You are Here:
Greetings and salutations!

Author (Read 532 times)

Greetings and salutations!
« on: September 09, 2015, 08:22:59 PM »

arene1

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
Good evening all. I have recently become a 52PlusJoker member and would like to introduce myself. I have long been a collector, specializing in first editions. I also collect board games but have never before delved into playing cards. This new passion came about quite by accident, it happens.
Growing up in NYC, the only playing cards I ever knew were Tally Ho. This was strictly a Tally Ho town back then; as a youngster I had never even heard of Bicycles or Bees, never mind actually having seen them. Recently, my nieces and nephews asked me to join them in a game of Big 2, with which I was unfamiliar. Noticing that they were playing with cheap, generic cards, I ventured to purchase a better deck for them. I tried CVS, Target, Duane Reade, Walgreens...all they had were Monte Carlo, Bicycle, and Bee. But a quick trip to the internet assured me that Tally Ho still existed and I ordered a pack post-haste. When it arrived, the look, feel, and even smell of the deck brought me instantly back to childhood days and I was hooked.
One of the most rewarding parts of collecting is the scholarship and research involved. And so, I was most pleased to find that this is a field replete with interesting and knowledgeable people who have dedicated themselves to improving our understanding of the past. People like the late, great Mr. Hochman, Tom and Judy Dawson, Don Boyer, and Lee Asher. Thanks for letting me be a part of this fascinating world.

James Murphy

Re: Greetings and salutations!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 02:22:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks for those kind words and welcome to the forum!  If you have questions or need help, please feel free to ask.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Greetings and salutations!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 05:33:30 PM »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
This pleasure is all ours. Again, welcome!

Lee