helpful here :)

Thanks

It used to be considered a big deal when someone canceled a project midway, like a vote of no confidence in the project by its creator.  These days, I don't think people fret so much over it - it's become commonplace for stalled projects to get cut short early and restarted.  Just be certain that the newer, lower numbers will allow you enough of a margin for error in terms of getting your project made without running out of cash.  Promotions might help as well - give backers greater incentive to back at higher levels, perhaps with sharper discounts, or free decks if they refer new backers.

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 10:24:17 PM »

Fud

• Elite Member
Hi everyone,

I am sad to say that I will be cancelling funding for the Prism: Night campaign short of the project dead line. The reasons for this are mainly because I feel that I have set the project goal too high, and the price per deck was just out of some backer’s reach. That being said, I want to sincerely thank everyone who has supported this project; it really means a lot to me that over 200 people think this project is worth funding! Thank you!

The good news!

During the last few weeks we have been analyzing the project; looking for ways to make it cheaper and more affordable, and I am glad to say that those labors have paid off! Through negotiations with Legends Playing Cards we have been able to drop the price per deck, making it more affordable for everyone! As a result, we will be RELAUNCHING this project soon – Saturday the 20th of June to be exact, with a lower project goal that I am confident that we can meet!

The most common concern about the cards was that they were too expensive per deck – a concern I fully understand. Unfortunately, the reason why there are no other playing card project like this is because adding another layer of special ink across every card face is not cheap. The original project prices included less margin than a ‘regular’ $11 Kickstarter deck, so with the new reduced pricing… well, let’s just say make sure to get them now because you won’t see them this cheap again! These cards are very hard to make work; technically, financially and production wise – so you are guaranteed a very unique product that is unlikely to have anything like it!

Not only have we been able to drop the price of the decks and the overall project funding goal, but we will now be including standard seals to all decks for free! The numbered seals will still be an unlockable stretch goal, but now you get that awesome elephant head on every deck you pledge for!

Finally, you may have noticed that several reviews were published about Prism: Night playing cards throughout the campaign. There are another few more lined up to be released soon and a video deck review by the great Victor Jose coming as well. We will also include a video showcasing these incredible cards and answering some of the more commonly asked questions about them.
In conclusion…

We still have every confidence in this project and are confident that with our incredible backers and adjusted campaign we will be able to successfully fund Prism: Night playing cards and get them our into the world where they belong! I hope you share my excitement for this unique deck, because the finished product will be awesome!

If you would like to stay up to date with the progress and how things are going with the relaunch, we will be posting updates on our social media accounts. We will also be holding regular competitions via Facebook and Twitter with free deck giveaways, so make to visit and follow us to be in with a chance to win!

Again, a huge thank you to everyone who has supported this project so far. This isn’t over, see you very soon!

Ben

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 12:02:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
As a means by which to promote customer loyalty and get your old backers to return, offer them an incentive of some kind, if possible financially.  For example, one possible option would be to give them automatic Early Bird pricing IF AND ONLY IF a) they are on your previous list of backers from the old project and b) they back within the first weekend.  You're in essence extending the Early Bird offer for them to lure them back.  Then fire off a project update to them from the old project, announcing the new project and the incentive.  You'd make a special tier for them alone and lock the tier after the weekend is done (or if everyone re-enlists before the weekend ends).  The drawback would be that if anyone tries to back on that special tier who wasn't a previous backer, you'd have to decline their pledge - but those are probably not the kind of customers you'd want to deal with in the first place.

That's just one possible example.  Others would be things like a free upgrade to the next-better deck (assuming you create more than one version), a free pack of cards for their loyalty (if they pledge at a certain tier or higher), free autographs on request, etc.  Some of those example will cost a few bucks, some won't cost a thing (autographs only cost time and Sharpie ink).

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 01:51:25 AM »

Fud

• Elite Member
I see what you're doing there Don - bumping up past backers eh? :D

But seriously, good idea. The margins are extremely tight with the new pricing structure so I don't think continuous earlybird is an option else I'll be losing money. I'll have a think about it, but free decks for certain pledge tiers seems like a reasonable way to go, and who doesn't like free decks? That would also fix the problem of people trying to get in without having pledged the first time.

I'll be back with some ideas in a few days and a revamped campaign :)

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 07:43:32 AM »

formula

• Where's Jerry?
I'm not sure how these will handle but they look lovely. Looking forward to seeing the relaunch of these and perhaps making a purchase.

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 09:11:42 AM »

chas0039

• Forum Regular
I‘ll be checking back as well.

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 01:58:02 AM »

Fud

• Elite Member
Thanks Guys :)

I've managed to get a few costs down which I have passed onto the backers. Hopefully that makes it affordable enough for everyone :)

I've also got some great surprises, including a new deck and some sweet prizes, but that will be coming soon.

AND I've just done a quick video showing the cards in real life and a bit of a demo of how they handle (nothing fancy at all though). A proper handling review is on its way too :)

Looking forward to the relaunch.

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 04:20:33 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I am also looking forward to your relaunch.. I like it when you get the cost down  :D
Back for more

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2015, 02:49:17 AM »

Fud

• Elite Member
Hi Guys,

I made a short video showing what the Prism: Night playing cards look like in real life. One of the hardest things in this project was to capture what they really look like in a picture, so this video has done a good job solving that problem. The only issue is that the colors have turned out a bit dull :(

Either way, head over the the EPC facebook page to check it out! It might tempt you to pick up a sneaky brick of the Day/Night combo next Saturday :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elephant-Playing-Cards/296110697179310?fref=nf