Usagi Playing Cards: Classic Dots (KS)

Author (Read 2163 times)

Usagi Playing Cards: Classic Dots (KS)
« on: October 14, 2015, 03:18:43 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

Re: Usagi Playing Cards: Classic Dots (KS)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 03:47:02 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Actually really like the simple design here, it has a clean elegance that a lot of modern decks lose. Not sold on the generic pip cards though.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 09:40:13 PM »

Jay Losa

• Forum Regular
Huge fan of these cards and Julian's other designs. If the finished changed from diamond to classic I would increase my pledge from 3 to 6 maybe 12 decks.

I like the simplicity of these, the courts look similar (if not identical) to the smoke and mirrors by DD, not a bad thing. Wish the Ace of Spade incorporated the dots of Japanese. The standard pips and suits are ok with me, my only complain with that is the tone of red used in standard decks. Im a fan of a darker red, like the ones the Monarchs use.

Hope it gets funded. I approve this deck and brand.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 07:26:15 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I really like this deck as well, although I think the red is a great choice here. The simplified courts with bold coloring plays well for my eye, I can't wait to get some in my hands. The Jokers are also a lot of fun. I think the dots on the card back add whimsy to things that while not being overly complicated at all really make this stand out. I'm hopeful this will see it's funding goal met.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 11:15:03 AM »

Jay Losa

• Forum Regular
I really like this deck as well, although I think the red is a great choice here. The simplified courts with bold coloring plays well for my eye, I can't wait to get some in my hands. The Jokers are also a lot of fun. I think the dots on the card back add whimsy to things that while not being overly complicated at all really make this stand out. I'm hopeful this will see it's funding goal met.

You know, you are correct. The red IS perfect on this one. :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:15:32 AM by Jay Losa »

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 03:06:19 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This is an excellent deck for almost any application, especially in magic.  It's cool and unique, yet at the same time simple and familiar.  I might have to back this one!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 04:02:17 PM »

Jay Losa

• Forum Regular
This is an excellent deck for almost any application, especially in magic.  It's cool and unique, yet at the same time simple and familiar.  I might have to back this one!

Agreed, I was a huge fan of this when it was on indie go go (before my forum days)

I'm so glad it's on Kickstarter! I really hope it makes it. I do wish he went with the classic finish instead of diamond tho. Oh well, still a great deck !

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 05:11:21 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Agreed, I was a huge fan of this when it was on indie go go (before my forum days)

I'm so glad it's on Kickstarter! I really hope it makes it. I do wish he went with the classic finish instead of diamond tho. Oh well, still a great deck !

As far as I can remember, LPCC Diamond Finish = EPCC Master Finish, just as LPCC Classic Finish = EPCC Classic Finish.  There's nothing wrong with Diamond that I know of.  (Remember, I did a story on EPCC stocks for CARD CULTURE.)

Emerald, I'm told, is a different story - EPCC doesn't have an equivalent; it's something LPCC worked out with a Chinese plant, not made or used at the Taiwan plant the two companies share.  They used it on the Serpentine Deck - I thought Serpentine was OK, but some have complained that the stock feels cheaper.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 05:12:08 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/