You are Here:
I'm very disappointed in you, Dan and Dave

Author (Read 4100 times)

I'm very disappointed in you, Dan and Dave
« on: December 11, 2011, 07:41:42 AM »

awesomeness12

• Forum Regular
This is sad. So here's the story. Today is of course december 11. At the beginning of October, I requested an autographed card from Dan and Dave. Well I was just so excited and eager to just see that card, given the fact I don't own any smoke and mirrors. About two weeks later, nothing had shown up from them. No big deal,my mom told me free stuff takes a really long time to get here. But it was from Dan and Dave, so I wasn't sure what was going on. Then,I go on Dan and daves wall on Facebook. I asked them you know stuff like,"Do you know what happened?" Well they actually responded and said they were really sorry;they promised I would get it. Well here we are almost three MONTHS away from the day I ordered it. It's really not that big of a deal, considering it was free. I'm pretty much positive I won't get it now. They even removed a post about it on facebook yesterday. Well whatever.
Most Recently Added: Variety Box v4
Decks I'm looking for: Black Crowns, Smoke and Mirrors v5, Centurions, Sentinels.

Re: I'm very disappointed in you, Dan and Dave
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 07:49:32 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I requested for a signed card since their new site launched too. And yet I havn't receive any.
But I thinks that might be because they are flooded with those requests.
I don't blame them on this.

But they often deleted posts on facebook, even it's not any complains, or anything bad about them at all.
I don't know why or what their reasons for this. Not much happy but it's okay.

What I disappointed in them is now their products seems more "marketing", it's like they are producing decks every 2 weeks and say keep saying they are limited. Also, they just made an unknown deck famous, maybe they've bought all of those decks cheap, and resell them for $26.95 or so. Hyping any decks they want, sadly a lot of us fall into the hype too.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »

awesomeness12

• Forum Regular
That's pretty much exactly how I feel
Most Recently Added: Variety Box v4
Decks I'm looking for: Black Crowns, Smoke and Mirrors v5, Centurions, Sentinels.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 07:55:10 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
i requested one its been like a month and nothing so i asked them to put one in with my order they said they defently owuld we will see if i get it ^^

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I requested a card the day they launched the new site and haven't received it. I've only heard of 2 or 3 people receiving theirs

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
I got mine before they switched the site layout. Took about 3 days for me to receive it. Maybe you should just request one through the actual contact section.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 12:46:38 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got mine before they switched the site layout. Took about 3 days for me to receive it. Maybe you should just request one through the actual contact section.
Before the new site, most people were receiving them. But once they made a section to get a free signed card, barely anyone got them

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
I have recieved one from before the site relaunch in a matter of a week or so (and that was with shipping to Australia)

Maybe try emailing them directly, like the old way you had to do it to get one, I dealed with Dan directly and my card was sent out within 24 hours of me sending the email.
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
That happened to me too! I really wanted one a while back, and it never came, so I sent like two more requests, and one day only one of my requests got through and I got mine. Just try again and again, and if it doesn't work, just buy a deck and ask them to sign like a joker or an ace.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »

reckone1999

i'm just disappointed in hand lotion, owl shirts, and the decline in the quality of their playing cards designs.

i just hope that they keep working on material, and are able to release stuff on the trilogy's level. and i hope that they will be able to bring back the design and quality that they had with the smoke and mirrors series.

there's a reason why v6 sold out in under 3 hrs, and it's that same reason that accounts for fantastique, and fulton's clip joint still being in stock.

interestingly enough, it was brad fulton that came up with the whole black and white deck concept with the title smoke and mirrors for them.

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 07:34:02 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yah, it would be nice for D&D to add some new style to their decks. I haven't been into their recent decks because of the design, I really liked their v1-v3's but i also like the simple concept of the v4-v6's. The Fultons and the Fantasics are just not my ball of fur. Congrats on joining Aether along with your first post by the way!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 01:22:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This is sad. So here's the story. Today is of course december 11. At the beginning of October, I requested an autographed card from Dan and Dave. Well I was just so excited and eager to just see that card, given the fact I don't own any smoke and mirrors. About two weeks later, nothing had shown up from them. No big deal,my mom told me free stuff takes a really long time to get here. But it was from Dan and Dave, so I wasn't sure what was going on. Then,I go on Dan and daves wall on Facebook. I asked them you know stuff like,"Do you know what happened?" Well they actually responded and said they were really sorry;they promised I would get it. Well here we are almost three MONTHS away from the day I ordered it. It's really not that big of a deal, considering it was free. I'm pretty much positive I won't get it now. They even removed a post about it on facebook yesterday. Well whatever.

Have you taken the time to contact Customer Service?  Their man, Syd, is generally very responsive - I got replies from him on Sunday (yesterday, now that it's Monday on the East Coast).
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 03:41:02 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i also requested it but not much of a surpise that i did not receive it .. i guess alot of people have requested for the signed card and i dun think that he will give all of them a signed card right?

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 02:28:14 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
My guess would be : Increase your chance of getting a signed card by the Buck Twins by requesting it during a order at the online shop.
If yould think about it : 3000 people requesting a signed card and they have to pay the shipping....
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 07:08:49 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
I got mine fairly quickly, bout two weeks (I live in Singapore) I requested it trice, twice on thier webpage using my name and my bro's and once on thier facebook using my name.. they send an enevelope with an ace signed but the receipient was my brother sooo yeah, still got the card though. Maybe try sending more requests or so? or like kpop said, request for one when you order from them
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 09:18:13 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
I got mine fairly quickly, bout two weeks (I live in Singapore) I requested it trice, twice on thier webpage using my name and my bro's and once on thier facebook using my name.. they send an enevelope with an ace signed but the receipient was my brother sooo yeah, still got the card though. Maybe try sending more requests or so? or like kpop said, request for one when you order from them
i live in singapore too but i request it so many time i still dun get any .. btw you get a signed ace can post pic

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 07:22:55 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
I did asked Syd about my requested signed card on 29 Dec. His reply was

"As for the signed card, there was a little bit of a back up and a large amount were just mailed out. I know will be mailed out next week too. You should get a card in 2-3 weeks."

I still haven't receive one but hey, it's free and the postage to New Zealand is not cheap either.

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 07:33:54 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
i live in singapore too but i request it so many time i still dun get any .. btw you get a signed ace can post pic

will post once I reach home!

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 07:34:38 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I did asked Syd about my requested signed card on 29 Dec. His reply was

"As for the signed card, there was a little bit of a back up and a large amount were just mailed out. I know will be mailed out next week too. You should get a card in 2-3 weeks."

I still haven't receive one but hey, it's free and the postage to New Zealand is not cheap either.

Oh, there was a mass of requests? I guess it's comforting to hear that the requests were just all caught up in one big delay, rather than totally ignored. I hope the one I requested is on its way!
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 05:45:16 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
Here are the photos I promised! I included the enevelope as well, the front's just plain with the address and stamp, nothing special, on the back it says Dan & Dave as shown.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:46:10 AM by K »

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 06:12:52 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
I got 1 to see if i would get one before the change and i got it and I asked for 4 in one envelope to put in packages to send to people eg, Phantom and i received the 4 in 1 envelope!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 07:06:54 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
you lucky guy!!!! I want more signed cards too!!!  :-[ hahaha, so are you gonna ship them to others?? i'm gussing not cos postage isn't free haha
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:07:21 AM by K »

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 07:18:45 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
well, i i send something to someone i would put one in, i have one left!!

trade or buy a couple of wallets made from playing cards ill slip my last one in for you! ;)
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 09:54:45 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
The title says it all for me.  I'm also disappointed in D&D.

It took forever for me to get my last order from them, and when I waited up to 3am for that release...they delayed it over 1/2 an hour.

I'm also not liking the amount of decks they are releasing.  Why the hell would I want to pay shipping every 5 weeks for the newest release from them.  I am done purchasing anything from their site.

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 10:36:01 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
@CBJ well, you could contact syd for the time it takes to ship stuff to your residence, that might help abit.